Radware Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Radware President and CEO Roy Zisapel
Roy Zisapel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people, Nice offices, Great technology (in 10 reviews)

• Radware is focusing cutting edge technology and it is an exciting place to be (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of leadership and mentoring - just a micro manager leading the company (in 3 reviews)

• It surprised me for a company in business as long as they have been, their brand recognition is that of a 6mo startup (in 4 reviews)

"Salary and benefits are pretty good. Technology tends to be (me too)"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Radware full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ok company. Typical issues like every other company. The more competent you are the faster you will get disgusted and decide to leave.

Cons

All strategy comes from Tel Aviv Israel. Executive management expects everyone to follow their strategy without question. When the strategy is proven to have been a bad one, the executive team then goes and scapegoats innocent employees for poor execution without realizing that even if you execute a poor strategy flawlessly you will get poor results. F5, Citrix-NetScaler, and A10 is killing Raggedyware in the ADC market. Customers are bringing up and talking more about Nginx and SteelApp (previously part of Riverbed but recently acquired by Brocade) more than I hear them talking about the Radware ADC.

Advice to Management

The executive team (especially at the C-level) is in desperate need of a diversity initiative. With no diversity, all you get is the group think that you currently have. The c-suite should be a diverse team of the best that the world has to offer. Not the best that Israel has to offer.

"The biggest mistake of my life"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in East Orange, NJ
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in East Orange, NJ

I have been working at Radware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some good people still here, don't know why.

Cons

Mad house, people comes and leaves. Big fish ball where everyone cares just for themselves.

Advice to Management

Leave the company

"Good product, very poor leadership"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Radware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent Products. By far the market leader in nearly every product line they represent.

Cons

Regularly refuses to pay Sales employees in an illegal fashion. Finds ever creative ways to not pay people what they are owed.

"Inside Sales - Think Twice"

I have been working at Radware full-time

Pros

Co-workers are great but they are quickly dwindling away

Products are good but competitors are catching up and fast! Radware thinks their tech is untouchable and even with zero brand awareness still think they are the best and ignore competitors but they are catching up and starting to fly by us with their tech.

Thats bout it, this place is riddled with problems and you really need to think twice before accepting an offer here!

Cons

Over the past year this place was awesome but due to ANOTHER short term sales strategy all the great people who actually knew what they were doing are gone!

I had never worked for a company that laid people off without notice until I joined Radware and it has been clear they had no plan for what would happen after.

When the former director left, so did all the excitement and opportunity to actually grow a career at this company.

Under previous management there were actual positions being created for the inside sales org but they have reverted back to the same model from the past 10 years where there's only one level as an ISR.

If you are a career inside sales person this is the company for you because there's no chance for growth under this model.

Money is low for the valley and with the ridiculous comp plans, you dont have a chance of making anything so make sure you get as much as you can on a base salary from the start.

Like I said before this place used to be fun and was finally feeling like a silicon valley tech company but its all gone now and the boring corporate feel is taking over. We used to be treated like adults but now it feels like we are back in elementary school, im waiting for scheduled bathroom breaks next.

Advice to Management

Advice? Wake up! You took something that was great where people were excited to come to work and now we just count the hours of each day until a better offer comes along. I dont feel wrong either based on the number of my peers who have left now.

5. "Sustainable Strategy?"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at Radware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Technology is good, like many Israeli companies, you can expect the tech to be good. Radware is no exception with over 500 people in R&D. Although the tech is pretty good, the problem is the ability to grow this business.

Cons

It doesnt matter how large your network is, no one knows who Radware is. It surprised me for a company in business as long as they have been, their brand recognition is that of a 6mo startup. I immediately started seeing challenges when no one know who we were or what we did and these were meetings with clients ive known for many years. The other big problem in the US is the serious lack of leadership, conflicting sales ideologies and no strategic plan for growth. We've got a lot of dead weight in this organization and that includes the management team. We could be much leaner in the field, only half of the entire team are closing deals. The other 50% are riding out guarantees while they look for new opportunities.

Advice to Management

Hire competent leaders and develop a strategy you can all agree upon. The constant 30-day changes are distracting and extremely confusing. Get rid of the dead weight and anyone who has nothing in the pipeline, ill let you in on a secret, we all see what our peers are doing in qbr's and its insulting when some of us are working hard while our peers do nothing.

6. "Director of Product Management"

Pros

Cutting Edge Technology, Management, Location

Cons

Part of the RAD Group

"The worst company I ever worked with"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Radware full-time

Pros

Some of their products (DP) work very well. The other ones are terrible and doing a POC will kill it.

Cons

Super controlling management. Terribly ineffective management in Canada. In the US and Israel, all decisions are taken by Roy, without consultation. The strategy is the reflection of a 1 man vision. And that man has been known to be wrong...a lot

Advice to Management

Sell the company or leave it.

"Absolutely no strategic thinking"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I have been working at Radware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stable company, good working benefits

Cons

no strategy, almost no planning, very R&D driven.
    Many people with ego that have being failing for so many years and just ain't planing on changing

Advice to Management

make hard decisions and start think on to fix things that are not working?

"Regional Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Radware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Products and technology are second to none in the industry. Solid customer base in the DDoS space. Very smart though under utilized internal resources and product evangelists. Top level management is great, mid level is suffering.

Cons

No sales and engineering/professional services alignment. Constant turnover. Company is very engineering driven, but only pays attention to the largest customers. There is a great deal of inside/outside sales team fragmentation, competition, and animosity which can deteriorate an organization from within. No brand awareness or marketing spend which leads to lack of customer access. No urgency to grow business, company seems to be stuck in a rut. Make sure any comp plan promises you receive are in writing.

Advice to Management

Align Engineering/PS to each sales team organization so customers aren't suffering and leaving or looking at other solutions. Need better pre-sales engineering and post sales assigned to accounts for retention. Quick to sell and on to the next customer. Need more customer outreach, existing customers don't know what company does, let alone net new customers. Need more name awareness and access.

"Weak leadership"

I have been working at Radware full-time

Pros

Some sales reps exceed quota. The majority of the sales reps do not.

Cons

A couple of sales reps make $1M or close to it. The majority of the sales reps don't make quota.

Advice to Management

It's not clear who's in charge in the sales organization.