Radware Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Radware President and CEO Roy Zisapel
Roy Zisapel

Pros
  • Technology is good, like many Israeli companies, you can expect the tech to be good (in 6 reviews)

• It has a great culture, great people and perfect location (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • No career path, and they don't seem to care about developing one (in 3 reviews)

• Hard to get the the offices in Atidim from the outside of Tel-Aviv (in 4 reviews)

"Inside Sales has fallen apart...BEWARE!"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Radware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good technology
    Publicly traded (although any investor worth a dime shouldn't put their money here)
    You might go to Tel Aviv

Cons

Lost 5 senior reps in a week and that's the beginning. This is all due to the following:
    -No career path, and they don't seem to care about developing one
    -They do not value committed employees
    -salary and commission plan are below industry standards, and no one ever hits target
    -6-9 month deal cycle, and when they close good luck getting paid correctly by finance (oh, they're all in Israel so the 10 hour time difference makes communication impossible)
    -Numerous empty/broken promises, if it's not in writing (hint: it never is) then it will never happen
    -No tools to do the job (desk phones barely work, Internet cuts out often, laptops are outdated, CRM tool is near unusable [hint: it's not the one EVERY company uses], no demo lab environment)
    -don't expect any help from HR or IT
    -No clear direction, senior leadership has ADD
    -new management doesn't understand industry, technology, or how to sell this DIFFICULT to understand product suite
    -it takes 9 months to ramp AND understand how to sell this product suite
    -benefits plan puts the burden on the employee not the company

Advice to Management

Take a "how to be a leader 101" course. Then try actually caring about your valuable employees. Maybe the revolving door of tenured reps leaving will stop.

There is no teamwork. Create a culture around team building and ownership of a target together across different job roles - not just individual contribution.

Your competitors offer WAY more money. Quit being so cheap and start acting like a real Silicon Valley tech company - or move your operations elsewhere.

Fire your most senior leader in the US and build a business plan with some consistent long term direction. Changing course every 6 months when deals take longer than that to close is absurd.

Either that, or just do everyone a favor and sell the company to your largest technology partner.

"Leaderless"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Radware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent technology
    Booming industry
    There are some good people working at this company

Cons

No career advancement opportunities
    Outdated, old-school leadership with no consistent strategic direction
    If Radware has the best technology, then why are its competitors DOMINATING the market?
    Regularly shorts commission checks, reimbursement can take months to be issued

Advice to Management

The most senior sales "leadership" must go. Employees have been saying this since well before I started. Hire some young, hungry, and aggressive employees. Once that's done then pick a plan and stick to it..

Spend some money on marketing and build a reputable brand. Telling customers "we're the best kept secret on the market" is a joke.

Better do it quick. The competitors are looking to pick up whatever crumbs are leftover, and Radware's "patented technology" won't save them forever.

"Good product, very poor leadership"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Radware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent Products. By far the market leader in nearly every product line they represent.

Cons

Regularly refuses to pay Sales employees in an illegal fashion. Finds ever creative ways to not pay people what they are owed.

"The biggest mistake of my life"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in East Orange, NJ
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in East Orange, NJ

I have been working at Radware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some good people still here, don't know why.

Cons

Mad house, people comes and leaves. Big fish ball where everyone cares just for themselves.

Advice to Management

Leave the company

"Salary and benefits are pretty good. Technology tends to be (me too)"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Radware full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ok company. Typical issues like every other company. The more competent you are the faster you will get disgusted and decide to leave.

Cons

All strategy comes from Tel Aviv Israel. Executive management expects everyone to follow their strategy without question. When the strategy is proven to have been a bad one, the executive team then goes and scapegoats innocent employees for poor execution without realizing that even if you execute a poor strategy flawlessly you will get poor results. F5, Citrix-NetScaler, and A10 is killing Raggedyware in the ADC market. Customers are bringing up and talking more about Nginx and SteelApp (previously part of Riverbed but recently acquired by Brocade) more than I hear them talking about the Radware ADC.

Advice to Management

The executive team (especially at the C-level) is in desperate need of a diversity initiative. With no diversity, all you get is the group think that you currently have. The c-suite should be a diverse team of the best that the world has to offer. Not the best that Israel has to offer.

"In need of a leader"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Radware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazingly enough, there are good talented people in this company (other than upper management) who work very hard and care about each other. But eventually the good talent leaves as the company and CEO care less about employment retention. Good technology and R&D team in HQ. Ok Salary, poor benefits.

Cons

Lack of leadership and mentoring - just a micro manager leading the company. Day to day strategy, no long term commitment to partners. Deal by deal sales base organization. Lack of employment retention culture. Management love to create internal competition amount - no loyalty amount peers.

Advice to Management

Time to leave the company to a real CEO.

"Lost without direction, strategy and plan to retain good employees."

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Radware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive products - name recognition in the industry. Good amount of great talent and hard working people int he company. You can draft your own business and execute it.

Cons

Lack of a consistent strategy and vision and lost of talent due to poor leadership. Very little concern about employee retention. Marketing is lost due to poor management direction. Everything is micromanage by the CEO.

Advice to Management

Is time to admit it, save talent and leave the company to new and fresh management.

8. "Smoke and Mirrors"

I worked at Radware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed the time with some of my co-workers but since most of the other common pro's have already been covered in previous reviews, ill keep this section short because lets be honest, people read these reviews to know what's really going on under the hood and Radware covers a lot of them prior to hiring.

Cons

In short, I'm disappointed I wasted my time working here. I should have dug in more during the hiring process and spoke to current employees to really understand what was happening behind the curtains. It all varies on the role but when I was interviewing here, everything discussed during the process never actually happened from a support, logistics and process standpoint. Radware has been in business for a very long time and it amazed me to find out how archaic this place operates. Product still shipping from Israel, no inventory in the US (2+ week lead time), no real customer service, no real HR in the US and no clear strategy from a sales perspective. Speaking with my peers in other parts of the world, this was not centric to the US either, Radware changes their strategy like the wind. Whatever is selling the most in the moment is what the "leadership" tells the team to focus on. This company lives month-to-month and has no long term sales strategy. I was hired to build a new business unit from the ground up and due to the leadership's inability to think long term, changes were being made every 30 days causing great confusion amongst the sales staff and ultimately hindering us from succeeding. At the end of the day though, the finger was pointed at us because it wasn't growing fast enough. Speaking of "leadership", there is none. Or let me rephrase, there's no leaders here. The sales leadership is so hands off and non-engaging, no one knows who is really running the show. The sales teams do as they please and because of the non-confrontational nature of sales leadership, people aren't required to support these new business strategies ultimately causing them to fail. I've never seen more people allowed to stayed employed while bringing in zero revenue than at Radware. It was a joke with salespeople there that you could survive at least 6 months closing nothing but still getting paid guaranteed commissions. Again, this all comes down to the hands off approach from sales leadership. It didn't take long to realize why this was happening, the c-level team is located in Israel and NEVER comes to the US offices. During my entire time there, over 1.5yrs, we never had anyone from the c-level in the office and the sales leadership would drop by for an hour or two, once a month if not once every other month. I could go on and on about the issues at this company, no career growth, lack of leadership, no real comp plans but all I can say further is really dig in if you are considering a position here. Ask to speak with as many employees as possible, really find out how they plan to support you and what their long term plan for growth is. You will be surprised when those questions cant be answered...

Advice to Management

Get rid of the dead weight. If you've had multiple quarters in the red, maybe its time for a change. Don't allow all communication between the US and Israel to be controlled by one person. Actually spend time in your offices in the US. You might be surprised to find out the story you are being told isn't what's actually happening. If you don't see the most recent mass departure as a sign/problem over the past couple months, they you are continuing to be hands-off and proving my review correct. You've got a lot of potential but you continue to invest in the wrong people, there's a lot better leaders out there that could actually make a difference. Don't continue to allow someone with no strategy or plan to hold you back!

9. "Sustainable Strategy?"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at Radware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Technology is good, like many Israeli companies, you can expect the tech to be good. Radware is no exception with over 500 people in R&D. Although the tech is pretty good, the problem is the ability to grow this business.

Cons

It doesnt matter how large your network is, no one knows who Radware is. It surprised me for a company in business as long as they have been, their brand recognition is that of a 6mo startup. I immediately started seeing challenges when no one know who we were or what we did and these were meetings with clients ive known for many years. The other big problem in the US is the serious lack of leadership, conflicting sales ideologies and no strategic plan for growth. We've got a lot of dead weight in this organization and that includes the management team. We could be much leaner in the field, only half of the entire team are closing deals. The other 50% are riding out guarantees while they look for new opportunities.

Advice to Management

Hire competent leaders and develop a strategy you can all agree upon. The constant 30-day changes are distracting and extremely confusing. Get rid of the dead weight and anyone who has nothing in the pipeline, ill let you in on a secret, we all see what our peers are doing in qbr's and its insulting when some of us are working hard while our peers do nothing.

"I've made a huge mistake"

Pros

You can always quit, they can not keep you prisoner.

Cons

Terrible, I mean terrible management. Micromanagement at all level.