Rainforest QA "always be caring" Reviews | Glassdoor

Rainforest QA Employee Reviews about "always be caring"

Updated 21 Sep 2018

3.5
Rainforest QA CEO Fred Stevens-Smith (no image)
Fred Stevens-Smith
Pros
  • "Strong core values that are memorable (No BS, Weirdly Passionate, and Always be Caring) & actively practiced in the workplace(in 6 reviews)

• "Cultural values of no BS, being weirdly passionate and Always Be Caring are evident every day(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Rainforest has been scrambling recently(in 9 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "always be caring"

Return to all Reviews

"A great remote workplace experience"

I have been working at Rainforest QA full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Very remote-friendly (I am remote!) company which allows for interesting coworkers all over the world, diverse talent, and flexibility. And all remote employees travel to San Francisco HQ for a week each quarter to be with the team onsite. -Strong core values that are memorable (No BS, Weirdly Passionate, and Always be Caring) & actively practiced in the workplace. I've experienced firsthand my coworkers... showing such care and compassion during tough personal situations. -Passionate, intelligent coworkers who enjoy working together

Cons

-As with most startups, changes are inevitable, but as long as you're adaptable and like a challenge, it's a great place to be!

Advice to Management

Thanks for making this the best place I've worked!

Rainforest QA2018-09-21

"Great culture - cares deeply about employee happiness, success and growth"

I worked at Rainforest QA full-time

Pros

Rainforest encourages you to be your true self at work every day; they encourage individual creativity, diversity in thinking and promote inclusivity in all discussions. The three values - be weirdly passionate, always be caring, and no BS - are sentiments that are very much alive and embraced by every member of the team.

Cons

Although there are bi-annual performance reviews, there isn't always a clear expectation of what is required of you. You have to be proactive in understanding the overarching team goal (which isn't difficult - execs are open/CEO has bi-weekly AMAs), then map your deliverables to those hit those metrics. I find that for those that are used to/thrive in startup environments, this isn't a con, it's a norm. Take... this con as a disclaimer that one must be able to be flexible, self-motivated and determined even in periods of ambiguity.

Advice to Management

Be more aggressive with goal setting across all teams. What people love just as much as a fantastic culture, is direction, being challenged, and being held accountable to those challenges.

Rainforest QA2018-08-19

"Above and beyond on all counts!"

Current Intern - Learning and Development Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Rainforest QA for less than a year

Pros

I never imagined that I would have so much autonomy, and responsibility as a graduate intern. By having ownership of my projects I was able to take away more more knowledge and practical experience than stereotypical internships. One of the big things that stands out about Rainforest is the focus on work/life balance. I felt engaged in my work whether it was in the office or from home and I never felt guilty... taking time off. The company is true to their values: No B.S. Always Be Caring, and Weirdly Passionate. And as a consequence of that, the people that work here are straightforward, caring, and incredibly fun!

Cons

If you are looking for a place with a lot of structure, then this probably isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

Rainforest QA2017-10-26

"Great company to work for"

I have been working at Rainforest QA full-time

Pros

Excellent people, excellent ethics. Cultural values of no BS, being weirdly passionate and Always Be Caring are evident every day.

Cons

Not much to say for me

Rainforest QA2016-12-07