RainKing Reviews

Updated Jan 26, 2021

3.3
RainKing CEO John Stanfill (no image)
John Stanfill
Pros
  • "RainKing is a great place to work(in 12 reviews)

• "Chill environment, easy work, great place to start a career(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Sales at RainKing is somewhat of a nightmare(in 9 reviews)

• "If you're in the research department, the job is borrringgggggg and tedious(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Senior Software Engineer

Oct 4, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

good work env iron ment

Cons

benefits - medical, dental not existant

2. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Decent for a first time job

Jan 26, 2021 - Research Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good PTO, easy work, allowed me to adjust my schedule to study

Cons

Was bored and felt unchallenged

3. 4.0

Growing company

Oct 26, 2020 - Research Manager in Bethesda, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice office, friendly people, good energy

Cons

Lack of career path for some in Research

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Garbage company that laid everyone off

Apr 20, 2019 - Research Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

None whatsoever of which to speak

Cons

All of them equally 2x

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Growing.....A LOT!

Jun 11, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

RainKing is growing a lot....like A LOT! And it's pretty awesome to be part of a company that's growing at the rate that it is. It feels like every week they're coming out with new things to make the product even better and I guess it's working because they're hiring so many people to keep up with the demand. You get to learn a lot, from direct managers all the way up to the senior executives. And if you feel like you want to learn something from a different department, RainKing will give you that kind of flexibility where you could do that. The work culture is pretty relaxed and casual - everyone gets a long with each other but we all understand that we're here to work, and like most people mentioned before, you will get fed plenty between breakfasts, lunches and happy hours at RainKing, there's even a snack kitchen!

Cons

RainKing is still relatively a young company so you're bound to have growing pains. Don't get too attached to things or processes cause in a couple of months it's more than likely going to change.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 5.0

The sky is the limit!

Sep 9, 2016 - Commercial Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

I joined RainKing at an incredibly exciting time. Within a few months of starting here, the company moved to a brand spanking new office space and completely re-branded with a new website, logo, image, etc. The product is continuously evolving and pushing further ahead of of the competition every day. Additionally, our marketing presence has been supercharged by our new marketing team which is great for bringing in new customers to the sales guys like me. RainKing as a company is growing at an incredible rate and isn't stopping any time soon! Upper level management is great, always smiling and offering to help in any way they can. They are level-headed, realistic, straightforward, and positive. Oh and when you work hard and do the right things to meet and exceed your goals, THEY NOTICE AND REWARD YOU!! Co-workers are awesome as well; definitely a team environment where everyone pulls their own weight while still willing to help others succeed. Bottom line: if you want to work at a fast growing, up-beat technology company, surrounded by fantastic people, in a great location, that sells a product that nearly every IT, marketing, and staffing company WANTS and NEEDS, then RainKing is the place for you.

Cons

There are too many delicious restaurants nearby our new downtown Bethesda location. I'm going to need some bigger pants.

7. 4.0

Change Change Change

May 22, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Company consistently grows year over year. - Culture is relaxed and casual - jeans are the norm here. - Flexible work schedule - There is a lot of opportunity to learn new skills and implement new ideas if you're a self-starter. - Experienced management - executives have done this before. - Lots of autonomy, and in general you'll be well-supported to carry out your job regardless of position. - In my experience, hard work is recognized and rewarded. - It's true that you will get fed a lot here. Company lunches, happy hours, snacks and drinks abound.

Cons

- Life is mutable here - it's likely that what is true today won't be 3 months from now. The earlier you learn to not get too attached to things and roll with the punches, the easier it will be for you. - We're still a relatively small, young company in the grand scheme of things. While we've certainly come a long way since we started, we still lack some polish. Some see opportunity there, others might be put off.

8. 3.0

Data analyst intern

Oct 3, 2018 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture was very relaxed and easy to work in. Enjoyable experience.

Cons

At times the work was tedious and there was not much direction in class.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Fun environment, great team culture!

Apr 9, 2017 - Technology in Bethesda, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoy coming to work every day, which is a great feeling! The work is fun and the team culture is exceptional. Fast paced environment with a high sense of ownership over the product. There is a high level of pride over the product and a very collaborative environment where areas of responsibility are not siloed as with your typical technology departments. Team members are encouraged to take chances and experiment with new solutions and technologies. Monthly meetings help keep everyone engaged and informed on the company's current and long term goals with no frills, which in itself is solid evidence of how successful the in maintaining its status as the industry leader in its space. Oh, and of course great snacks and beverages, as well as a few catered meals every month.

Cons

The downtown Bethesda area offers a great and vibrant environment, with plenty of options for food and entertainment nearby, however unless you rely on public transportation, commute and parking may take some getting used to. Small price to pay for the opportunity to work on such a great company.

RainKing Response

We are glad your experiences working at RainKing are so positive! We strive to make sure that all of our employees are engaged and having a positive experience at work.

10. 2.0
      Current Employee

Either growing pains or a sinking ship- avoid this place

Nov 5, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Casual dress Snacks No stress over time

Cons

No clear goals- over the last 3-4 weeks since RainKing was acquired it seems there's a new directive that means you aren't working hard enough. Opportunity is NOT equal- I've been here a while and they brought on a whole new team to sell the "staffing product" which was always a joke. When that inevitably failed that team was given half the amount of accounts as everyone else and now they're seemingly looking to "trim the fat" Be a favorite or else- call minimums are 35 no strike that 50 and if you're in the inner circle that number seems to be lower. Our higher ups can't run a screen share. Seems telling.

22 people found this review helpful

RainKing Response

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us has not been the greatest, but we promise we are taking the necessary steps to make RainKing a place you want to be at for the rest of your career. We wish you the best in your career and thank you for your honest feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 83 Reviews