Radiate Media Reviews | Glassdoor

Chris Rothey

1. "Editor"

Current Employee - Production Editor/Online Content Manager in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Production Editor/Online Content Manager in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Radiate Media (More than a year)

Pros

Very laid back staff and great radio friendly environment.

Cons

it's typical Radio Pay

2. "Traffic Producer"

Current Employee - Traffic Producer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Traffic Producer in Chicago, IL

Pros

Working here is better than unemployment.

Cons

Little room for advancement. No pay increase.

Advice to Management

Pay increases.

3. "Great pay, No training, Cliquish"

Former Employee - Traffic Reporter in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Traffic Reporter in Dallas, TX

I worked at Radiate Media part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The most positive thing I can say about my experience was my compensation. However, if you are a former radio broadcaster who might have had the privilege of being extremely well-compensated, $19.00 an hour might be what you would consider good pay.

Cons

Poor training; poor communication from managers; no feedback as to performance except in broad general terms. Little chance for promotion to full time if you don't fall in the "clique."

Advice to Management

Spend time giving more feedback to employees in an effort to help them become better and don't just expect us to listen to the other more seasoned reporters. Group training for new employees would be great.

5. "No future or growth anticipated"

Former Employee - Website Manager & Customer Relations in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Website Manager & Customer Relations in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Fun people to work with
    Downtown Salt Lake City location

Cons

The new CEO brought in a bunch of his network friends to manage the departments. They don't know what they're doing or where they're going, and the company doesn't have the funds to progress the way it needs to. I don't see much of a future and expect that it'll be bankrupt in the near future unless big changes happen.

Advice to Management

Find the funds to incentivize the people who are actually doing all the work. You pay your marketing team too much money for how little they actually know and contribute to the company.

6. "The interview process was very simple. I had a phone interview with the boss, a week later I met with another employee."

Current Employee - Traffic Editor in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Traffic Editor in San Francisco, CA

Pros

It's an exciting position, because I work in the newsroom with Assignment Editors, News Producers and Writers.

Cons

I work very few hours. I wish they could give me more hours.

Advice to Management

It's hard for me to say anything about this company because I work very few hours

7. "Employees pay for company budget woes"

Former Employee - Reporter in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Reporter in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Radiate Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Located in Texas, out of town employees seldom hear from management.

Cons

This is a union-busting outsourcing firm used by broadcasters in order to pay significantly less than AFTRA minimums.

Company began stealing wages a year into employment, insisting on several daily work hours before clocking in. Then, it decreed that the work day did not begin until the reporter arrives at their first story location. In L.A. County, that could frequently be 60 minutes or more in morning rush hour. Start at 7 a.m., unpaid until 10 a.m.

Company seems to lack trust in employees, insisting on excessive paperwork to document every minute of the work day. Demanded employees take an hour lunch break (something reporters who eat on the run don't due in the course of a day) in order to keep personnel on the clock an extra hour.

Upon termination for reasons so vague they could not be contested, the firm badly bollixed health insurance conversion to COBRA, further complicated by its HR outsourcing firm. Radiate repeatedly promised to keep my name at the top of the list for the next opening, which they quickly forgot as soon as it received my written pledge not to sue the company in order to collect final wages.

8. "Good Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Radiate Media full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Every one is very supportive and eager to help answer any questions on new subjects or issues.

Cons

Very confusing who has the final call on final decisions. Too many cooks in the kitchen.

9. "Lots of Room for Growth."

Current Employee - Editor, Producer in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Editor, Producer in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Radiate Media part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere. Great people. Consistent work. I've been here for less than a year working part-time and I was recently promoted to a full-time salaried position.

Cons

Can be a little disorganized at times, but there are plenty of gears working together. There's often method to the madness.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire within. This is how you gain loyal employees and a sense of opportunity.

10. "Great company if you are looking to be on the edge of cutting technology."

Former Employee - Manager of Website Operations in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Manager of Website Operations in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Radiate Media full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great teams to work with. They really know their stuff. They try to be on the cutting edge of every bit of technology.

Cons

Don't get stuck in a piece of the company they are moving away from. Move forward with the company. Lay offs come as they change models regularly.

Advice to Management

Keep people informed. The company will have more respect if you inform people as to your real intentions.

11. "Corporate Policy with Start-up Compensation"

Current Employee - Website Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Website Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Radiate Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good co-workers. Close to downtown Salt Lake City. Very little micromanagement.

Cons

The company has no direction and continually works to stay just ahead of its next mistake. New products are rushed, buggy, and are poorly implemented. Compensation is ridiculously low when compared to comparable positions at other companies. Management claims to have an open ear to issues but either nothing is ever done, or new policies are implemented that worsen the situation. Communication between departments is poor and leaves customer dissatisfied and looking elsewhere. There are no measures of accountability in place which leaves hardworking employees 'out to dry' and poor employees floating along while others are carrying their load.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees and customers about the future of products and the direction of the company. Create a system of accountability and appreciation. If internal issues are resolved, the external issues will resolve themselves.