Radio Flyer Reviews

Updated Feb 14, 2021

5.0
Radio Flyer Chief Wagon Officer Robert Pasin
Robert Pasin
Pros
  • "All Flyers attend regular all-hands company meetings(in 21 reviews)

• "We have a great senior management team who lead us through the easy and challenging times(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It's a small company so the work load can get high at times(in 9 reviews)

• "Commuting in from the southwest suburbs can be highly variable depending on time-of day(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Jan 20, 2021 - Business
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, fun environment, supportive of your career and goals

Cons

None that I can think of. Hefty interview process if you aren't into that, but ensures they are hiring the right people and gives you a deep understanding of the culture

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Graphic Designer

Nov 9, 2020 - Graphic Designer in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Small company allows you to wear many hats.

Cons

Has a "We're not just a company, but a family" mentality, which can be a bit overwhelming at times

3. 5.0

Amazing Place to Work

Aug 21, 2020 - Design Research Lead in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Radio Flyer Provides great opportunities to do creative and meaningful work. The team is full of committed and wonderful people who are always willing to help out and do whatever is needed to unsure the success of the company and our products. We have wonderful benefits, opportunities for advancement and learning, and opportunities for fun! We're a small and agile team that gets to work on unique, challenging, and rewarding projects.

Cons

The location is a little hard to get to without a car but the office is beautiful and spacious.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Aug 20, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Radio Flyer provides employees a great sense of responsibility. This allows people to thrive and grow quickly. Given the lean team, Engineers get to learn many different aspects of the product development cycle and the business as a whole. Rather than learning one specific technical skills, you get to touch all different parts of the development cycle (quality, testing, design, tooling, etc). Each member of the team has a direct impact on the business and people are rewarded for that.

Cons

During peak parts of the year the workload can be a bit heavy.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fun atmosphere with great people!

Aug 20, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Radio flyer has an amazing culture that allows people to be themselves and share their experiences. This allows the company to strive with innovation, creativity and be a leader in the industry. All the people i work with have an awesome positive attitude and are always willing to help with workloads.

Cons

location is a bit far on the west side of Chicago. Lack of resources in certain departments, which delays certain projects.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

I love my job. Friends and family are often jealous.

Aug 20, 2020 - Industrial Designer II in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great workspace and people. Lots of fun and great work/life balance.

Cons

Location. There will be a commute if you have kids and don't want to live near the city.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work for All

Aug 19, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Benefits Meaningful Work Opportunities for Advancement Great Company Hosted Events

Cons

Tricky Drive from Suburbs Average Pay

8. 5.0

Great Company Culture and Benefits

Aug 19, 2020 - Senior Programmer Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked at Radio Flyer for five years now I started off as an intern and was hired on full-time after graduation. The culture here is amazing from the warm memories committee, which celebrates life events (weddings and babies) at company meetings, to the two paid volunteer days off where you get to spend the day volunteering in the community with fellow flyers (co-workers)! Radio Flyer also just remodeled their offices with all brand new furniture including sit to stand desks for everyone! Some of the other great things around the office include: -Subsidized Whole Foods Fridge (Salads, Sandwiches, Breakfast Tacos etc.) -Option to participate in catered lunch every Tuesday -Backyard area to eat lunch/work

Cons

The location is in far west Chicago which makes the commute long.

9. 5.0

Great Coworkers and Strong Culture

Aug 19, 2020 - Visual Communications Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm consistently impressed with the dedication and positivity of everyone who works at Radio Flyer. It's great to work with dependable and talented coworkers. Radio Flyer has a very feedback-oriented culture which leads to opportunities for learning, growth and advancement. Our mission and company goals are clear, and senior leaders are approachable. I feel valued as a member of the Radio Flyer team, and I'm proud to tell people this is where I work.

Cons

Small teams can be challenging during busy seasons

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great team with shared goals and values

Aug 19, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great CEO aka Chief Wagon Officer. Individual and team goals are aligned with company goals through a structured process. Strong communication from management. Beloved, iconic brand.

Cons

Small, lean company so there are not as many opportunities for rapid advancement as you may see at a larger employer.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 144 English Reviews