Radiant Senior Living Reviews | Glassdoor

James T. Guffee

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Executive Director"

I have been working at Radiant Senior Living full-time

Pros

I've been with the company for about a year and am pretty impressed. Good support for doing the right thing and a genuine concern for the core values of the company. It's a nice atmosphere for an ED to operate in.

Cons

There are always some little things, but really not anything that isn't personal preference or found in any company.

Advice to Management

as you expand, it might be time to consider adding a couple more regional positions. Those folks have a lot on their plates

"Meh"

Current Employee - Dietary Aide in Salem, OR
    Current Employee - Dietary Aide in Salem, OR

I have been working at Radiant Senior Living (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, Residents are awesome

Cons

Low pay, management needs improvement

Advice to Management

Increase wages

3. "Excellent Company - committed to core values!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Portland, OR

I have been working at Radiant Senior Living full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company stands behind their mission statement of creating and sustaining comfortable, caring environments for those who depend on us. Values honesty, integrity, reliability, excellence, respect and compassion. Our excellence depends on the people who work for it and we value our employee's.

Cons

No cons - Great company to work for and one that I recommend highly.

4. "Love this company"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Tualatin, OR
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Tualatin, OR

Pros

Outstanding support and positive communication from top down. This very caring company is more concerned about overall resident satisfaction, care and employee happiness then the bottom line. They are very good at management assistance and creating effective systems for individual campus success. Great place to work.

Cons

It doesn't feel like work as it's so much fun!

5. "good place"

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

Pros

Good place to work. Health care benefits, 401K, vacation

Cons

I cant really think of any

Advice to Management

none

6. "Caring Company"

Current Employee - Social Media & Marketing Specialist in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Social Media & Marketing Specialist in Portland, OR

I have been working at Radiant Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am the Social Media and Marketing Specialist at Radiant Senior Living. This review is of my own opinion.

I have had the pleasure of working with the Radiant Senior Living Home Office team for the past three years. I've witnessed the CEO and COO, alongside the rest of the team, working to live up to the company mission and values. In nearly everything that they do they are thinking about how it will benefit the residents, team members, or family members at our communities.

It is easy to blame corporations, and I have done so in the past, but having worked with this company and witnessed the care that they put into their decisions I can say that this is a small-business that has grown and not a bunch of disconnected executives. One of the things I hear often is the phrase "being good stewards of the company" which to them is not only being good stewards of the financial well-being of the company (which keeps it going and allows us to help seniors) but also to the people who work with us and the people who trust us with their family and friends.

I've also had the pleasure of visiting our teams at many of our locations across Oregon, Washington, Montana, and Colorado. The people that work jobs in this field have a passion for the people that they care for and our teams are really something to be inspired by.

Cons

This is a hard field. It sometimes requires long hours, weekends, and holidays. It is hard emotionally to get connected to people who may pass on. You have to have a passion for senior care to work in this field and love it.

Advice to Management

Get the word out about the many benefits that you offer. Reading through the reviews on this site makes me sad as it doesn't represent the company that I work for or the many opportunities and benefits that come with working with this company.

7. "Impressions of work at RSL"

Former Freelancer - Executive Director in Tualatin, OR
    Former Freelancer - Executive Director in Tualatin, OR

I worked at Radiant Senior Living (More than 10 years)

Pros

For the ED who earns the privilege of working for RSL you will be well-supported, continually trained, and properly encouraged to provide the best possible care to community residents. Policies and Procedures enjoy regular updates to keep with changes in the field of assisted living and memory care. Home office support is superior.

Cons

There really are no major cons, only matters that one wishes were a bit different here and there, and that reflects more of my personal tastes than anything else.

Advice to Management

Hold your direct reports fully accountable for their areas of concentration to assure your values are reflected in their actions. They need to push your values through all business units you manage.

"Spies and Lies"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Radiant Senior Living full-time

Pros

The residents are a joy to be around! I miss spending time with many of them.
    Various career opportunities available.
    Pretty good hours for my job title.

Cons

Management have spies on all levels to keep an eye on you (they won'r tell you this, of course). If they don't like you, they'll find ANY excuse to try and get rid of you--and yes, that includes lying about you. In other words, if management doesn't like you, you're screwed. Workers on all levels are cliquey and can be very jealous of you, especially if you're a terrific worker, because it makes them look bad and they'll try to get rid of you because of that too.

Advice to Management

No advice as management is the main problem, and they love being a problem. Advising them would be like casting pearls before swine....

9. "Administration found me doing my job suspicious?!"

Former Employee - Med Tech in Salem, OR
    Former Employee - Med Tech in Salem, OR

I worked at Radiant Senior Living full-time

Pros

I adored all my Co workers. Loved all my residents to the core. They made it all very much worth going to work everyday. Left every shift with a smile.

Cons

When administration finds you doing your job suspicious, that's a bit worrisome. After a glowing review mid January, I was terminated because I went back to take my trash my out.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your team and listen to what your employees have to say. The same standard should be held for all employees, and completing your job shouldn't be suspicious it should be expected.

"lack of training and support from DOO"

Former Employee - Director of Social Services in North Bend, OR
    Former Employee - Director of Social Services in North Bend, OR

I worked at Radiant Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome floor staff, great residents and families

Cons

Management is a clique. If you don't fit into their materialistic, hypocritical life style you are doomed from the gate! I would say look some where else for a job, unless yo enjoy being treated like crap and told 'we will get you there', then realize that where they will 'get you' is out the door unless you keep your opinions to your self!

Advice to Management

Really? how many people have to quit and/or get fired before you see what the real problem is there? So sad, even LONG time employees are gone now.