RainKing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
John Stanfill

Pros
  • Casual dress code and pleasant co-workers make this an approachable 1st job for many (in 6 reviews)

• Great location, brand new office, (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Within the last two years he has made several changes including bringing in a new director to oversee the research department (in 4 reviews)

• Bonus structure and goals are stretch goals, in particular for research analysts where this has changed recently (in 3 reviews)

1. "Fun environment, great team culture!"

Current Employee - Technology in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Technology in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at RainKing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy coming to work every day, which is a great feeling! The work is fun and the team culture is exceptional.

Fast paced environment with a high sense of ownership over the product. There is a high level of pride over the product and a very collaborative environment where areas of responsibility are not siloed as with your typical technology departments. Team members are encouraged to take chances and experiment with new solutions and technologies.

Monthly meetings help keep everyone engaged and informed on the company's current and long term goals with no frills, which in itself is solid evidence of how successful the in maintaining its status as the industry leader in its space.

Oh, and of course great snacks and beverages, as well as a few catered meals every month.

Cons

The downtown Bethesda area offers a great and vibrant environment, with plenty of options for food and entertainment nearby, however unless you rely on public transportation, commute and parking may take some getting used to. Small price to pay for the opportunity to work on such a great company.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide a culture of openness and engagement.

2. "Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at RainKing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High growth, great new office space, nice location, industry leader, really nice people, get the feeling that we're all on the same team.

Cons

Not everyone can take advantage of public transportation so commuting and parking can be expensive.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your most important asset, the people.

Apr 5, 2017

We are thrilled to know that you are happy. We do make an effort to continuously invest in our employees. We are glad you have taken notice!

3. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at RainKing full-time

Pros

I love going to work every day. Fun, collaborative and friendly place to work. Modern, open, clean work space. Stocked kitchen. Full service coffee machine. Above average PTO accrual in first year; 401(k) match. Typical health insurance but also supplemental benefits such as accident, critical illness and addt'l life ins. One thing I really liked that I have not had at other companies is great on-boarding. They do a good job making sure representatives from the essential teams check in on a daily basis to make sure you are up and running. Great product. Nice location - plenty of lunch options and a nice location to take a walk.

Cons

I come and go with a smile on my face. Not a bad problem to have.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Apr 5, 2017

We are smiling from reading your review! We are so glad you are pleased with RainKing. Happy employees make us happy! Thank you for the positive feedback.

"Anonymous"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I worked at RainKing (More than a year)

Pros

Free snacks and lunches. Nice people.

Cons

Poor work-life balance. Expected to work 10-12 hour days and be by your phone on weekends. Not many paid holidays.

Advice to Management

Allow people to have a life outside of work. They'll be happier and more productive.

"Commercial Sales"

Current Employee - Commercial Sales Representative in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Commercial Sales Representative in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at RainKing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

sometimes there is free food in the kitchen when people don't hoard it all

Cons

churn and burn atmosphere
    no work life balance
    angry employees
    hostile managers
    many people are looking for jobs elsewhere
    outdated technology
    not the correct place for professionals
    often lose deals to competitors in our space
    micromanagement
    cheap company
    no respect in the workplace

"My RainKing experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at RainKing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great location, brand new office,

Cons

Manager was dry and not authentic. The atmosphere is appears collaborative but the management is more concerned about themselves.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your employees and don't be so quick to lose good talent

Mar 7, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments and will direct them to Leadership.

8. "Business Development Representative"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at RainKing full-time

Pros

- excellent team
    - laid back environment
    - lots of room for growth
    - great learning experience
    - fruit Monday's, bagel Friday, snacks, and office lunches

Cons

- the office/ location but we are moving soon so it's fine

Advice to Management

Great job guys!

Jul 22, 2016

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad you are enjoying being a part of the Team!

9. "relaxed culture with friendly co-workers"

Current Employee - Client Success Manager in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Client Success Manager in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at RainKing full-time

Pros

Everyone has been incredibly friendly. When people are in the kitchen grabbing a bagel on Fridays or fruit on Mondays or in line for one of the several catered lunches each month - everyone chats with everyone else. All the teams (sales, client success, research) interact with each other regularly and share information.

Going through the recruitment process was incredible compared to other places I applied. The recruiter Stephanie took the time to actually read my entire resume and asked about a detail way down at the bottom that nobody else even mentioned.

Even though the company is growing rapidly there are still a lot of the small company behaviors where you can approach a C-level exec comfortably and for the most part the execs walk around the office and ask how people are doing and what they are working on because they seem genuinely interested in removing bottlenecks and making our jobs easier.

Last month a pipe burst in the office flooding some sections. They relocated the affected employees and brought pizza in for everyone just because.

Speaking of the office - we're about to move into a new building in downtown Bethesda that will be a huge upgrade and metro accessible. In designing the new office they brought in sample chairs and let everyone try them out and vote - which may not seem like a big deal but it was actually pretty cool to be involved in the process and treated like our opinions matter.

Cons

Some people may not like the more relaxed atmosphere of being a rapidly growing small company.There's nobody riding scooters around the office, but sometimes the Keurig is on the fritz. If stuff like that will ruin your day you should look elsewhere - and maybe try some breathing exercises.

In all honesty you need to be able to go with the flow sometimes and be prepared to have a policy set only to be changed a few weeks later. There are growing pains with scaling a business built around top-notch customer service.

Advice to Management

We're at a point where dead weight employees or rotten apples need to be addressed. We're actively hiring and recruiting enough people that you need to make room for those who want to and can competently do their jobs.

Aug 11, 2016

Thanks for such positive feedback! We are glad you enjoy being a part of our incredible staff. We look forward to our continued growth and having you on the Team!

"micro managing"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Bethesda, MD

I worked at RainKing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They provide fruit on Monday and bagels on Friday.

Cons

Micro managing to excess. Expect constant reviewing and second guessing all your decisions

Advice to Management

Let your people do what they do best, sell

11. "Great leadership and ball is rolling"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I worked at RainKing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Executive leadership - The CEO has a great vision and an open door policy

Proximity to DC - close to the metro system

Young culture - the workplace is vibrant

Bagel Friday's - seriously this is heaven

Cons

Benefits package - this area needs a lot of strengthening

Culture - a great deal of unhappiness in the office

Innovation - hampered by growth goals and pretty traditional in their operating model

Advice to Management

Give your growing base of employees the benefits they deserve. Slight tweaks to vacation policy, WFH, health and dental will go a long way!