RainFocus Reviews

Updated Jun 8, 2020

4.7
RainFocus CEO JR Sherman (no image)
JR Sherman
  1. COVID-19

"Great environment"

Former Employee - Implementation Analyst

I worked at RainFocus full-time

Pros

Super friendly people and loved working there!

Cons

Not applicable. Wasn’t there long enough to have any due to COVID.

June 9, 2020

Thank you. We are intentional to build a great work environment that allows our employees to create the best experiences for our customers.

2. COVID-19

"Company With Bold Aspirations"

Former Employee - Client Services

I worked at RainFocus full-time for less than a year

Pros

Software platform built on modern architecture. Cool office space and swag for employees. Good compensation and benefits. A vision for what the future of Event Marketing could be. Head of HR is down to earth. Newest MacBook Pros and generous cell phone allowance. Strong corporate culture.

Cons

Chose to layoff (vs furlough) approximately 20% of the workforce due to COVID-19. Overworked and stressed Analysts and Engineers managing too many projects for multiple clients. Lets clients bully them into getting their way (custom coding). Very much a divide between the "old school" Wingate/Active/Lanyon folks and "new blood". Cliquey. Extremely heavy use of Slack. CEO doesn't call the shots--Founder does. Growing too fast. An identity crisis internally with department/org layout and how teams interact. Lack of training or documentation on the platform. Bare bones support group. Claims the platform is self-service, when in reality a team of Analysts still need to be involved with every client event spinup.

May 18, 2020

Thank you. We have initiatives underway, both physical and virtual, that deepen our great customer relationships. We know that client partnership is the way to come through the pandemic even stronger. We appreciate your input.

3. COVID-19

"Mixed bag"

Former Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Lehi, UT

I worked at RainFocus full-time for more than a year

Pros

RainFocus has an agile development shop that runs like no other. It is extremely efficient and productive and lends to a constantly evolving platform that sets the company apart.

Cons

In late 2019, pressure from investment partners started the services department down an irreparable path. Clients are reassigned weekly. Team members are viciously overworked. Mid level management did all they could to solve the problems and keep their teams happy, but upper management lacked experience, insight, and emotional intelligence. I personally spent 6 months working 60+ hours a week trying to build process and knowledge that would allow me to transfer departments and leave a stable environment behind. My work was undone nearly every month. In March, covid shut down the events industry. Poor contract structure left the company extremely vulnerable, but top level management kept saying it was fine and that our investment partners had us covered. In April, they laid off 55 people. 1/3 of the company. In the process they lost an immeasurable amount of experience, entire skill sets, and left key clients in the lurch. Once the economy stabilizes, no more than 20% of the services department will stay at RainFocus by choice. I do not recommend working for them, as the collapse of that department will spell doom for the company as a whole.

April 23, 2020Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. The COVID-19 pandemic has created great strain all across the economy. We had to make adjustments to adapt to the current reality. Our Services team is committed to maintaining strong customer relationships. One of the ways we are doing that is making available an online experience for client events. We believe that the combination of people and product is a strength for RainFocus. Again, thank you for sharing. We will be sure to express appreciation for our awesome CS employees!

4. "Amazing Company!"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at RainFocus full-time for less than a year

Pros

Come in and work hard and you'll be rewarded Product works and benefits every position in the company Leadership listens and values your opinion, and meets with all levels of employees regularly Amazing product and customer portfolio with rapid growth. This is an exciting place to be if you are interested in growing in your career! Come in and work hard and you'll be rewarded - love everything about the culture. Zero micromanagement - Trusting and outcome based

Cons

Like any fast growing organization, the company could have better resources and processes, but have done a great job seeing inefficiencies and fixing them ASAP.

February 27, 2020Recruiter

Thank you for your review of RainFocus! We are so glad to have you as a part of the team. We appreciate that you value our management and leadership style. We truly believe the leadership does a great job of allowing our employees to own their role and trust one another to be good stewards. We are definitely in a growth phase and will continue to look to our employees for feedback in order to continue to make this a great place to work. Thanks again!

"Ok place to work but lots of half truths"

2.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at RainFocus full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Rainfocus has great employees to work with, the relationship between developers and qa has been some of the best I've seen

Cons

People have been hired on being told that we have "unlimited pto" which is a straight up lie. We have about 21 days. The employee handbook states that the amount of hours we have to work a week is 30, give or take, but if you work less than 40 you will get in trouble with management. There is a lot of focus on "culture" here, but the culture is to praise those people who work 12 hour days. No perks like free food, and the one good perk we had (ski passes) were taken away. Money does not feel like it's spent to help keep employees happy. I've personally dealt with a lot of passive aggressiveness from managers, I definitely do not feel that they have the interest of their employees at heart.

February 27, 2020Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We encourage all of our team members to bring concerns like this to a manager asap. RainFocus prides itself on maintaining a high performance culture; it is one of our company values. We are proud of the PTO, flexibility, and work-life options that exist here. We place a high value on the trust we share through open dialogue across all teams. Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts.

"Growing pains but amazing people and opportunities"

Current Employee - Solution Consultant in Lehi, UT

I have been working at RainFocus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Things have changed so much over these past few months and will continue to change over the next few years. Although not everyone is comfortable with changing we all understand the need to change and adopt new methodologies to keep growing our department and business. I am very excited about what is coming up and can't wait to continue growing professionally in my role as an Analyst/Consultant.

Cons

Not enough training as we continue to adopt new methodologies.

December 9, 2019Recruiter

Hi There, Thank you for your review. We are so glad you are excited about our future as a company and understand that growth takes time. We appreciate your note on trainings and feedback on the town halls. This is something we take very seriously and will review with our executive team to see how we can continue to improve. Keep up the great work, we value you at RainFocus!

7. "Amazing Organization!"

Current Employee - Client Services in Lehi, UT

I have been working at RainFocus full-time for less than a year

Pros

Passionate and dedicated people Industry changing product Transparent and open culture Growth organization with lots of opportunity State of the art facilities Awesome benefits

Cons

Growth is exciting but requires evolution, and change can be difficult at times.

November 18, 2019Recruiter

Thank you for such a great review! We love the pros you listed as they point back to our company values. Your point on growth being exciting and that it requires evolving is so true. We appreciate that you recognize this and are willing to grow with us! Keep up the great work!

8. "Company that cares about it's employees and customers"

Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at RainFocus full-time

Pros

Everyone is willing to help, internally and externally. Management is making decisions for the right reasons - to build something every employee can be proud of.

Cons

RainFocus is a start-up, so the processes are still being fine-tuned.

November 10, 2019Recruiter

Hi There, Thank you so much for taking time to review us as an organization. We love that you recognize the willingness of the RainFocus family to pitch in and help out where needed. Our management team strives to keep our goals first and foremost in decision making. Employees like you make our organization so great! We are happy to have you as part of the RainFocus family.

9. "The best place I've ever worked."

Former Employee - QA Engineer in Lehi, UT

I worked at RainFocus full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly people Great culture Good systems Good location

Cons

Growing company Possibly some travel depending on the role

September 24, 2019Recruiter

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time out to review your experience at RainFocus. We appreciate the positive review as this is the best place you have ever worked. The reason we have a great company culture is because we have team members like you! People Create All Value and at RainFocus we strive to keep that mantra in our everyday lives. Keep up the great work!

10. "Best of the Best"

Current Employee - Sales Director

I have been working at RainFocus full-time for less than a year

Pros

RainFocus has a fast-paced work environment and an amazing culture that is the best that I've seen in my years working in the tech industry. Pay and benefits are competitive and the leadership team values all perspectives and input and also emphasizes a work/life balance. Experiencing such amazing growth and the continual addition of blue-chip clientele is always exciting!

Cons

Fast growth can mean longer than usual hours and stretching yourself at times.

September 24, 2019Recruiter

Hi there, Thank you for such a glowing review! We are so glad to hear you love the culture that we have fostered here at RainFocus. We appreciate the feedback on our growth and we can guarantee we are working to hire the right people to help our business grow. We love having you as a member of our RainFocus Family!

Found 47 reviews