RadioShack Radioshack Store Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Dean Rogers
  1. "Store Manager"

Current Employee - Radioshack Store Manager in Middletown, NJ

I have been working at RadioShack full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working for Radio Shack enabled me to learn things I never even thought about. Things that I had to pay other people to fix, connect or wire up I was now able to do myself and have fun sharing that knowledge with my customers to help them in the DIY world.

Cons

There are many test to take from start to finish, and you hate taking them at that time, but after you will be happy you did because you learn a lot.

Advice to Management

Always get your hands in everything you expect the staff to do. Let them know you are a team player and will help them when ever there is a need.

RadioShack2016-09-01
  2. "it was cool"

Current Employee - Radioshack Store Manager

I have been working at RadioShack full-time

Pros

flexible hours and worked with my school schedule

Cons

management was horrible, they talk to you any way

RadioShack2019-05-05

"The good the bad"

Former Employee - Radioshack Store Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at RadioShack full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You don't lift over 20 pounds basically The employee discount rate across the store is great The Educational experience with not only sales but technology

Cons

They are going bankrupt and have raised all prices ridiculously across the store. The budget for store hours is beyond ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Just don't unless your new and need a foot in the door for the title

RadioShack2017-05-07
    • "Dangerous Work"

Former Employee - Radioshack Store Manager in Tulsa, OK

I worked at RadioShack

Pros

Learned about technology Working with young people

Cons

Stores being robbed often No commitment to customer service

Advice to Management

If you are not going to keep your employees safe and you are not interested in happy customers, how can you stay in business as a leach off of wireless providers

RadioShack2017-01-05

"Educational, one of the best on the job retail management training courses around."

Former Employee - Radioshack Store Manager in Bellevue, WA

I worked at RadioShack full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Gained a lot of knowledge about managing a retail electronics store, sales, inventory control, merchandising and customer service. Upper management was very helpful and supportive.

Cons

Retail hours, as store manager I worked open to close many times, back to back to back 12 hour days can be quite challenging.

Advice to Management

Add assistant managers to the employee roster, a responsible trustworthy type so managers don't need to be there as much. Then the store would be in capable good hands and store managers could rest easier when not at work.

RadioShack2016-12-22
    • "Store Manager"

Former Employee - Radioshack Store Manager

I worked at RadioShack full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

40-45 Hour work week, over-time pay. Good employee discount purchase program.

Cons

Disorganized management, out dated product, low inventory, manager salaries recently made $11.50 across the board. There is way too much work and responsibility for that low of compensation. They ended the 401k program during the last year also.

RadioShack2016-05-25

"Work for BestBuy"

Former Employee - Radioshack Store Manager in McPherson, KS

I worked at RadioShack full-time for more than a year

Pros

Discount on batteries. Co workers were cool. Got to watch tv all day since it was usually dead. Reps were cool.

Cons

Pay sucked, corporate never knew what they were doing. Radio shack is dying off and they were struggling to keep afloat by any means. Commission policies and pay out changed every 3 months.

Advice to Management

Close your doors. Stop trying to be like best buy. Stop selling phones, stick to parts and pieces. Train your employees more thoroughly and allow your store managers to have more control over their store.

RadioShack2015-08-21
    • "Sunken Ship"

Former Employee - Radioshack Store Manager in Casper, WY

I worked at RadioShack part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I actually left Radio Shack in 2006 and I haven't looked back. The year range would only go back as far as 2011.

Cons

The Shack was a quickly sinking ship when I left. We used to joke that it was becoming "Cellular Shack". How little did we know how right we'd be. What did it for me was when I saw the same product without the Shack name on it for sale at a clothing store: For half the price! I knew then that RS was doomed and that it was only a matter of time.

Advice to Management

I'll borrow the song from Frozen: LET IT GO. The Shack was dead years ago. Trying to keep the carcass alive on life support only cheapens the memory of a once great company.

RadioShack2015-09-16
    • "Rolling Downhill"

Former Employee - Radioshack Store Manager

I worked at RadioShack full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good customers, and fun product to sell and that's about it. If you are willing to give it RadioShack is willing to take it.

Cons

No chance for any kind of pay raise outside of moving to a better performing store or getting lucky enough to be promoted into a store that is on the edge of making the next tier. No support from a corporate office that has absolutely no idea what goes on in their stores.

Advice to Management

Listen to your teams. At some point you promoted or hired these people for a reason. Value their input and trust their expertise. Reduce prices. When my store was closing we were marking things 10-50% off and I was crushing my goals, including profit goals. Your prices are far too high. Distinguish your selection from the competition. If it's the same stuff Wal-Mart has, your customers will go to Wal-Mart to get it. Pay...

RadioShack2015-07-02
    • "Transition and decline"

Current Employee - Radioshack Store Manager in Saugus, MA

I have been working at RadioShack full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good salary for young adults that doesnt require an education. Independence in staffing Competitive prices in a few product categories Large commission incentive

Cons

Work life balance Corporate management squeezes profitable managers to make up for under performing managers. Multiple daily conference calls when your trying to run a store.

Advice to Management

To late...

RadioShack2015-07-01