Radio Systems Corporation Reviews
51% would recommend to a friend
(210 total reviews)
36% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Management is always very busy because they keep a lean office, so people are left with multiple roles." (in 9 reviews)
- "Competitive compensation is when an opportunity is presented from another company and the choice to leave or stay is difficult to make." (in 5 reviews)
- "Blatant favoritism in certain departments." (in 4 reviews)
- "Senior leadership is in flux currently and processes are changing." (in 4 reviews)
- "The only thing that I would say needs to be a focus is continual communication and over communication of where the ship is going so that everyone is on the same page." (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Radio Systems Corporation and is not affected by filters.
Found 210 of over 222 reviews
Updated Dec 2, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 1.0Dec 2, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsKnoxville, TN
Benefits are competitive for a company this size
“Fewer bigger,” “we’re building the plane while flying it,” “let’s do the hard right vs the easy wrong,”… unbelievable culture of management shoveling cutesy corporate catch phrases and acronyms at employee base instead of choosing to lead and model real leadership behaviors.2
- 4.0Oct 17, 2023Customer Service SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 1 yearKnoxville, TN
Break room/wellness time/dogs and snacks
Repetitive work, with little to no ability to move up in the company2
- 3.0May 10, 2023Customer Service RepresentativeCurrent Employee
For the most part, employees are warm, energetic, caring people. I feel lucky to be able to work with such passionate people. My direct managers are incredibly hardworking and will go to battle for you if needed. Also dogs in office, need I say more.
Pay is low and employees from all aspects of the company have begged and pleaded for competitive wages. Many great people have been lost due to leadership ignoring these pleas. We are running on a skeleton crew wearing multiple hats, stretched to our breaking point. We ask for better pay, they give us a pizza party. Since the leadership change in May 2022, things feel more like toxic corporate America, as opposed to the family community it once was.7
- 2.0Oct 6, 2023MarketingFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsKnoxville, TN
Good benefits have always been here.
People are over worked with too many responsibilities. Not testing products before they go to market. Only concern is money not pet's safety.6
- 2.0Jul 30, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsKnoxville, TN
Dogs at work is refreshing. Most of our products really do improve the quality of life for pets.
Senior Staff puts priority on profit over quality and safety. We launch products before they are ready because we have already promised revenue targets to shareholders. Every single project is a sloppy sprint under our new leadership.12
- 1.0Jun 24, 2023Customer Service Representative (CSR)Former Employee, less than 1 yearKnoxville, TN
The benefits were good and the manager I had was nice. Co-workers were nice
Training is horrible and short for what they need to teach you. At the time I was in training, we did some remote training and some in the office. Was told I had come back late on break/lunch. I advised I didn't but since I didn't have proof they didn't care and they wouldn't go back and look at the recording I got marked down for it. HR is horrible here they didn't have my back at all regarding all of this and talked down to me. I started taking pictures of the time I got back from lunch and breaks. They don't care about your well-being here or if you have a death in the family. I was termed shortly after training. I should have listened to my friend about how horrible this company was.3
- 4.0Dec 15, 2022Supply ChainFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsKnoxville, TN
Radio Systems is one of the best companies I've worked for. The culture, the coworkers, the job. If you're looking for somewhere to work that you'll love, RSC is the place.
The biggest downside is the disregard for modern practices regarding remote work. The world we live in is moving towards being remote after the pandemic. Instead of embracing this, RSC insists on requiring their employees to come to the office. They asked the employees what they wanted and it was overwhelmingly leaning towards remote work. To be transparent, they do allow a hybrid schedule, which is great, but also still a slap in the face considering for the last two years, they allowed everyone to be 100% remote while the company still succeeded and work still got done.3Radio Systems Corporation Response12mo
Thank you for your feedback! Radio Systems strives to create a fun, warm working enviroment while offering our teammates a generous hybrid, work/life balance schedule. While not everyone agrees to be in the office, RSC thrives on colloborative work enviroments, and values our teammates being engaged within the RSC culture. Thanks again for your feedback and service.
- 4.0Jun 29, 2023Senior Program ManagerCurrent Employee
Teammates are super passionate about their work and take personal accountability seriously.
Senior leadership is in flux currently and processes are changing. Flexibility and adaptability are extra important as we go through growing pains.
Radio Systems Corporation Reviews FAQs
Radio Systems Corporation has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 222 reviews left anonymously by employees. 51% of employees would recommend working at Radio Systems Corporation to a friend and 35% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -14% over the last 12 months.
51% of Radio Systems Corporation employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Radio Systems Corporation 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.