Radware Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Radware President and CEO Roy Zisapel
Roy Zisapel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • great people that makes come to the office with great smile (in 12 reviews)

• Radware also is great with flexibility and work life balance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of leadership and mentoring - just a micro manager leading the company (in 3 reviews)

• It doesnt matter how large your network is, no one knows who Radware is (in 4 reviews)

1. "Steer clear"

Former Employee - Regional Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Regional Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Radware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was market rate, other than that, no Pro's

Cons

Where do I start?, employed to sell Managed DDoS Miyigation services, Gartner comes out with a magic quadrant report backing Radware's Load Balancing capabilities so all the focus switches to Load Balancing. No in country marketing, no support, nothing industry or vertical specific in the way of collateral. No support, Pre-Sales disgruntled employee that would sabotage meetings, no local I.T. Support, no formulated partner specific pricelist, it was common place to quote a client above SRP, because then you could show greater savings. No organisation, no sales leadership and the onboarding process was shocking... there isn't one.

Advice to Management

Re-brand and start again. Whatever Radware have done in EMEA, it's not worth talking about and customers have long memories.

"Smoke and Mirrors"

I worked at Radware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed the time with some of my co-workers but since most of the other common pro's have already been covered in previous reviews, ill keep this section short because lets be honest, people read these reviews to know what's really going on under the hood and Radware covers a lot of them prior to hiring.

Cons

In short, I'm disappointed I wasted my time working here. I should have dug in more during the hiring process and spoke to current employees to really understand what was happening behind the curtains. It all varies on the role but when I was interviewing here, everything discussed during the process never actually happened from a support, logistics and process standpoint. Radware has been in business for a very long time and it amazed me to find out how archaic this place operates. Product still shipping from Israel, no inventory in the US (2+ week lead time), no real customer service, no real HR in the US and no clear strategy from a sales perspective. Speaking with my peers in other parts of the world, this was not centric to the US either, Radware changes their strategy like the wind. Whatever is selling the most in the moment is what the "leadership" tells the team to focus on. This company lives month-to-month and has no long term sales strategy. I was hired to build a new business unit from the ground up and due to the leadership's inability to think long term, changes were being made every 30 days causing great confusion amongst the sales staff and ultimately hindering us from succeeding. At the end of the day though, the finger was pointed at us because it wasn't growing fast enough. Speaking of "leadership", there is none. Or let me rephrase, there's no leaders here. The sales leadership is so hands off and non-engaging, no one knows who is really running the show. The sales teams do as they please and because of the non-confrontational nature of sales leadership, people aren't required to support these new business strategies ultimately causing them to fail. I've never seen more people allowed to stayed employed while bringing in zero revenue than at Radware. It was a joke with salespeople there that you could survive at least 6 months closing nothing but still getting paid guaranteed commissions. Again, this all comes down to the hands off approach from sales leadership. It didn't take long to realize why this was happening, the c-level team is located in Israel and NEVER comes to the US offices. During my entire time there, over 1.5yrs, we never had anyone from the c-level in the office and the sales leadership would drop by for an hour or two, once a month if not once every other month. I could go on and on about the issues at this company, no career growth, lack of leadership, no real comp plans but all I can say further is really dig in if you are considering a position here. Ask to speak with as many employees as possible, really find out how they plan to support you and what their long term plan for growth is. You will be surprised when those questions cant be answered...

Advice to Management

Get rid of the dead weight. If you've had multiple quarters in the red, maybe its time for a change. Don't allow all communication between the US and Israel to be controlled by one person. Actually spend time in your offices in the US. You might be surprised to find out the story you are being told isn't what's actually happening. If you don't see the most recent mass departure as a sign/problem over the past couple months, they you are continuing to be hands-off and proving my review correct. You've got a lot of potential but you continue to invest in the wrong people, there's a lot better leaders out there that could actually make a difference. Don't continue to allow someone with no strategy or plan to hold you back!

"Sustainable Strategy?"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at Radware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Technology is good, like many Israeli companies, you can expect the tech to be good. Radware is no exception with over 500 people in R&D. Although the tech is pretty good, the problem is the ability to grow this business.

Cons

It doesnt matter how large your network is, no one knows who Radware is. It surprised me for a company in business as long as they have been, their brand recognition is that of a 6mo startup. I immediately started seeing challenges when no one know who we were or what we did and these were meetings with clients ive known for many years. The other big problem in the US is the serious lack of leadership, conflicting sales ideologies and no strategic plan for growth. We've got a lot of dead weight in this organization and that includes the management team. We could be much leaner in the field, only half of the entire team are closing deals. The other 50% are riding out guarantees while they look for new opportunities.

Advice to Management

Hire competent leaders and develop a strategy you can all agree upon. The constant 30-day changes are distracting and extremely confusing. Get rid of the dead weight and anyone who has nothing in the pipeline, ill let you in on a secret, we all see what our peers are doing in qbr's and its insulting when some of us are working hard while our peers do nothing.

"Inside Sales has fallen apart...BEWARE!"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Radware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good technology
    Publicly traded (although any investor worth a dime shouldn't put their money here)
    You might go to Tel Aviv

Cons

Lost 5 senior reps in a week and that's the beginning. This is all due to the following:
    -No career path, and they don't seem to care about developing one
    -They do not value committed employees
    -salary and commission plan are below industry standards, and no one ever hits target
    -6-9 month deal cycle, and when they close good luck getting paid correctly by finance (oh, they're all in Israel so the 10 hour time difference makes communication impossible)
    -Numerous empty/broken promises, if it's not in writing (hint: it never is) then it will never happen
    -No tools to do the job (desk phones barely work, Internet cuts out often, laptops are outdated, CRM tool is near unusable [hint: it's not the one EVERY company uses], no demo lab environment)
    -don't expect any help from HR or IT
    -No clear direction, senior leadership has ADD
    -new management doesn't understand industry, technology, or how to sell this DIFFICULT to understand product suite
    -it takes 9 months to ramp AND understand how to sell this product suite
    -benefits plan puts the burden on the employee not the company

Advice to Management

Take a "how to be a leader 101" course. Then try actually caring about your valuable employees. Maybe the revolving door of tenured reps leaving will stop.

There is no teamwork. Create a culture around team building and ownership of a target together across different job roles - not just individual contribution.

Your competitors offer WAY more money. Quit being so cheap and start acting like a real Silicon Valley tech company - or move your operations elsewhere.

Fire your most senior leader in the US and build a business plan with some consistent long term direction. Changing course every 6 months when deals take longer than that to close is absurd.

Either that, or just do everyone a favor and sell the company to your largest technology partner.

"I've made a huge mistake"

Pros

You can always quit, they can not keep you prisoner.

Cons

Terrible, I mean terrible management. Micromanagement at all level.

"Inside Sales - Think Twice"

I have been working at Radware full-time

Pros

Co-workers are great but they are quickly dwindling away

Products are good but competitors are catching up and fast! Radware thinks their tech is untouchable and even with zero brand awareness still think they are the best and ignore competitors but they are catching up and starting to fly by us with their tech.

Thats bout it, this place is riddled with problems and you really need to think twice before accepting an offer here!

Cons

Over the past year this place was awesome but due to ANOTHER short term sales strategy all the great people who actually knew what they were doing are gone!

I had never worked for a company that laid people off without notice until I joined Radware and it has been clear they had no plan for what would happen after.

When the former director left, so did all the excitement and opportunity to actually grow a career at this company.

Under previous management there were actual positions being created for the inside sales org but they have reverted back to the same model from the past 10 years where there's only one level as an ISR.

If you are a career inside sales person this is the company for you because there's no chance for growth under this model.

Money is low for the valley and with the ridiculous comp plans, you dont have a chance of making anything so make sure you get as much as you can on a base salary from the start.

Like I said before this place used to be fun and was finally feeling like a silicon valley tech company but its all gone now and the boring corporate feel is taking over. We used to be treated like adults but now it feels like we are back in elementary school, im waiting for scheduled bathroom breaks next.

Advice to Management

Advice? Wake up! You took something that was great where people were excited to come to work and now we just count the hours of each day until a better offer comes along. I dont feel wrong either based on the number of my peers who have left now.

"Leaderless"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Radware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent technology
    Booming industry
    There are some good people working at this company

Cons

No career advancement opportunities
    Outdated, old-school leadership with no consistent strategic direction
    If Radware has the best technology, then why are its competitors DOMINATING the market?
    Regularly shorts commission checks, reimbursement can take months to be issued

Advice to Management

The most senior sales "leadership" must go. Employees have been saying this since well before I started. Hire some young, hungry, and aggressive employees. Once that's done then pick a plan and stick to it..

Spend some money on marketing and build a reputable brand. Telling customers "we're the best kept secret on the market" is a joke.

Better do it quick. The competitors are looking to pick up whatever crumbs are leftover, and Radware's "patented technology" won't save them forever.

"Beware!"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer

I worked at Radware full-time

Pros

DefencePro is a good product. It's really expensive, but it works well.

Cons

47% turnover in Sales and SE's every year.
    The people who have been there for awhile have been there for a long long time, everyone else gets rinsed out every year.
    Lots of promises about long training before being thrown to customers. Don't believe it.
    Sales Leadership doesn't understand long sales cycles involved in such an expensive product.
    Professional Services is understaffed.
    There are no quoting tools.
    Sales in North America is run by remote control from Tel Aviv by Roy Zisapel the CEO who doesn't understand the North American market.
    North American Sales leadership are clueless. I feel particularly sorry for the folks in Canada! You should sit through some of there conference calls. You will want to kill yourself after the first few minutes.
    Currently going through a crisis as they switch from selling appliances to selling cloud services.
    Huge drop in revenue.

Advice to Management

Get some decent sales leadership in North America. The current crew are incompetent. Tell the CEO to run the business and butt out of day to day sales.

"Absolutely no strategic thinking"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I have been working at Radware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stable company, good working benefits

Cons

no strategy, almost no planning, very R&D driven.
    Many people with ego that have being failing for so many years and just ain't planing on changing

Advice to Management

make hard decisions and start think on to fix things that are not working?

"Good product, very poor leadership"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Radware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent Products. By far the market leader in nearly every product line they represent.

Cons

Regularly refuses to pay Sales employees in an illegal fashion. Finds ever creative ways to not pay people what they are owed.