Radius Innovation & Development Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

Radius Innovation & Development Engineer Reviews

Updated Apr 19, 2018

3.2
Radius Innovation & Development CEO Joanne Moretti (no image)
Joanne Moretti
  1. "Excellent company"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Radius Innovation & Development full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Has feel of small company inside large corporation. Best of both worlds. Really talented smart people, my team is some of the best Ive worked with before. Great environment and culture, really nice folks here. Diverse project work, and great opportunities. Not just working on one type of product.

Cons

When they started out, the management was not ideal, but since 2017 that has all changed and its really amazing! There are some reviews that are not good from that time, and it was just because the management that started when the office opened really didn't understand the business in the way the new management does. They are now really open, supportive, positive and encouraging. Its been an incredible place ever... since.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting the teams and the company growth, we are still early stages in San Jose (3 years out) and need to have management support. Culture is just as important as bottom line, keep the vibe positive and encouraging like its been this last year.

Radius Innovation & Development2018-04-19

"Seems to be headed on a better trajectory for 2017/2018"

Current Employee - Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Radius Innovation & Development full-time for more than a year

Pros

Each office can be pretty different. Just had a great global meeting where they brought EVERYONE to San Jose. Was great to meet everyone and think it helps with morale and potential collaboration. Studio is very much stand alone, and San Jose has gotten much better in just the last new months. They did remove the CEO/president and some team members under an objective he tried but wasn't working. I know at least... a couple of the negative reviews are those people that were laid off, not due to their fault, but the CEO's plan that didn't pan out. I think San Jose office was rough a year ago, but has gotten much better. I'm happy with the hardworking, friendly people that are here . In of course because it's a product design consulting company, lots of variety.

Cons

It is a consulting business, so it can be hectic at times. You need to be nimble and fast sometimes more so than a start up . The pay is OK but definitely could and should be a little bit better. The commute is far for some, but for me it's great and reverse commute.

Advice to Management

Keep up the idea of empowering your employees. Also the principle of allowing to make mistakes in the effort to improve the employee and the business. Do a salary comparison between other companies in The Valley, or you will lose employees to the googles apples and Amazonians out there.

Radius Innovation & Development2017-10-14

"Mess"

Current Employee - Engineer

Pros

The last project the client was a blessing. Reminded our team that there are great companies out there. Space Flexible hours if top leadership doesn't know about it. Jabil is doing well.

Cons

Travel and hiring freeze. High turnover of senior roles. Many are going to competitors (Farm, Flex, Frog, IDEO, Google, etc.). Finance is a mess; seems to only get worse. Be prepared to do the admin. Hiring and retaining talent is a mess.

Advice to Management

Vision. Less admin work. Get organized. Free pizza.

Radius Innovation & Development2017-07-27

"Turn over an issue"

Former Employee - Senior Mechanical Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Radius Innovation & Development full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Consulting, different industries, as a staff or senior engineer the work can be ok. We never worked on big name accounts, or clients. Mostly projects staffs could not do in house.

Cons

The offices really don't work together. It's all for one, one for all, and management seems to pit the offices against eachother. Many decisions we were asked about just got decided in boston.

Advice to Management

Figure out better way to have offices manage themselves, or work together. Stop turning everything into joss. Style of management. ( dictatorship)

Radius Innovation & Development2016-03-22

"Decent Company"

Current Contractor - Mechanical Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Radius Innovation & Development

Pros

Everyone here is very very knowledgable and smart. However intelligent you are their will be someone here that is even smarter.

Cons

Communication is a bit of an issue, also clarity on expectations is also an issue. There is the normal political office drama and gossip that will serve you well to avoid. And most of the company politics seem a bit ridiculous and petty (typical). They will also dangle the job carrot in front of you when that carrot was never actually ever going to be given to you anyway. They also pay lower contractor rates... than other companies in the area.

Radius Innovation & Development2015-08-21
  6. "full-time and contract work"

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Clinton, MA

I worked at Radius Innovation & Development full-time for more than a year

Pros

Radius was an exciting place to work and grow. The people and company supported my wife and I during life transitions as best as they could. Both my wife (also a mech E) I worked on and off for Radius as contractors and full-time employees and were happy with the experiences.

Cons

Management sometimes powerless at hands of corporate overlords and client whims. I can't believe there's a 20 word minimum.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting the family lives of your employees and encouraging the welcoming culture I experienced. Let someone else win at foosball sometime.

Radius Innovation & Development2015-07-24