Radius Global Market Research Reviews | Glassdoor

Radius Global Market Research Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2019

3.2
Radius Global Market Research CEO Chip Lister (no image)
Chip Lister
  1. "Great People and Fun Work"

Current Employee - Group Research Manager

I have been working at Radius Global Market Research full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have seen a lot of positive change at Radius, especially in the past year since we merged with Illumination Research. There are so many opportunities for us to provide our clients with really holistic research, covering the gamut of qualitative and quantitative techniques. I get to work with smart and interesting people and have the flexibility I need to have a good work/life balance.

Cons

Radius is similar other companies it's size on most benefits. The ONE exception is the number of vacation days. That's the one area where there could be improvement. Three weeks minimum and the ability to earn additional days at milestones like the 5 year anniversary have been pretty standard in other companies I've worked for. Suggest just changing to 20 personal days with no differentiation of sick and... vacation, and the ability to earn more with years of service.

Advice to Management

Continue the focus on innovation and deliverables that tell stories with ongoing training in these areas.

Radius Global Market Research2019-07-23

"Go elsewhere"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Radius Global Market Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

None.. These people abuse their employees...

Cons

Everything from the lack of culture and value to the CEO who treats people poorly.. You deserve better.

Radius Global Market Research2019-04-07

Radius Global Market Research Response

April 24, 2019HR Director

At Radius we value our employees and their well being. We take your feedback seriously and will continue to evaluate and improve our company culture.

3. "A lot of smart, talented people work here"

I have been working at Radius Global Market Research full-time

Pros

The opportunity to work on a lot of fun, interesting studies. The studies are always changing so you’re never bored and get to learn about many different topics. There’s a lot of really smart, skilled people working here and there’s a lot of opportunity to learn from them. There’s freedom here - you’re treated like an adult with a life outside of work. There’s a good work-life balance at this company. Of... course, during busy times, you’re going to work some overtime, but it doesn’t happen that often. Salaries are respectable and appropriate. Raises and bonuses given aren’t stingy at all. Promotions happen quite often from what I’ve seen.

Cons

the company culture could be improved upon for employees.

Radius Global Market Research2018-08-09
  4. "Opportunity to Grow"

Pros

Managers are excited to take you under their wing and help you grow. Great mentors! Excellent opportunities and a great "team" atmosphere. Fantastic home life/work life balance.

Cons

No matching 401K plan

Radius Global Market Research2018-03-08

Radius Global Market Research Response

April 24, 2019HR Director

Thank you so much for the feedback. We're excited to announce that we now have a company match for our 401k plan!

5. "Great place for growth opportunities"

I have been working at Radius Global Market Research full-time

Pros

Radius has a very entrepreneurial feel. If you are driven, you will do well. You are trusted to do your work and are given the ability to be creative. You have the opportunity to work across multiple clients. Everyone at Radius - no matter what level - is approachable and willing to help when you have questions. Everyone here is really smart. It pushed me to work harder and do the best work I can do.

Cons

Office space is limited right now.

Radius Global Market Research2018-02-20
  6. "Research Analyst"

I have been working at Radius Global Market Research full-time

Pros

Great open door policy. Upper management is often available for any questions you may have. Projects are interesting and demanding so there's never a dull moment.

Cons

Hours can get long due to projects

Radius Global Market Research2018-02-20

"A Place to Learn and Grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Radius Global Market Research full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Environment is conducive to supporting top-notch talent and helping others improve their skills and become key players. Flat structure allows all levels of the company to have visibility and input into key decisions and direction of the company. Field team is knowledgeable, easy to to work with, and strives to go the extra mile to satisfy clients. By having a dedicated Field team (something that has been... dwindling in recent years within the industry) Radius can ensure that Sales and Research can focus on their specific areas of expertise.

Cons

Building is not "Wall Street glamorous", although it's in a great neighborhood

Radius Global Market Research2018-01-12
  8. "Field Supervisor"

Current Employee - Field in New York, NY

I have been working at Radius Global Market Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management creates an environment conducive to learning. CEO cares about employees and creating a valuable asset to the research community. work life balance much better than most places.

Cons

no 401k match. pay is average. building kind of dreary. structure is learn and go somewhere else. promotion and advancement slower than industry norms.

Radius Global Market Research2018-01-08

"Work here only if you absolutely have no other choice"

Former Employee - Full Time Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Radius Global Market Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

For VPs - it's a paradise. Absolutely no accountability on management style, do whatever you want with your reports as long as you meet your sales targets, which are not too high or competitive. Several VPs have sold nothing in their first two years, while being paid 150K+ salaries. Other positions don’t have any pros.

Cons

It’s a long list, but I encourage you to read the whole thing to get a true picture of this company, and not just the fluff that HR has been asking people to post. Where do I start... It is sales driven organization. Everything is about the money here. Therefore offices and equipment are filthy and outdated, health or other benefits are non-existent raises probably do not even cover inflation and bonuses are... in the spit-in-the-face amounts of $300. Lack of management created extremely divided team. Socially awkward managing director hides from people by "believing in small group dynamic" and leads the company by ridicule and intimidation. Just couple years ago derogatory and sexual harassment comments were still common in the company and only due to fear of lawsuits external trainer was called in. Though abusive management's behavior and deeply insulted crying employees are still a norm. Obvious managing director's favoritism to a few trusted VPs is revolting. Two of them have been with the company for 7+ years and have teams of 6-10 people, but their sales targets are comparable to newly hired VPs with 0-3 people, which in turn creates extremely uneven workloads. Favorites' teams are always relaxed, never overwhelmed, while others are scrambling with tons of last minute work (if their VP sells), or fiddle their thumbs if their VP is on a lazy side. Someone in the prior reviews referred to this as "inconsistencies in management styles and cultures across teams" nevertheless it all stems from the favoritism at the top... Consider yourself lucky if you got on the team of one of the favorites (if you're fine with otherwise toxic culture), but if you got hired into any other team do yourself a favor and start looking for another job asap. Operations is somewhat a different story. No-one gets fired irrespective of how incompetent they are. Some people are great – they know what they are doing and get your stuff done, others are just so mind-numbingly dumb that it feels like pulling teeth to get something done. Most ops clock out at 5, even if you need to get something to client the next morning, so you end up spending long nights doing stuff by yourself if you are on the “unlucky” team. The last and the worst is so called Field department. Existing people are not too knowledgeable and unresponsive, in many cases it feels like they work against you. They hire vendors based on cost alone, so the data is always of shady quality, but when you identify some obviously bogus cases (like duplicate open ends across separate cases), they claim that there is not enough proof to throw them out, so you end up using crappy data. The new hires on their team are random off-the-street folks who not only have no understanding of MR industry, but also lack even basic office work skills. Field management are completely hands off and give projects to either untrained new hires or interns, so you not only get no help from them, but also have to spend time explaining what and how they are supposed to do. Recurring waves of turnover have had a negative impact on company morale and as soon as turnover seems to stabilize it starts all over again and it will not stop without radical changes to management throughout the company. The things from other reviews are all true too: People disappear and nobody's made aware that they have been fired or they're leaving. Job description does not match reality. Top management does not keep their word and is not honest in their feedback. Management is abusive. These guys have no professional ethics.... In short, the company’s culture (or rather lack of thereof) encourages to stay only the people that have no place in research as no one else would hire them, and those that are too scared to look for other opportunities due to fear of retaliation or due to some sick loyalty. Good people leave as soon as they figure out what hole they have got themselves into. Some even get so disappointed in market research that they switch industries, while there are so many great MR companies out there. So save yourself the trouble of going through this disaster, and find yourself another place to work.

Advice to Management

None - they are too stubborn to listen.

Radius Global Market Research2018-01-12
  10. "Endless Opportunity for Those Who are Motivated"

Current Employee - Group Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Smart, creative colleagues; Flat hierarchy, allowing researchers of all levels to get exposure to challenging projects and all phases of research projects; Variety of types of research

Cons

Waves of turnover have had a negative impact on company morale but turnover seems to be stabilizing now

Radius Global Market Research2017-11-15