RadioShack Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2,708 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"A bad girlfriend that you can't escape"

Former Employee - Market Sales Manager in Michigan City, IN
    Former Employee - Market Sales Manager in Michigan City, IN

I worked at RadioShack full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Interaction with customers was usually favorable. Coworkers we enjoyable. They offer prize incentives for sales contests.

Cons

Stress level especially after the switch to general wireless. Being expected to do more for less. Broken promises, and crushed dreams. No work life balance. No communication. Market Managers were forced to lie to keep peace.

Advice to Management

You can't fix something that is this broken. Pack up the shop and allow this company to ride off into the sunset. It's over.

2. "customer rep."

Pros

there's not a lot of pros to go off of

Cons

very low pay.. and long hours

3. "Really great"

Pros

I loved how comfortable the environment was and my manager taught me a lot about electronics.

Cons

Not much room to work your way up to management

4. "Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Website Administrator in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Website Administrator in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at RadioShack (Less than a year)

Pros

A big company, good customer service, good treatment of employees,customer satisfaction, good company

Cons

No downsides, No downsides, No downsides, No downsides, No downsides

Advice to Management

keep going

5. "RadioShack helped me gain my customer service experience but I was miserable going into work everyday."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at RadioShack part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Getting to play with new electronics. I enjoyed meeting new customers who had similar interest with technology. It feels great fixing something that was broken and seeing people happy.

Cons

Honestly, too much to name but here are a few.... This company expects you to sell everything in the store... If a customer comes in to buy a charger our managers drill it into our heads to ask them about their cell phone upgrade, ask for their email, sell them 3 phone cases, a tv. Warranty. And if we didn't meet our numbers we would get a write up. Did I mention we had to force customers to buy their batteries.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better. Stop focusing on planograms so much! Train your managers to be a team leader not a manager (there's a huge difference). In your store meetings, stop having so much information about useless stuff... No one remembers any of it. Try breaking it down. Quit with all your assignments online! No one learns nothing by clicking a mouse why not actually come in the store and train employees on how to use a new product or train them on how to sell better. One more thing, start selling better products! Not the cheap stuff you guys are making. Quality over quantity. If RS has a chance at staying alive I suggest stop selling things that will break within 1 week of purchase.

6. "Please make a come back"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at RadioShack full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Discounts, co-workers, fast-paced environment, new challenges each day, repetitive work load, near the neighborhood.

Cons

Customers reject prices, customers doubt employees because of bad rep from news, social media etc..., not being stocked with needed product, Sprint employees do 1/2 the work, but get almost 2X the pay! Merchandising changes too frequently, prices fluctuate inconceivably, customer info. randomly deleting/not correctly saving, employee uniform changes force employees to buy new.

Advice to Management

Lower prices to sell more, get better at shipping necessary products to stores, employee pay increase or allow more hours/overtime,

7. "Assistant Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager

I have been working at RadioShack full-time

Pros

Employee discounts, being able to be hands on with new electronics.

Cons

Upper management does not communicate with store level. Promises are made and then never brought to fruition.

Advice to Management

Tell your stores the truth, even if it is bad. Replenish the basics so customers don't order online. If you say you are doing something, do it

8. "Burned to the ground"

Former Employee - Sales Associate - Part Time in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Sales Associate - Part Time in Portland, OR

I worked at RadioShack part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people, great team on the sales floor, managers were always reasonable

Cons

Lots of confusion in the administration as to how to survive as a company. We were constantly demanded to force a product down a customer's throats in order to maintain some impossible level of trust with partnering companies, and our POS systems were outdated and crash often.

Advice to Management

If you see that something isn't working, don't try harder. Try something different

"RadioShack"

Current Employee - Market Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Market Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at RadioShack (More than 5 years)

Pros

Discount, under new ownership (too early to tell if that's positive), new product assortment, remodeled stores, small dedicated customer base.

Cons

Zero labor budget after restructuring. The majority of store are open 11 hours per day/7 days a week, and budgeted on average 96 hours (including manager) for payroll.

Advice to Management

Allow more than 3-4 associates per store, to allow for work/life balance. Vacations, illness, flexibility - these are all things needed. Stop running your stores on a skeleton crew. It cannot succeed. Listen to your employees.

10. "Good job, petty management"

I worked at RadioShack full-time

Pros

Good intro sales job, flexible hours, commission pay, laid back atmosphere, good discounts

Cons

RadioShack's upper management cannot get their story straight and keep putting and taking things off of clearance, meaning that a lot of the times a customer will want a clearance item just to ring up at regular price. Store managers constantly change, so sometimes a store will get an under qualified manager that sacked up to get the position.

Advice to Management

Get better management, team leads have absolutely no idea what their job even qualifies. Give your sales associates a raise, they have to deal with the backlash of your bad price policies.

Showing 2,708 of 2,719 reviews