Raging Waters Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 11, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Fernando Eiroa

1. "Former Summer Employee"

Former Employee - Food and Beverage in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Food and Beverage in San Jose, CA

Pros

Flexible, Easy Work, Fun Environment, Good benefits.

Cons

No training was given at all
    Very little management

Advice to Management

Have at least one person trained at each station so at least someone knows what they are doing and we don't have to use trial and error to figure it out

2. "Co-workers make the job"

Former Employee - Food and Beverage in San Dimas, CA
    Former Employee - Food and Beverage in San Dimas, CA

I worked at Raging Waters part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great co-workers
    give you a lot of hours
    requested time off is usually always given
    great first job

Cons

always hot
    rude customers
    minimum wage

Advice to Management

upgrade ac units and care about employees more

also fix 'meal deals' and prices to where they are actually fair, We are the ones who get yelled at over the prices by customers

3. "Definitely a physically demanding job. You need to learn or know how to be a team player and not complain 24/7."

Current Employee - Lifeguard in Glendora, CA
    Current Employee - Lifeguard in Glendora, CA

I have been working at Raging Waters full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendships, can ride some rides during your 10 minute break, good-looking biweekly check, time goes by quickly when on stand

Cons

Long hours of standing, 30 minute lunch feels short, minimal staff days mean being on stand for 5+ hours, having to wait in line when buying food for lunch

Advice to Management

Perhaps closing some attractions when there is minimal staff. Being in the same spot for 5 hours can be rough sometimes.

5. "Photo Booth at Raging Waters"

Former Employee - Photographer in San Dimas, CA
    Former Employee - Photographer in San Dimas, CA

I worked at Raging Waters (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly co workers and outdoor experience.

Cons

Extremely hot. As a photographer, it can be exhausting to be in the water all day.

Advice to Management

Be more consistent

6. "Management team dishonest and incompetent !!"

Former Employee - Security Officer in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Sacramento, CA

Pros

Get a good tan and heat stroke !! Met alot of good hard working people that deserved much better treatment and pay !! Would only advise working there if you cannot find a better job !! If you like drama then this place is ideal ! Thank god for the Cal EXPO P.D. being onsite because nobody else will back up security when all hell breaks loose !!

Cons

Incompetent management, Hires security officers that hide out all day in the shade . Management refuses to take credible advice regarding ways to improve security operations. High theft reports due to lack of security staff. Management likes to hide out in the cool air conditioned office pretending to be working on important stuff. Employees are worked into the ground daily without proper rest breaks. Company takes away all incentives and employee discounts every season to line their own pockets. They never tell you when you are doing a good job but will definitely remind you when they feel your not ! And if your not it is because your tired of being treated unfairly. If you want a real fun and family day of fun without getting your stuff stolen go to sun splash !

Advice to Management

Do yourself a huge favor and take some classes on management and team leadership. You are supposed to lead by example. Listen to advise from your employees that know what is going on out there ! Show your support and show a little appreciation for the one's that keep you employed and help line your fat pockets every year !!

7. "Raging Hell"

Former Employee - Admissions Team Member in San Dimas, CA
    Former Employee - Admissions Team Member in San Dimas, CA

I worked at Raging Waters part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great coworkers
    - Very nice supervisors and lower management (however they let their team members get pushed around by the customers far too much)

Cons

- the customers: in my time at Raging Waters, I got spit on and had food thrown at me. The management made everything very unfair for the customers so when they got mad, all of their anger got pushed onto those at the bottom of the pile (me), however since I was at the bottom, I wasn't able to help them which only furthered their anger. Management should listen to it's customers because their pricing and coupon deals are very unfair.

Advice to Management

Listen to your customers! If you have a coupon deal, do NOT put everything in a print that I can barely read because they will get angry and push it onto YOUR employees who don't have the power that you have. Also please please please update your park (scanners at the front entrance, the gate, the WOOD holding UP the water slides,etc.) things are constantly breaking and it makes it very hard for customers to enjoy their experience and for workers to do their jobs

8. "Good company"

Former Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Raging Waters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work is fast paced; salary and benefits are fair. I think I was treated respectfully. Allowed creative input. Sometimes hours were long, but that’s just part of the business. Good company.

Cons

Other than working in the occasional heat wave, there is no real downside I can think of. I was well paid for the hours required for the job.

9. "Admissions"

Former Employee - Admissions in San Dimas, CA
    Former Employee - Admissions in San Dimas, CA

I worked at Raging Waters part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None pros, worst summer job ever. Emma was responsible for three people quoting.

Cons

Admissions staff won't give you hours if they don't like you. Wouldn't recommend.

10. "Not good."

Current Employee - Cashier in North Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in North Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Raging Waters part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can honestly say that there were no pros except free access to park. That is about all I can say.

Cons

First day I was put to work by myself in dipndots cart. They never asked me for availability. Never put me on schedule.

11. "Great for high school students, not much else!"

Former Employee - Parking Attendant in San Dimas, CA
    Former Employee - Parking Attendant in San Dimas, CA

I worked at Raging Waters part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you show up early to the job fair they hold every year, you will most likely get hired on for the summer. There are numerous jobs to choose from and you have the potential for working many hours. A good opportunity to get resume experience when you are in high school.

Cons

Management is incompetent, as are most employees. Seasonal jobs seems to bring out the people who can't stay employed at a year-round job. The pay is the minimum and the days get very hot.