Rackspace Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Rackspace CEO Joe Eazor
Joe Eazor
Pros
Cons
  • "Lack of work life balance for those in 24/7 roles(in 34 reviews)

• "Incompetent middle-management pits employeees against one another as opposed to fixing problems(in 66 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Customer Obsessed and Incredible People"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Vision is unchanged: to be recognized as a world-class service company Team-based Culture that promotes ownership Pushes decision making to those working daily with customers Leaders who are regularly thinking about improving customer experience and driving employee engagement Opportunity for those willing to put in the work

Cons

Culture can seem 'wide-open' which doesn't work for those wanting very clear, scripted, organized work environment Can lead to change fatigue if communication is unclear

Advice to Management

Keep learning and finding ways to improve the customer experience (listen to those supporting customers each day!) Continue ramping up the communications to employees

Rackspace2018-09-10

Rackspace Response

September 17, 2018Employee Experience Analyst

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and so is your service to the company. Thank you for being a promoter of Rackspace!

"Best Employer I have ever had"

Current Employee - Global Support Technician II - Linux in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a strong culture here that is embodied in every racker: the dedication to providing finantica support, not just to our customers, but to other Rackers. After joining the company, I can see why their interview process is the way it is. I have worked call center tech support for 5 years. Rackspace is NOT a call center job, but it does have quite a few elements of the tech support roles I came from. My previous...

Cons

If I had to really nitpick and pull out something negative, it would be the communication between departments. It's not horrible, but it could be better.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture alive & continue on the path that we are progressing through now. I see the current process changes and they are making us better as a company!

Rackspace2018-12-04

Rackspace Response

January 2, 2019Global Talent Brand Manager

Thanks for your review! Happy to have you on our team and supporting our customers.

3. "Still Great!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are the best part of Rackspace. From leaders to individual contributors, they make the the difference in why we all come to work each day.

Cons

Poor communication of the corporate Strategy (...getting better!) and lack of meaningful prioritization from the head shed to the front line.

Rackspace2019-04-15
  4. "Great Environment"

Former Employee - Customer Service Technician

I worked at Rackspace full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun and upbeat environment. Great coworkers

Cons

Promotion system needs to be reviewed especially for cloud office

Rackspace2019-04-09

"Company on the Decline"

Current Employee - Linux Administrator II in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people in the technical staff are top notch and incredibly intelligent. Everyone has a similar mindset of wanting to help each other to be better and be better for our customers.

Cons

The top level management doesn't seem to know what to do with a company predicated on excellent customer service. Excellent customer service tends to be costly and businesses have the goal of always reducing cost. Those 2 things are fundamentally diametrically opposed.

Advice to Management

The product being sold at Rackspace isn't the servers or the data center space. It's the people and their skills. Start treating them like an investment that pays off in higher customer satisfaction instead of an expense you can offshore to India.

Rackspace2019-04-17

"Rackspace Executive Admin"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Rackspace full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fun, fast paced environment, they try to focus on team building, people treat each other like friends and family, never a dull moment.

Cons

Company lay-offs, Senior Leaders high rate of turn-over, Marketing changes daily, too many meetings, send an email. Different segments of the business are not en-sync.

Advice to Management

Be honest with employee's and give real feedback.

Rackspace2019-04-15
  7. "Would be 5 stars if not part of Rackspace"

Current Employee - Cde in Austin, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work for a company that is owned entirely by Rackspace, but is branded separately along with a few other distinctions. If I was just reviewing my company it would get 5 stars without question and if I was just reviewing Rackspace it would get 3 stars. My company is called ObjectRocket and is great because of the people I work with. Of course some are difficult at times, but you cannot go anywhere and overall get...

Cons

The cons all belong to Rackspace. Number one by far is that Rackspace is part of the recruiting process for ObjectRocket. They have no idea what is best for the Austin office of ObjectRocket. The recruiter is not even in the office and when I check for them online multiple times they are actually offline.

Advice to Management

Check your reputation online, its not that good and Rackspace is considered very expensive. If an employee makes a referral that referral needs to go to the front of the line because it was made for a reason. Some recruiter in California has no idea what is best for a team in Texas.

Rackspace2019-04-02
  8. "NA"

Current Employee - Network Technician

I have been working at Rackspace full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work-life balance in the company

Cons

less paid (I feel so)

Rackspace2019-03-28
  9. "Good place to gain experience and grow"

Current Employee - Scrum Master III in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Rackers - Work Life Balance - Pay is descent / Benefits

Cons

- Stay away if you're not use to change, this company moves really fast and demands flexibility in your role - Org changes can impact your chances of getting promoted

Advice to Management

While change is part of any business you have to make sure you don't loose company culture / Racker Culture

Rackspace2019-03-27
  10. "Still one of the best companies in San Antonio"

Current Employee - Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Racker are amazing!!! the culture that made this company one rising star is still there - Still making the impossible possible and offer that fanatical experience to the customers

Cons

-Changes in leadership, strategy and structure are so fast that is difficult just to catch up, and when you do the leader is changed, or the goals, or the structure, or the process so you have to run again, no time for breathing. -Seems like they are just trying new things and they are not waiting for the dust to settle to analyze really what worked and what should be tweaked. -Layers in Directors and Senior management...

Advice to Management

Don't change strategy, structure and goals every quarter or six months, try to analyze the results and root causes. Sometimes seems like decisions are made in the fly without much thinking in how to execute, the impact in the actual company and process, and how to effectively share the value proposition, promote it and sell it.

Rackspace2019-04-10