Radwell International Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 5, 2020

2.3
Radwell International President and CEO Brian Radwell
Brian Radwell
Pros
  • "Great Work Environment, Great People(in 17 reviews)

• "Advancement possible with hard work(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "2 There is little to none diversity among upper management and V-level executives(in 23 reviews)

• "Lack of positive reinforcement for hard work among departments outside of sales(in 8 reviews)

1. "Good People"

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER

I have been working at Radwell International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

Sometimes Unorganized and they play a little favorites

Advice to Management

A lot of Talented People in the pool and some are left behind

Radwell International2019-08-05

"Double Standards among other things"

Former Employee - Technician in Willingboro, NJ

I worked at Radwell International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pizza and the fact there was a long lunch

Cons

I was in trouble for not wearing my ESD straps and saying things that was misinterpreted as inappropriate. However it was ok for one of the vending machine support personnel to walk up and down the ESD safe zones selling pretzels and saying the most foul of things without wearing any ESD straps even though this individual hads been told many times that they needed to wear straps. By the way this individual ordered extra stacks of food for themselves to take home but was worried if you take a plate or an extra plastic fork. Why was it ok for members of HR to ride carts to go twenty feet while laughing loudly and being disruptive. One of them laughed ridiculously loud every twenty seconds. Really. You needed a cart for each task. You couldn't walk twenty feet to your destination or do anything quietly. When I was perceived as disruptive I would have been written up. Where were their writeups. Who was managing them. I got in trouble for using my cell phone. Yet there was an entire surplus department that played games and texted and surfed internet for paintball stuff and was making phone calls at their bench more than half the day including the supervisor. I got in trouble for not making my goals. How could I have gotten anything done when it takes days to get a manual req? The reqs came down visibly shattered or its the wrong req or quantity or worse it comes down days later. Why did it take hours to receive small parts. What were they doing in the warehouse. Who was managing this. The managers only looked at the numbers. That is it. They did not see or want to see the big picture. I got in trouble for taking too much time off or altering my schedule. I was told it was because of the writeups I had and the frequency of times I altered my schedule. But I saw other people in other departments get to take off when they had no PTO left. It is all about who you know. I got nasty looks or comments made about me spending five minutes in the bathroom freshening up and listening to music from one of the leaders of marketing. But it was okay for that individual to spend 20 -30 minutes a day negatively gossiping in the kitchen about other employees. If you walked down another hallway later in the day the same person was doing the same thing while flailing their arms with a different employee. This isn’t high school and you are supposed to be one of the leaders of a department. Sales expected the impossible. They made ridiculous promises to customers. They had no regard for the skillset it took to do the job but they think it takes 10 minutes and then they complain. Customer support. Did they need to email fifteen people when asking a question about an order to try and make someone look bad. This was not the entire department it was really just one person. Saturdays were awful. We needed sleep people. Impossible goals. The one minute late rule was ridiculous. Not allowed to smoke in your car. Vaping is not smoking people. There was not enough PTO.

Advice to Management

What is the point

Radwell International2019-11-13

"Alarming and Disturbing Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Willingboro, NJ

I worked at Radwell International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A place to work that has heat and air conditioning.

Cons

1. The worst place to make a career choice. 2. The Civil Liberty’s Union should investigate Radwell International headquarters in Willingboro NJ. 3. Human Resources is unqualified and a deterrent to employees when they should be a liaison between them. HR management is underhanded and sneaky. 4. Middle to lower management are promoted solely through attrition and lack of qualified candidates. 5. Procedures are made up at a whim which causes internal managers to argue with one another, as well as confused and deflated employees. 6. Managers do not know how to do the job of the employees that they manage. 7. Not one department is in lockstep with the other. 8. There is blatant racism, as well as gender inequality. (I.E. take a look at the executive staff. Not one female or African American on the board). I could go on...

Advice to Management

Take a good look at your middle to lower management. Strengthen your existing managers by conducting training sessions to enhance their leadership and professional skills. Groom or broom. Use feedback to turn problems into productivity.

Radwell International2019-11-07

"Not for Career"

Former Employee - Electronics Repair Technician in Willingboro, NJ

I worked at Radwell International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Mostly good people. Good working conditions. Advancement possible with hard work.

Cons

Low pay for highly qualified people. After leaving and looking back I realized what a “ Sweat Shop” must be like. Constant pressure to increase the volume of your repairs. I understood the business model and found a way out.

Advice to Management

Don’t insult the intelligence of employees by using the word FAMILY. This is not a family. Do more to acknowledge the contribution of expert employees . Ease off the gas pedal sometimes. Make sure your team leaders are PEOPLE FRIENDLY.

Radwell International2019-08-19

"Overworked and under paid."

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Radwell International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Easy commute, nice campus

Cons

Extremely over worked with nothing to show for. The compensation is minuscule compared to how much money I make the company. I only get paid $30k yr but I bring in over $2 million in sales. For the work I do my hourly rate should be $25. Managers don’t care about the department but get paid more.

Advice to Management

Actually do work and not delegate tasks to workers and take the credit when the department does well.

Radwell International2019-08-06

"They want robots"

Former Employee - Repair Technician

I worked at Radwell International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Stable environment plenty of resources to do your job correctly

Cons

No breaks, no talking, 8hrs of work

Advice to Management

More breaks other than lunch and 5 mins at 3 o'clock

Radwell International2019-05-19

"Radwell"

I have been working at Radwell International part-time

Pros

Not many, not chance for upward mobility.

Cons

Low pay, everyone cares about only themselves.

Radwell International2019-03-27

"One of the worst places I have worked."

Current Employee - Electronics Technician in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Radwell International full-time for more than a year

Pros

we get pay weekly, thats all.

Cons

They push you around to produce more. If your numbers are low after a few months of hiring, they will put you on probation. Tons of people have left the company here in Texas. Is a very stressful job with little pay. You have been warned.

Advice to Management

Why bother, this place is run by a very unprofesional team.

Radwell International2019-03-24
  9. "Stepping Stone"

Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER

I worked at Radwell International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is a decent place to start in outside sales to gain sales experience.

Cons

Salary potential is not what it should be if your in a sales position. Commission structure was not that great for outside sales.

Advice to Management

Restructure commissions

Radwell International2019-02-17

"Before I go."

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Willingboro, NJ

I have been working at Radwell International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

1 The benefits are good. 2 No problem with family members working together. 3 The industry is unique and exciting. 4 There are opportunities to learn new skills. 5 The workspaces are nice, bright, and creative. 6 Hourly employees can get overtime. 7 Free lunches, food trucks, and special holiday parties.

Cons

1 They will ask you to sign a noncompete effective for one year. This most likely won't hold up in court, since it prevents a person from seeking employment. 2 There is little to none diversity among upper management and V-level executives. 3 If you are harrassed in any way, even if you complain, it will be ignored. 4 Upper management takes away vacation days and holidays at whim. 5 Be prepared to risk your safety and drive through snow storms. Or risk losing a vacation day or a day's worth of pay. 6 You may be asked to do work in other departments that is outside your job description. 7 They want everyone to feel like family which makes the work environment less professional and feel condescending.

Advice to Management

Add some diversity to your inner circle. Get some fresh faces with new ideas and perspectives. Your employees want your company to succeed, you just need to listen. Also stop being cheap with salaries. Your professional staff is underpaid and that is why there is turn over. #okbyeee

Radwell International2019-02-05