Rackspace Technology Employee Reviews about "work life balance"
Updated Nov 29, 2021
Found 259 of over 3K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Got a burning question about Rackspace Technology? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Rackspace Technology employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Great people throughout the company who really give a damn and who step in front of trains for the customer" (in 338 reviews)
- "Great culture if you are young and get a lot of satisfaction from working and accomplishments from such." (in 319 reviews)
- "Benefits are great and PTO" (in 168 reviews)
- "Good work Life balance and into latest technology" (in 144 reviews)
- "Permanent work from Home" (in 65 reviews)
- "overinflated view of itself |increased bad management | no execution | growing pains leading to loss of culture" (in 138 reviews)
- "Middle management is afraid of senior leadership because of the high risk of being fired." (in 118 reviews)
- "Most managers are good only in being a 'proxy/party in the middle' where all what you do is listening to complains and forwards it" (in 95 reviews)
- "Pay is low for market and keeps getting lower the longer you stay" (in 80 reviews)
- "Salary is low compared to other high tech places in Austin." (in 63 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Rackspace Technology and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- Current Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★
It's a great company with great promise and passion.Jul 18, 2014 - Director in San Antonio, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Unparalleled passion and commitment. I've never worked for a company more committed to the people. nThe work-life balance is great and most roles/managers take a 'as long as you get your work done' mentality that is very empowering.
Constant re-organizations and prioritization changes are exhausting. We talk about preventing/eliminating silos in the org but they always seem to pop up. We need to incentivize groups to communicate/coordinate better and not just "hope it will happen naturally".Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★
Great Company to work withJul 16, 2021 - Project Manager in Gurgaon, HaryanaRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Best place to work, HR team is very approachable, Great place to learn new technologies related to Cloud etc. Best Work Culture.
Not as such only if work life balance can be improved based on projects assigned.Continue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★
Not the usual corporate cultureApr 19, 2010 - Technology Support Role in Chicago, ILRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great culture if you are young and get a lot of satisfaction from working and accomplishments from such. Extremely fun social environment. A lot of opportunity to learn on the job. Fast pace environment. Very different culture from typical public companies.
Very different culture from other public companies. If you expect to have typical work/life balance and traditional responsibilities this probably isn't the place for you. Compensation is below reasonable market. The satisfaction of a job well done is considered part of the reward of working at Rackspace.Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★
Over the moonNov 8, 2015 - Windows Systems Administrator (Enterprise) in Hayes, EnglandRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- fantastic vibe; informal, friendly and international - strong culture of promoting from within; lots of mobility and opportunity for development - huge amount of management focus on ensuring it is a good workplace and employees are looked after - interesting work, done to a high standard of quality - strong attempt to remove technical debt and improve toolsets - lots of bleeding-edge tech washing round the company - you can have a very advanced technical career here - I joined quite deficient in a couple of technologies, but they saw my potential and invested in me. We all support each other here, and I reckon this is the place if you want to be the best you can be. - work/life balance is very good for most people here (given that this country still thinks 40 h/wk is a normal week). However it's not so good for me, because when i get home I work on pet projects. The stuff you can get involved with here is awesome. I can't really put the work down. - I took a big pay increase when I joined from a small MSP
- Location is out by Heathrow airport and I live in Central London. WFH is available when needed but discouraged as a rule, because face-to-face is considered important. I agree with this policy, but some might disagree. - There isn't enough time to get involved in all the projects that interest me! - Canteen is OK, not greatContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
Great Job with Great PeopleNov 11, 2015 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
It honestly really depends on what team you are on. For me, it can be flexible. Great vacation and benefits. Work hard, play hard. Encourages work/life balance and any critiques done seem to actively worked on. I am given a lot of different things to work with and learn.
Training can be limited. Some tools are not efficient and can make it harder to do job.
- Current Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★
Great place to work and grow!Jun 21, 2021 - Cloud Architect in Des Moines, IARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Rackspace is an amazing company to work for. The amount of exposure and growth opportunity is tremendous.
Time management and work life balance is a learned skill. If you practice this skill, it will serve you well at Rackspace.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★
Great place to workNov 27, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Hayes, EnglandRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
There are some really amazing people at Rackspace, that make going to work everyday a pleasure. Salaries are good and they will pay to get and keep good people. New direction of the company since going private is encouraging. Good benefits. Work/life balance good (in my experience).
Tooling tooling tooling Evidence of micro-management in some quarters (not in my experience but I hear about it)Continue reading
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★
One of the best organisation I worked with.Jan 20, 2020 - Systems Administrator in Gurgaon, HaryanaRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
1. Ample opportunities to learn new technologies along with management skills. 2. Great work life balance as they provide work from home option as well if you genuinely need it. 3. Very friendly environment. Every one is willing to help each other. 4. This is the only company where you can reach out to HR department easily. If you will ask for help they will immediately respond to your queries. 5. Very friendly and approachable management. 6. One of the best knowledge base they have to make your daily operations smooth.
Was not able to find a single one during my tenure.
- Current Employee★★★★★
Overall this is the best palce I have ever worked.Nov 13, 2009 - Windows Systems Administrator III in San Antonio, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Freedom to do things creativly Knowledge Sharing Feel a sense of accomplishment at the end of every day Get to direcly help customers solve difficlut problems Challenging Great Envoroment Awesome Culture Friends and Family Training Classes Openness between teams Ownership of the issue
There can be a harsh work load to Tech ratio If you let yourself can easily get too commited and end up tipping over your work life balance As long as you can compartmentalize the two and can stop thinking about work you are good Sometimes there seems to be a lack of accountablilityContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
Transition ManagementApr 28, 2022 - Service Transition Manager in Gurgaon, HaryanaRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good work Life balance and into latest technology
So many internal teams to handle and interact.