RadioShack Retail Sales Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

Dean Rogers
  1. "Sharktank"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at RadioShack part-time for less than a year

Pros

Hands on access to a lot of new technology, including cell phones, phones, phone accessories, radio controlled devices, electronics, batteries and supporting materials.

Cons

I worked as part time, seasonal employee, on full commission, at a location that was scheduled to close after all of the currently promoted and sellable merchandise had already been transferred. I was then transferred to another location that was overstaffed with commission only associates.

Advice to Management

It doe not matter now as the company has been closed for a while. It was always the largest. It was never the best.

RadioShack2016-07-12
  2. "Management and Employee Treatment Issues"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Suwanee, GA

I worked at RadioShack full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Small team size. The customers

Cons

Regularly changing pay structure. Commision wasn't realistic for where each store was located. Heavy push from corporate management to pressure customers into wireless sales. General push to sale too hard to customers instead of beaing allowed to help them with what they needed.

Advice to Management

Great your employees and customers with more respect.

RadioShack2016-03-03
  3. "Retail Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at RadioShack part-time for less than a year

Pros

Employees are great and helpful people.

Cons

Employees and managers are good people in a bad situation! No one is compensated properly. Things are constantly changing and it doesn't seem like the company knows what it wants to be.

RadioShack2016-02-24
  4. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Wichita, KS

I worked at RadioShack part-time for more than a year

Pros

They're flexible scheduling if you've worked there a while

Cons

The store managers are very rude

RadioShack2016-02-20
  5. "Dishonest upper management."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Santee, CA

I worked at RadioShack

Pros

-commission: cam be a good thing. Little extra cash for extra work? Awesome. -in store managers are typically cool people who have also been SA at some point. -interesting and sometimes spectacular customers.

Cons

-base pay is minimum wage. Difficult to keep good technical help when you pay them essentially a pittance. -commissions aren't just extra. There are INTENSE sales goals, and not meeting them consistently will land you in trouble. Difficult to sell smart phones in certain markets, I.E. areas where most citizens are aged 55+, and yet they still expect you to do it. -upper management is INCREDIBLY out of touch with their...

Advice to Management

Stop planograms. They are evil. Also, try maybe not encouraging SAs to be dishonest in order to make sales? That's why I left.

RadioShack2015-09-11
  6. "Decent job for college students"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Kannapolis, NC

I worked at RadioShack part-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun, active work environment with a very positive atmosphere, great schedule flexibility for college students or multiple jobs.

Cons

Wouldn't recommend for full time position, doesn't pay very much, days can be long and slow or really busy.

RadioShack2015-09-01
  7. "Great starting sales job"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate

I worked at RadioShack part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

semi-professional technology environment you learn the basics of retail selling you get the chance to work on some cool projects in order to help customers room for growth due to management turn over

Cons

Not payed nearly enough considering what corporate phone store employees make, and you are doing the same job. The turnover rate of employees can be daunting. Some processes in store could be simplified but their organization is a little out of date due to CEO turn over rate. High rate of employee theft

Advice to Management

Treat your employees the same way other big box technology companies do. and 2% commission is too low period. in other words I can sell 250,000 worth or products and services and only get $6,000 in a year, thats a joke even compared to a used car salesman.

RadioShack2015-08-28
  8. "Horrible upper management"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Mobile, AL

I worked at RadioShack part-time for more than a year

Pros

My store manager was AWESOME. Really enjoyed the customer base. I learned ALOT about technology as a whole....not from Radioshack....but from the customers lol

Cons

Pay. They try to dress it up with a 2% commission ....yes.....2%...on top of minimum wage. There was no stability in hours. I was a TOP seller and even I never knew, until the schedule went out, if I would be getting 60 hours or 11 hours in a pay period.

Advice to Management

PAY the "front line" employees what they are worth....the people running the stores themselves. Put forth some type of NOTICEABLE financial effort... that measures up to TODAYS STANDARDS.

RadioShack2015-07-28
  9. "Good Starter Job"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at RadioShack full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Training Competitive Lots of international customers

Cons

Main focus is phone sales Training can easily be skipped through Managers actively undersale you for bonuses

Advice to Management

None.

RadioShack2015-06-05
  10. "Decent College Job"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in State College, PA

I worked at RadioShack part-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly work environment with mostly knowledgeable staff. Long but straight forward training process. Usually friendly customers looking for staff to assist them with different tech products.

Cons

The store seemed to focus a lot on selling cellphones instead of other specialty products. It was a low paying job and the commission based income was mostly based on selling cellphones as most other individual products were inexpensive. The store also tried to really push their replacement plan on most of the products they sold.

Advice to Management

Take some of the focus off of cellphones. The majority of your businesses customers are looking for specialty electronic parts they used to be able to find at radio shack in the past. Most people I spoke with were surprised to hear that Radio Shack even sold cellphones

RadioShack2015-05-13