Rady Children's Hospital Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Donald Kearns

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits, good sick and paid leave, love the patients (in 9 reviews)

• Working with children and seeing that you make a difference (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The management across the board is completely out of touch with the realities of patient care, patient scheduling, and management (in 5 reviews)

• Nothing bad to say about this company (in 3 reviews)

1. "A place for professionals to serve children and their families"

Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Rady Children's Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Tools, protocols, clients are available

Cons

Growth of the hospital has happened so quickly, it is more difficult to know people

Advice to Management

Get out of your office!

2. "Current Employee"

Current Employee - Non-nursing in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Non-nursing in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Rady Children's Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Rady Children's Hoospital San Diego is a wonderful place to work. They care about the children and their families in the community and also truly care about their employees. I look forward to coming to work and find that a lot of what you get out of this work is based on what you put into it. Attitude is a big part of how happy I am. It's not perfect, but what is? Still, it's a wonderful palce and the pay and benefits are good.

Cons

Some of the cons are that for some positions, there is little opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Management

Thank you for caring about each of us. Kathleen, I miss you every day with your excellent attitude and smiles.

3. "Very friendly team, provides the best patient care."

I have been working at Rady Children's Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great teaching institution provides a wide range of teaching opportunities for inpatient and outpatient care. Super friendly physician, nursing, pharmacy, and professional staff.

Cons

The institution is slow to approve new projects and growth of the department I was in. My department was thinly staffed and it was challenging to provide optimal patient care.

4. "Respiratory Therapist"

Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist
    Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist

I have been working at Rady Children's Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, really enjoy working with my co-workers. Every has a great sense of responsibility and respect for each other.

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say about it, it's been a great experience so far. Only negative thing is our medical benefits premium went up again but not by much.

"Registered Nurse"

Former Employee - RN Staff Nurse in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - RN Staff Nurse in San Diego, CA

I worked at Rady Children's Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is the most caring place in the world. It is a wonderful atmosphere to work in. It's like a big family.

Cons

They do not have enough parking

Advice to Management

Add some more color to the walls and make it look more kid friendly in the older buildings. Need a new free standing emergency department

"Clinical Informaticist"

Current Employee - Clinical Informaticist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Clinical Informaticist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Rady Children's Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Although I am mission motivated, I love where I work because I am respected for what I do and because I am given the independence to perform as a professional. I also appreciate the additional benefits I am offered, especially the part time tele-work option. I have found I have saved time and have better life/work balance. The salary is also very good and is reviewed annually against the market. Management cares about us and is very focused on our engagement.

Cons

We could use more staff in our department as there is so much more potential to what we can offer the organization thru technology. Our leaders do their best to try and add but are held tightly to budget.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you are doing. I appreciate they have our backs and are doing a lot to show how much we are valued. All of executive level leadership should focus more on value of what technology brings rather than the expense.

"I love working here!"

Current Employee - Coder
    Current Employee - Coder

Pros

Wonderful team supporting a wonderful mission.

Cons

I cannot really think of any.

"RN"

Current Employee - Staff RN in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Staff RN in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Rady Children's Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The best mission ever...to take care of the children of San Diego county. The people I work with are here because they want to be. As a nurse I could work anywhere but this is where I chose to be. I do feel that my leadership listens to my concerns and we have good communication.

Cons

Outdated cafeteria and food choices

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to staff input. It is important to be heard. Continue to support improved technology at the bedside

9. "A Place to do Meaningful Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Rady Children's Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The mission of Rady Children's Hospital is near and dear to my heart. "To restore, sustain and enhance the health and developmental potential of children through excellence in care, education, research and advocacy." The organization lives and breathes this mission. The leadership team knows that people are the key to fulfilling this commitment to the community and are highly committed to ensuring that employee are engaged. Competitive salaries, regular market equity reviews, success sharing bonuses, longevity increases, annual reviews, regular gifts, employee feedback surveys, competitive benefits, anniversary gifts and paid leave to name a few!

Cons

There is so much work to be done to serve the children of Southern California and with low, single digit profit margins, Rady Children's Hospital like many healthcare providers is challenged to have sufficient funds to offer all of the much needed programs. We must often make tough choices about which of the many high priority initiatives we able to pursue.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

10. "Rady Children's CARES About Their Employees"

Pros

Great place to work. The organization does its best to inform us of what's happening. I have served in the US Navy and not been able to find the next best job. When I started here in a few years ago, I now know there is nothing like this place. Mr. Ernest Rady gives and gives. Who would donate $120 to a company for anything? The children are the reason.

Cons

UNIONS, and that's pretty much it.

Advice to Management

Standby or call back