47% would recommend to a friend
(1626 total reviews)
56% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good pay and easy to handle with help" (in 161 reviews)
- "Healthy roads is a good benefit try to reduce stress and stay healthy." (in 93 reviews)
- "The early career people are great because they're too young to know to avoid this company" (in 71 reviews)
- "Flexible hours and well managed working hours." (in 38 reviews)
- "Flexible schedule and easy to get promoted" (in 32 reviews)
- "Dirty store because managers don't push the younger associates." (in 87 reviews)
- "Bad management Pay Uniforms Etc Etc" (in 79 reviews)
- "Poor upper management." (in 45 reviews)
- "No work/life balance" (in 31 reviews)
- "Everyone who promoted is based off favoritism and not actually performance." (in 30 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of RaceTrac and is not affected by filters.
Found 1,626 of over 2K reviews
Updated Dec 3, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 3.0Aug 18, 2023SSC EMPLOYEECurrent Employee, more than 1 yearAtlanta, GA
- Many internal promotions are offered - Growth opportunities for field employees to move into corporate roles - The SSC is in a nice location. They have a Starbucks in the building, Carl’s cafe, and many other places to eat around. - Brand recognition - Hybrid work model - Trainings offered - 20 days of vacation your first year of employment, 10 given up front. - Nice co-workers
- Key roles are plagued with uninspiring leaders with limited experience. - Managers compete with any type of rules, processes, or structure which makes it very difficult for everyone to complete their jobs. - Lack of prioritization - The turnover is insane. HR knows why and won’t do anything to address attrition rates. - There is resistance to change minor things. - Everything is still operating like a small family business, yet they have over 10,000 employees. - There is no LOA policy. - C-Suite does not trust their leaders to make any decisions. - DE&I strategy is non-existent - You will never be paid at market. Specifically, the store employees are underpaid severely.6
- 4.0Nov 25, 2023Co ManagerFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsWinter Haven, FL
The pay is $17 hourly. Co-managers and GM are only management to receive monthly sales bonuses
Responsible for basically the whole store and all employees. Pay isn't as good as it should be for its expectations and no home/work life balance.
- 3.0Nov 18, 2023Warehouse AssociateFormer Employee, less than 1 yearCartersville, GA
long breaks and it’s climate controlled they give you food sometimes
there is favoritism and the work can be very hard if you complain you will get put somewhere bad some managers are condescending if they don’t like you
RaceTrac Reviews FAQs
RaceTrac has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 1,666 reviews left anonymously by employees. 47% of employees would recommend working at RaceTrac to a friend and 40% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
47% of RaceTrac employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated RaceTrac 2.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.