KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Radio Flyer Chief Wagon Officer Robert Pasin
Robert Pasin

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Radio Flyer and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Collaborative and supportive work environment

Sep 30, 2022 - Flyer in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flyers pull together and are always willing to help each other, even when it's outside their official job responsibilities. Everyone's goals align with company goals - there is a direct relationship/impact between your individual performance and the company's success. We get to work from home on Mondays & Fridays!

Cons

Some departments are understaffed and balance between work & personal life can be challenged.

Chief Wagon Officer

Thank you for your review and for your feedback. I am happy to hear you are enjoying the hybrid work schedule! I encourage you to share any concerns with me or your manager so we can have a discussion. Thanks, Robert

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Our future is bright... come fly with us!

Sep 27, 2022 - Human Resources Specialist (HR Specialist) in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

From wagons to eBikes - Radio Flyer is going places! I've had the pleasure of working here for 7 years and have grown from an intern to a valued member of the Flyer team. The growth opportunities here have helped me in ways that I feel confident I'd have trouble finding elsewhere, from our awesome training program, Wagon U, to being mentored by great leaders that care. Something I really appreciate about working here is that we are routed in a corporate culture but operate with the energy of a start up. It's the best of both worlds - we are nimble and are forward thinking, but I always feel grounded in my role and feel stable in our company's future. We are a great place to work for all and I feel I can be my authentic self at work. Committees create an awesome culture where there is always something fun happening or to look forward to. Our compenstation and benefits package, 401k, profit sharing, free health insurance and generous vacation are some the reasons I feel so taken care of.

Cons

You will work alongside high performers here and it can sometimes feel hard to keep up. But we have strong collaboration across all teams and everyone is ready to support where you need it.

Chief Wagon Officer

I truly believe our future is bright and that we are going places! I am happy you feel taken care of, are growing, and can be your true self at work. Thanks, Robert

3. 5.0

Engaging and Meaningful Work

Sep 30, 2022 - Quality Engineering Supervisor in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Radio Flyer is a very collaborative environment, people want to work together to solve problems. Ideas are always encouraged and discussed, this really builds a sense of belonging and teamwork. You work hands-on with the products as a team, directly seeing and feeling the decisions and changes you help make. Transparency is also big here. As a company, our mission and goals are clearly stated, and you know what direction we're going in. There are regular discussions on how Radio Flyer as a whole is doing, as well as the success of individual products. As in individual, there are also clear, tangible goals, that you can directly trace to the success of the company. There's not much ambiguity as a result, and you can feel yourself making progress every day. Additionally, your personal development and growth is a focus. Radio Flyer invests in your development as you grow, offering an increasing amount of training and professional development courses as your responsibilities change. You're given the tools you need to best do your job.

Cons

We're constantly expanding our product line and increasing the number of products we're developing. The team's growth can lag a behind in comparison. As a result, people can be stretched thin, trying to balance too many priorities.

Chief Wagon Officer

Thanks for your thoughtful review. Personal Development is such an important part of our culture – through Flyer’s individual Personal Development goal, Feedforward, and Wagon U courses, I truly believe Flyers have the tools to grow themselves continuously. Thanks, Robert

4. 5.0

Best Place to Work!

Sep 29, 2022 - Finance in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at Radio Flyer for over 5 years and my decision to work here is the best of my career! I enjoy what I do and the people I work with. I am lucky to work with all teams and to really understand the business. There are monthly company meetings that are interactive and fun that provide transparency to everyone at the company of how we are doing and our strategy and plans for the future. I am consistently challenged and developing constantly. Specifically, Radio Flyer offers "Wagon U" classes to develop all employees and leaders. Radio Flyer provides competitive salaries and rich benefits, which include profit sharing, 3 days of volunteer time off, subsidized lunches, awesome gifts like our electric bike and much more. Some additional more recent positives are the hybrid (remote and on-site) work schedule, extension of family leaves, and commitment to diversity and inclusion. I am so happy to work for a place that is always working towards being the best!

Cons

There are no negatives in working here!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Loving the team and the work

Sep 27, 2022 - Financial Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Radio Flyer is the first company I've worked in where the team, its leaders, and the company emphasizes a high standard of company culture and team dynamics and genuinely lives up to those promises. Collaboration across departments, between both seasoned and new employees is highly encouraged and as a newcomer it was an amazing experience to know my thoughts and skills were appreciated and valued from the very start. Overall the kind of support from my team and my managers since day 1 has absolutely pushed me to take on more responsibility and to really own my own success, and also to always be on the lookout for how I can improve my own work and contribute to the success of my teammates, as well.

Cons

The only negative aspect of my work is the commute itself.

Chief Wagon Officer

Thank you for your thoughtful review. I’m so glad you have felt appreciated and valued since joining the team and see opportunities to grow yourself and our business – that’s what we’re all about. We will keep up the high transparency and I encourage you to share any ideas with me about what we can be doing differently. Thanks, Robert

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Innovative company that cares about it's employees

Sep 30, 2022 - Product Development Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Radio Flyer does a great job of sharing the interconnected nature of the various arms of the company so that it is easy to see the impact and value of your work. A strong focus on employee engagement, great benefits, and a beautiful working environment

Cons

Although there are work from home Mondays and Fridays available, there was a lot more flexibility in 2020/2021. A push to return to office more is understandable, but some of the decisions made in that process felt like they were lacking in employee input. Workload is high and we move quickly as a company, so more flexibility is always appreciated.

Chief Wagon Officer

I agree that our all-company meetings and collaborative culture helps us connect the dots on our individual work, department goals, and our company goals. I appreciate your feedback about our hybrid schedule – we are still learning what works best for the business and for Flyers. I encourage you to keep dialogue going with your manager so we can continue to learn and adjust where it makes sense. Thanks, Robert

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Awesome Environment to Grow

Sep 30, 2022 - Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging Lead/Payroll Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Radio Flyer makes word class products and has cultivated a best in class culture! The professional development, intentional conversations about my career, and opportunities to grow personally and professional is second to none. The benefits are great- zero cost health insurance, extended parental leave, vacation buy opportunities, and three days to volunteer! Competitive Pay Amazing office

Cons

Location isn't ideal. But Chicago has a great public transit system and while my commute maybe long it allows me to listen to my favorite podcast while riding to work!

8. 5.0

Great Place to Work!

Sep 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked for Radio Flyer for over 7 years and can say it truly is a great place the work. Some of the pros that come to mind are the benefits & insurance options, competitive pay, 401k matching and resources for investing, beautiful workspace, career development opportunities, and everyone's role having a significant impact on the business.

Cons

Radio Flyer is a small company and in turn, Flyers end up wearing a lot of hats in their roles. It's not necessarily a con, but it's been difficult to keep up with the work due to staffing this year.

Chief Wagon Officer

I’m happy to hear that 7 years later and you still appreciate so many things about working at Radio Flyer. I encourage you to keep lines of communication during busier periods to ensure that you feel you can keep up. Thanks, Robert

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

A caring workplace

Sep 30, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Life can be unexpected, but you can always count on Radio Flyer to lend a helping hand. Great diversity and inclusion initiatives. High performing teams and awesome team work. Management has an innovative vision for the future.

Cons

Workload can be fast paced and demanding at times, definitely more suited for individuals with high standards.

Chief Wagon Officer

Thank you for your review! I agree that we have taken amazing strides toward our mission of building a great diverse team, and the opportunities for all Flyers to belong continues to be strong. We recognize there is more to be done and I encourage you to keep sharing ideas and feedback. Thanks, Robert

10. 5.0

Best place I've ever worked

Sep 27, 2022 - Fulltime Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

High performing/caring/collaborative teammates (check) Great benefits and compensation (check) Fun events and opportunities to connect (check) Meaningful and impactful work (check) Feeling valued (check)

Cons

Sometimes volume could be high, but the results are meaningful.

Chief Wagon Officer

A highly engaged team that shares their perspective (check!). Thanks for your review. We will keep doing what we’re doing and are always looking to become even more FUNomenal. Thanks, Robert

Viewing 1 - 10 of 200 Reviews

Radio Flyer Reviews FAQs

Radio Flyer has an overall rating of 5.0 out of 5, based on over 241 reviews left anonymously by employees. 99% of employees would recommend working at Radio Flyer to a friend and 99% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Radio Flyer employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Radio Flyer. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

99% of Radio Flyer employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Radio Flyer 4.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 5.0 for culture and values and 4.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Radio Flyer to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, work life balance.

Popular Careers with Radio Flyer Job Seekers