Radwell International Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Radwell International President and CEO Brian Radwell
Brian Radwell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I want to start off by saying that many great people unfortunately had to be let go (in 11 reviews)

• There are plenty of opportunities for those who work hard and want to succeed (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is a joke and treats their employees like dirt (in 19 reviews)

• The mandatory Saturdays, to me, were just inexcusable (in 8 reviews)

"Thank You"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Willingboro, NJ

I have been working at Radwell International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I want to start off by saying that many great people unfortunately had to be let go. I think that better preparation could have been done to be ready for the amazing new software and highly automated facility. I do not believe all of this falls on the shoulders of the VPs. It was a team effort and we missed the mark. Some really loyal talent was cost and I as a hard working Radwell team member feel partially responsible. It makes me want to work that much harder to be able to once again be able to take them back on. But that being said I am so grateful that Brian Radwell was smart and strong enough to get rid of some of the weakest links in the company that were stealing money from the rest of us carrying them. Reading the comments about his poor decisions and his greed are infuriating because they are probably coming from people who have been frequently known to hide in the bathrooms watching movies/playing on their phones, hide in their cars smoking pot, or play games on their phones at their desks in front of their coworkers. I am not a manager but one day I hope to be and working amongst these people was exasperating because it truly felt like they were stealing from the company and stealing from me. Good riddance! Thank you Brian for positioning us to better succeed and earn more as a company.

Cons

Stop holding onto the weak links too long because you’re afraid of letting people down. They will have to live with their mistakes. Also, the software company should have provided us with better training prior to go live so we wouldn’t have had to struggle for so long.

Advice to Management

Take each complaint with a grain of salt. I have come to learn that a lot of the complaints about greed have come from the most greedy people I have ever come across. I want to work for a CEO that has earned their right to lead and that is Brian Radwell at Radwell International.

"So much potential, locked down by high school ego."

Former Employee - Technician in Willingboro, NJ
    Former Employee - Technician in Willingboro, NJ

I worked at Radwell International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Weekly pay beneficial for younger employees.
    The constant change within the company allows for a level of job security.

Cons

This is the first job I've had where I've had to call out sick because the job has made me sick. This is also the first job where I have persuaded friends to NOT apply, due to the toxic atmosphere.

After I leave this review, there is a firm guarantee that some bright spark from upper management or family member will leave a stellar remark, putting down personnel that were fired, as though it is justifiable to fire someone after sending numerous emails to the company, informing the staff of how well we are doing when everyone can see otherwise. Sadly, this is something to expect from this company, who aren't smart enough to see how much of their questionable activity finds its way across social media and news articles.

The two reviews, left on June 13th and June 15th 2017, pretty much sum up the attitude of individuals in upper management. Notice that these reviews and similar reviews all follow very negative reviews. Negative reviews that all seem to say the same thing.
    Details of personnel termination should be between the employee and HR/Upper Management, which leaves only one of two conclusions. The reviews were written by someone in Upper Management/HR, which is unprofessional. Or the reviews were written by regular employees, who have come across the information from someone in a privileged position. Again, unprofessional. Knowing the reason for one or two people being fired is understandable but to be able to relay the details of so many is somewhat questionable to me.

Departmental moves on a daily basis, from knee-jerk reactions to issues that can be rectified if the situation isn't micro-managed.
    I think this stems from the fact that the CEO and his relative share different outlooks. When the CEO tells you to do one thing and his relative comes and tells you to do something totally different, what do you do? So easy to fire someone caught in a family squabble.

It's not what you know but who you know. You see this in any workplace but at Radwell, it's taken up a notch. The closer you fall to the family tree, the better you fare. When you turn up for work, forget everything you know. It's done the Radwell way or you find yourself on the highway and it's as simple as that.

A massive divide between the workforce and management.
    I noticed, in a recent review, that someone blamed the provider of a software company for not providing adequate training. However, there was no mention of those that weren't able to undergo training because of a lack of time. Their managers weren't aware of their workload and overtime wasn't available for these individuals to come in early/finish late. This divide has been caused by employees working in fear of losing their jobs. Just like certain political administrations, the CEO has many yes-persons around him, who seem to convince him that everything is fine when it isn't. Oppose the 'It's OK' status quo and you'll probably be fired.

Advice to Management

Nepotism can be seen two ways. It can be the exclusivity of family or friends or it can be focused on the exclusion of everyone else. There isn't a single case of nepotism or dynasty, in world history, that has lasted. Those that we know of are usually more famous for how they ended.
    If you don't look to the knowledge base of your employees to help further the company, favoring the voices of those that have, so far, just given you what you want to hear, Radwell International cannot last.
    Change can occur at the point where time is spent clearing up issues, mentioned in the negative reviews, as opposed to where time is spent writing fake reviews to sweep the issues under the carpet. The maintaining of a failing status quo is what is holding Radwell International back at the moment. Good luck!

"Not Disapointed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Willingboro, NJ

I have been working at Radwell International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Plenty of room for promotion if you are willing to work hard. Decent Vacation and Benefits. Most of the Radwell employees really come together in time of struggle. That has always impressed me. We are a family. I've read some recent comments about layoffs, but those reviews did not tell the entire story. The layoffs had nothing to do with the CEO's greed. Some of these decisions were tough, but a lot of it had to do with cleaning out the lazy workers who constantly worked to manipulate the system. This was long overdue. Thank you upper management. For the most part, the lay off included: Employees who were constantly calling out, overly negative or spending far too much time in the cafeteria either on their phones or just hanging out at others benches while on the clock for extended periods of time. Also management got rid of men asking for marriage advice from 20 year old girls who were never married and following them to their car at night or constantly harassing them to join their run clubs. There is no place for these type of behaviors in the workplace, and I feel the Radwell team made the right choice in removing these negative individuals. Layoffs are never easy to watch or be a part of, and some of those impacted employees were great people.

Cons

New system has some setbacks that we have to adjust to. This has caused some stress, but in usual Radwell fashion, the dedicated employees work through it, and find solutions.

Advice to Management

We have to get back to what makes us great, making our customers happy, and reward the dedicated employees.

"A/P A/R clerk"

Former Employee - Account Clerk in Willingboro, NJ
    Former Employee - Account Clerk in Willingboro, NJ

I worked at Radwell International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a nice place to work

Cons

I can not think of any

Advice to Management

None

"Disappointed"

Former Employee - Production in Willingboro, NJ
    Former Employee - Production in Willingboro, NJ

I worked at Radwell International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast pace environment on production floor, if you're into keeping busy. Health benefits, PTO, fish tanks and a nice lunch room.

Cons

Regarding the CEO, I have mixed feelings about. He is a great guy, I've known him for years and have seen him do incredible things with his success. He did at one point care for his employees. Just recently he released a new operating system, (which we can all agree takes some time for the company and employees to adjust to). The training was absolutely horrible for the new system. It was real fast "You do this, then go here, and also remember to change this to that" What? The reason the company is falling behind is due to the lack of training, and obvious IT glitches. Once it was released, the company suffered minor set backs. His reaction to this on a Monday morning "We will be letting people go, you will know if you are affected by the end of day." The company shot itself in the foot and continues to. You let 25% of your work force go and then make Saturdays Mandatory. Again, what? Radwell, you cannot afford to let technicians go when you are scheduling mandatory Saturdays. Is that even legal? I'm sure I applied for a 8-5pm job Monday through Friday. Radwell International has ceased to match our 401K for the remainder of the year (now affecting employees future). Radwell, you may want to look into the legalities of this. I can tell you this, many employees and former employees are doing just that, seeking council. You cannot go on treating your employees like this. I guess I don't need to mention much about moral, as it does not exist. This morning you ruined many people's lively hoods, the same people that helped you get to where you are today. CEO, you have a beautiful house, a beautiful family, and a beautiful facility. What more do you need? Why are you so greedy? Please think about the families that you affected today. The pregnant wives at home, new born babies, mortgages, car payments, water, gas. You took that all away from the people who, again, helped get you to where you are today.

Advice to Management

The company will get back on track. There was no need to let people go. Radwell was still making profit, you were just not at the 600K a day goal as you would like to be, but please remember, you did this to yourself.

"Intern"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Willingboro, NJ

Pros

Good environment to work in

Cons

Didn't give me much work to do as an intern, very long days

"Avoid if you value a life outside of work...."

Former Employee - Repair Technician in Willingboro, NJ
    Former Employee - Repair Technician in Willingboro, NJ

I worked at Radwell International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None, zip, nada, literally nothing.

Cons

The hours, mandatory 6 days weeks, unacheiveable targets.

It's also a quite laughable how the other reviews on here are obviously written due to pressure from upper management and the ceo's as they are well aware of the bad rep they have. They are always asking people to leave better reviews on glassdoor for them as people are wising up to this company's unethical practices fast.

Advice to Management

Tear it up, dont even start again, this ship is sinking fast!

"technician"

I have been working at Radwell International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Plenty of parking and a gym in house

Cons

For the most part, big companies will avoid laying off employees by cutting 401k matching contributions. This owner did both. In addition to all charity donations. All of this because he decided prematurely launch a new computer system that completely failed. Because of this epic failure, 40 people lost their jobs, and the employees that remain have their jobs threatened if the money lost is not regained. 3 months have gone by with this "new system" and it is still not working correctly. As a result, only employees involved with production have their jobs at risk if they do not come in early, stay late, and work a mandatory 6 day work week. They also decided to change the rules a bit as far as production goals to be met by production employees. "leveling up" is next to impossible, but if you do happen to do so, you must keep those higher money goals or you are written up and eventually laid off as well. To sum up, production employees must work much more and get paid less. Very nice incentive program.

Advice to Management

Just tell the owner the truth about this "new system" being the source of the problem not your employees who are working their butts off and having their jobs threatened. Your going to end up with the people who do the work quitting before you have the chance to fire them for working too much and not making these unrealistic goals with a flawed computer system.
    If the owner does know the truth, just except the screw up, and fix the real problem

"You deserve so much more then Radwell!!!"

I worked at Radwell International full-time

Pros

Some very nice and caring coworkers.

Cons

This company is terrible! I've worked at Radwell for many years and have only seen things go from bad to worse. The owner is greedy and wants it all, in anyway possible. That means lying and cheating to make things go his way. I have personally witness so many underhanded management decisions in which employees were told to go along with. If you wanted your job to support your family you had to go along with the higher ups deceitful ways. thid place will bring you down, this place will kill your spirit, this place will brainwash you to bleed Radwell Blue. Don't do it, you deserve so much more! The VP's know it won't last much longer. It's all starting to crumble down around them. Liars never win.

Advice to Management

You're all such a shady bunch. Get off your high horse and have fun waiting in the unemployment line together. Stop trying to sell material that you are not authorized to sell. Maybe that's your first mistake. Get a computer system that actually works. Your HR department is not there for the employees no matter what. Radwell is always about throwing you under the bus. You'll always be wrong no matter what the case. Good luck Radwell. I hope you can make it even one more year.

"Do not expect to make it far in this company."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Willingboro, NJ

I have been working at Radwell International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The building and environment is nice and clean and the CEO is a very decent guy that likes to take care of his employees. You will meet some decent people.

Cons

Mandatory Saturdays are back. I came to radwell hoping to climb the ladder and offer my knowledge and skills but only to learn you will never move up unless you're friends or family with the Radwells. The upper management has a big ego and treats you like you're nothing just because they make more than you and will talk to you how they want. Even some of the lower management act like they're big shots and can be worse. They abuse your PTO and control your attendance by using your PTO how they see fit such as forcing you to come in on Saturday or else they deduct those hours you don't show from your PTO. When you mention the abuse to your PTO to HR all they say is "its illegal for us to do it in any other way" which is an outright lie to shake us off.

Advice to Management

Choose managers that actually know how to do the job, Stop picking favorites and learn to be decent human beings. Stop making your own business "laws" before "someone" catches on and reports the company.