Rainbow Rehabilitation Centers Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Wonderful"

Former Employee - Rehabilitation Assistant in Ypsilanti, MI
    Former Employee - Rehabilitation Assistant in Ypsilanti, MI

I worked at Rainbow Rehabilitation Centers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Meeting people, helping others. You learn a lot about physical therapy and brain injuries . I love the clients at Rainbow, once you get to know them and me they learn to trust you the better your work experience will be.

Cons

Favoritism, not much room for advancement . I like the fact that upper management has been with the company for years and has plenty of experience on how to keep employees happy and loving their job

"A mixed bag! Not a forward thinking company!"

Current Employee - Rehab Assistant in Livonia, MI
    Current Employee - Rehab Assistant in Livonia, MI

I have been working at Rainbow Rehabilitation Centers full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working there is a great learning experience. The pay is ok and overtime is available.

Cons

You must do all the advocacy for the clients in program because no one cares about quality of care. The company can't keep staff or clients. Clients are treated like dollars signs!

Advice to Management

New upper management is detached for the idea of client care and are only focusing on dollars. Staff are not rewarded for experience and are force to constantly train their turning over staff. Clients need to be treated like people and their progress should be the goal. Clients have no life in program thus they don't stay if they have a say so. Work on having a small company appeal and do more individualized treatment. Teach the clients independence not co- dependence.

Rainbow Rehabilitation Centers Response

Aug 11, 2017 – Marketing Manager

Rainbow has been helping people for over 30 years. And since that first day, we have been committed to quality of care, ongoing employee training, celebrating employee longevity and success, and most... More

"Standard Corporate Nightmare"

I have been working at Rainbow Rehabilitation Centers full-time

Pros

Flexible Schedule, A good job to work through school with. Or if you have a taste for caring for those less fortunate, and unable to care for themselves.

Cons

The pay is not commensurate with the responsibilities. There is little to no encouragement.

4. "Rehab Assistant"

Former Employee - Rehab Aide in Ypsilanti, MI
    Former Employee - Rehab Aide in Ypsilanti, MI

I worked at Rainbow Rehabilitation Centers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Picking up shifts allowed for overtime. Flexibility: working different shifts (day, afternoons and midnights) to accommodate school schedule.

Cons

There are the work place politics that are everywhere, some workers won't give you the time of day when your are new and pass everything off on you and other employees can be quick to throw you under the bus.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees, not just the ones that pick ups shifts for you.

5. "Manager"

I worked at Rainbow Rehabilitation Centers full-time

Pros

Love the clients and co workers

Cons

Everyone is not always on the same page

6. "Great job, horrible staff"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flint, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flint, MI

I have been working at Rainbow Rehabilitation Centers full-time

Pros

This is a fun and rewarding job.

Cons

Management is unprofessional. Staff is sometimes mean to clients and not willing to work as a team. Staff made to work days they are not available.

"Wonderful place to work!"

Current Employee - Rehabilitation Assistant in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Rehabilitation Assistant in Farmington Hills, MI

Pros

A lot of the reviews on here are quite misleading. There's a lot of negative things I read that made me super nervous to start this job. However I've been here for about two months and I've never been happier. It's an awesome job and is a TON of fun. Free meals, generous benefits, and the company pays for you and your clients to go on frequent outings (movies, zoo, pottery painting, restaurants, water parks). I'm in what's called the "labor pool" so I work at all the locations, not just one. However, the functioning level of the clients varies on the house and that determines the difficulty of your job. At some houses, the clients are high functioning and can do everything for themselves and you're just there to pass their medications. But some of them are wheelchair bound and require assistance with changing of briefs, showering, transferring, etc. Overall it's an awesome place to work and I can see myself applying for available promotions, working my way up and maybe even making this company a long term career of mine.

Cons

The only downside I can think of is the staff. A lot of them are lazy and not the nicest at all. You'll still meet a lot of great people along the way but just get in, do your job and go.

Advice to Management

Make it a more welcoming environment for new staff. This field can be very intimidating for those who don't have caregiver experience. Don't turn a blind eye to the cattiness of some of the staff. Some of it can make a really unpleasant working experience for some.

"Residential Program Manager"

Current Employee - Residential Program Manager in Ypsilanti, MI
    Current Employee - Residential Program Manager in Ypsilanti, MI

I have been working at Rainbow Rehabilitation Centers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of good changes happening right now. Administration more open than ever to new ideas and processes to be more efficient. Company as a whole cares about their clients and does a good job taking care of the people they serve.

Flexible schedule which is a huge benefit.

Some very good, very long term direct care staff that take great care of the clients. The hiring process is more stringent than some other similar agencies which means we don't always have the quantity of staff we want but the staff we have are of good quality. Most direct care staff pitch in and work extra to help when there's a staffing shortage to make sure the clients receive the supervision and help they need and that's something to be proud of.

Cons

It can be stressful and there was previously little meaningful training - this is a major change that is currently being rectified. There will be an entire Manager in Training program that was developed by current managers that will be a comprehensive tool to prepare new managers.

Being on-call is probably the worst part but most places you would work as a manager you would have to be on-call so it's comparable.

The clients all get good care but it is evident that the clients with the most vocal (and demanding) advocates/guardians get that extra attention and are given a bit more.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the people who do the job every day to work toward meaningful changes.

Directors should have more experience and training on the management piece (instead of just focusing on the clinical part of the job) to better support managers.

"Rehab assistant"

Former Employee - Rehabilitation Assistant in Redford, MI
    Former Employee - Rehabilitation Assistant in Redford, MI

I worked at Rainbow Rehabilitation Centers (More than 3 years)

Pros

This job offers Unlimited and the pay was ok

Cons

You dont get paid what you should for the work you do

"Different Managment, Same Problems"

Current Employee - Therapist in Ypsilanti, MI
    Current Employee - Therapist in Ypsilanti, MI

Pros

The salary and benefits are good.

Cons

Lack of trust with other employees and especially management.

Advice to Management

Stop forcing us to work with people who have a reputation of lying to benefit themselves. Certainly don't send them to work with a group of people who just started to feel comfortable expressing concerns. It seems everyone but the ones at the top know this person is trouble. That is NOT a sign that things are changing for the best. It's the same old thing....spend a lot of time talking about how things are going to change but then nothing changes at all.