55% would recommend to a friend
(84 total reviews)
75% approve of CEO
Found 84 of over 96 reviews
Updated Jun 10, 2021
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Advertising
Got a burning question about RainKing? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with RainKing employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "You work with some cool people for a decent wage and benefits." (in 5 reviews)
- "The culture is a positive one and there are free bagel Fridays." (in 5 reviews)
- "The people at RainKing are great and good friends." (in 4 reviews)
- "Clearly defined training and sales process." (in 3 reviews)
- "earth upper management, free food several times a month." (in 3 reviews)
- "Account management: Clients constantly bothering you with trivial monotonous questions and tasks." (in 7 reviews)
- "bad pay" (in 5 reviews)
- "Manager was dry and not authentic." (in 4 reviews)
- "Comp plan is demotivating and it is hard to make good money here unless you exceed your quota every month, which is impossible." (in 4 reviews)
- 4.0Jun 11, 2015Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsBethesda, MD
RainKing is growing a lot....like A LOT! And it's pretty awesome to be part of a company that's growing at the rate that it is. It feels like every week they're coming out with new things to make the product even better and I guess it's working because they're hiring so many people to keep up with the demand. You get to learn a lot, from direct managers all the way up to the senior executives. And if you feel like you want to learn something from a different department, RainKing will give you that kind of flexibility where you could do that. The work culture is pretty relaxed and casual - everyone gets a long with each other but we all understand that we're here to work, and like most people mentioned before, you will get fed plenty between breakfasts, lunches and happy hours at RainKing, there's even a snack kitchen!
RainKing is still relatively a young company so you're bound to have growing pains. Don't get too attached to things or processes cause in a couple of months it's more than likely going to change.1
- 5.0Sep 9, 2016Commercial Sales RepresentativeCurrent Employee
I joined RainKing at an incredibly exciting time. Within a few months of starting here, the company moved to a brand spanking new office space and completely re-branded with a new website, logo, image, etc. The product is continuously evolving and pushing further ahead of of the competition every day. Additionally, our marketing presence has been supercharged by our new marketing team which is great for bringing in new customers to the sales guys like me. RainKing as a company is growing at an incredible rate and isn't stopping any time soon! Upper level management is great, always smiling and offering to help in any way they can. They are level-headed, realistic, straightforward, and positive. Oh and when you work hard and do the right things to meet and exceed your goals, THEY NOTICE AND REWARD YOU!! Co-workers are awesome as well; definitely a team environment where everyone pulls their own weight while still willing to help others succeed. Bottom line: if you want to work at a fast growing, up-beat technology company, surrounded by fantastic people, in a great location, that sells a product that nearly every IT, marketing, and staffing company WANTS and NEEDS, then RainKing is the place for you.
There are too many delicious restaurants nearby our new downtown Bethesda location. I'm going to need some bigger pants.
- 4.0May 22, 2015Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
- Company consistently grows year over year. - Culture is relaxed and casual - jeans are the norm here. - Flexible work schedule - There is a lot of opportunity to learn new skills and implement new ideas if you're a self-starter. - Experienced management - executives have done this before. - Lots of autonomy, and in general you'll be well-supported to carry out your job regardless of position. - In my experience, hard work is recognized and rewarded. - It's true that you will get fed a lot here. Company lunches, happy hours, snacks and drinks abound.
- Life is mutable here - it's likely that what is true today won't be 3 months from now. The earlier you learn to not get too attached to things and roll with the punches, the easier it will be for you. - We're still a relatively small, young company in the grand scheme of things. While we've certainly come a long way since we started, we still lack some polish. Some see opportunity there, others might be put off.
- 3.0Jan 27, 2012Corporate ResearcherCurrent Employee
The biggest benefit at RainKing is a flex work day. You have to work 40 hours a week, and you may come in as early as 7 AM or in as late as 10 AM. Core hours are from 10 AM to 3 PM. This flex schedule is great for employees so those who live in places like Frederick or Fairfax can commute to work without having to drive through the beltway during the thick of rush hour. Everyone talks to each other on a first name basis too. Another benefit of RainKing is that there are good benefits including the company contributing about $1,000 to employees' HSA's, and the company will match on 401(k) contributions to a certain point. Last main benefit of the company is that it's a casual workplace. The only rules on it are that you can't wear shorts or athletic gear to work. So T-Shirts, jeans, and running shoes are acceptable here, unlike many other workplaces out there.
Management routinely goes after researchers who are not performing at an acceptable standard on certain performance metrics which are client facing. There is almost always a researcher or two who are facing the pink slip for not meeting metrics at any time. Research Department isn't allowed to telework and this is a tech company... The Sales and IT departments however are given this.2
- 5.0Apr 9, 2017TechnologyCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsBethesda, MD
I enjoy coming to work every day, which is a great feeling! The work is fun and the team culture is exceptional. Fast paced environment with a high sense of ownership over the product. There is a high level of pride over the product and a very collaborative environment where areas of responsibility are not siloed as with your typical technology departments. Team members are encouraged to take chances and experiment with new solutions and technologies. Monthly meetings help keep everyone engaged and informed on the company's current and long term goals with no frills, which in itself is solid evidence of how successful the in maintaining its status as the industry leader in its space. Oh, and of course great snacks and beverages, as well as a few catered meals every month.
The downtown Bethesda area offers a great and vibrant environment, with plenty of options for food and entertainment nearby, however unless you rely on public transportation, commute and parking may take some getting used to. Small price to pay for the opportunity to work on such a great company.RainKing Response7y
We are glad your experiences working at RainKing are so positive! We strive to make sure that all of our employees are engaged and having a positive experience at work.
- 2.0Nov 5, 2015Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Casual dress Snacks No stress over time
No clear goals- over the last 3-4 weeks since RainKing was acquired it seems there's a new directive that means you aren't working hard enough. Opportunity is NOT equal- I've been here a while and they brought on a whole new team to sell the "staffing product" which was always a joke. When that inevitably failed that team was given half the amount of accounts as everyone else and now they're seemingly looking to "trim the fat" Be a favorite or else- call minimums are 35 no strike that 50 and if you're in the inner circle that number seems to be lower. Our higher ups can't run a screen share. Seems telling.22RainKing Response8y
We are sorry to hear that your experience with us has not been the greatest, but we promise we are taking the necessary steps to make RainKing a place you want to be at for the rest of your career. We wish you the best in your career and thank you for your honest feedback.
- 2.0Jan 2, 2014Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 year
The company feeds you quite often- one can always look forward to free lunches or bagels on Fridays. Casual work environment is also nice, as is telework when the opportunity arises to use it.
They drastically change their research model every quarter trying to keep up with Discover.org. Managers are simply awful, likely resulting from being leaned on hard by upper management and not knowing how to handle the situation well... there is also a lot of two-faced behavior regarding raises and promotions, of which there is precious little opportunity. Meeting after useless and time-wasting meeting. High turn over rate from employees all over the departments being fired needlessly or leaving for greener pastures. These employees aren't always replaced as the company seeks to save money and squeeze more out of the employees that remain. There is a lot of unprofessionalism in the office and a lot of obsession over Discover.org. I do not know of one employee there that isn't frantically searching for work elsewhere.8
- 5.0Oct 16, 2014ResearchCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsNorth Bethesda, MD
RainKing is great for work-life balance (HUGE flexibility with work hours and remote working arrangements). This is probably one of the best things about the company. However, there is also a great group of people that work there, opportunities for professional and personal growth, and the benefit of a casual office vibe. Like everything else, working at RainKing is what you make of it. Work hard, play to your strengths, and you will most likely find your niche here.
Compensation is on the lower end of the scale and perks are few. It is easy to get complacent here and to have time just fly by, while you get by.1
RainKing Reviews FAQs
RainKing has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 96 reviews left anonymously by employees. 55% of employees would recommend working at RainKing to a friend and 53% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
55% of RainKing employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated RainKing 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.