Rain and Hail Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

1. "Environnent"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Pros

The people can be the best reason to work here. Company has very stable outlook.

Cons

The micro-managing environment not so much

2. "Management was terrible"

Former Employee - Accountant in Johnston, IA
    Former Employee - Accountant in Johnston, IA

I worked at Rain and Hail Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent wages and benefits were excellent. If you have no other life this is the job for you.

Cons

Management has no work life balance. Hours are long during the first three months of the year expected to work 12 hour days including Saturdays

Advice to Management

Be more family oriented

3. "Great company with great benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Johnston, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Johnston, IA

I have been working at Rain and Hail Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere with a lot of people who believe in what we do. Doing everything possible to ensure our customers have the greatest service and technologies available to them.

Cons

Pay needs to be more competitive. Job titles and descriptions aren't always accurate, which supports the non-competitive pay for the duties assigned.

Advice to Management

Formulate job descriptions that actually fit an employees responsibilities and assign titles which match industry standards. This will make the point of employees being underpaid very clear.

4. "Independent Crop Adjuster"

Current Contractor - Independent Crop Adjuster in Alma, NE
    Current Contractor - Independent Crop Adjuster in Alma, NE

I have been working at Rain and Hail Insurance as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy my boss, the trainers I had and the flexibility is amazing.

Cons

Not always enough work to go around, low reimbursement for mileage.

Advice to Management

Pay more for reimbursement of milage

"Accounting Assistant"

Former Employee - Accounting Assistant in Johnston, IA
    Former Employee - Accounting Assistant in Johnston, IA

I worked at Rain and Hail Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great environment to work in. All the co-workers were great. I don't think I ran into one person I could not get a long with. They made me feel welcome day 1. Good training for the job. Kept busy all day and had opportunities to work in other departments.

Cons

Salary was a little low, but with the environment they balance each other out.

Advice to Management

Honestly do what your doing. It is a great company to work for. I had to relocate otherwise I would still be there.

6. "Data Entry"

Pros

Available, pays decent, nice staff

Cons

long hours, work is boring

7. "A decent job for temp work"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Rain and Hail Insurance as a contractor

Pros

College students can work here with zero experience and make decent money for little effort. It worked for me for that period of my life. I would never choose to work there more than I have. I worked 8 hour days, Mon-Fri, summers and holidays, for two years. Definitely made more money here than my friends made working at abocrombie with crappy hours.

Cons

BORING WORK. It literally will put you to sleep. This job helped me realize I DO NOT want a desk job, even with energetic coworkers and supervisors, it doesn't make up for the data entry boring work. I need do be doing more than this to keep my attention!

8. "QC Auditor/Claims, Raleigh"

Former Employee - Adjuster in Raleigh (Liberia)
    Former Employee - Adjuster in Raleigh (Liberia)

I worked at Rain and Hail Insurance full-time

Pros

You could make up time, and come in early if you had surgery the prior day. You only get 5 days vacation and nothing else the first year. So if it snows, you get to work 11 hours if you are unable to show up.

Cons

I was told in my interview everyone was a family. Which is why I accepted. It turned out to be a dysfunctional family. The office was stiffeling, old and dusty, as were the people. I literally had to clean my own cubical out when I started.Then sat for 5 months with nothing to do. Literally, my supervisor showed no interest in me . Until I showed interest in another department which I worked great in. She had never even trained an employee before. But of course no matter what you do right, you have those spinning their wheel. BA

Advice to Management

Advance to our century. Get new chairs for employees. Everything in that office is from when it started. Have you heard the word ergonomic? Or are you an exception from the real world.