Rainforest QA "no bs" Reviews | Glassdoor

Rainforest QA Employee Reviews about "no bs"

Updated 5 Oct 2019

3.5
Rainforest QA CEO Fred Stevens-Smith (no image)
Fred Stevens-Smith
Pros
  • "Strong core values that are memorable (No BS, Weirdly Passionate, and Always be Caring) & actively practiced in the workplace(in 6 reviews)

• "Cultural values of no BS, being weirdly passionate and Always Be Caring are evident every day(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Rainforest has been scrambling recently(in 9 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "no bs"

Return to all Reviews

"A great remote workplace experience"

I have been working at Rainforest QA full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Very remote-friendly (I am remote!) company which allows for interesting coworkers all over the world, diverse talent, and flexibility. And all remote employees travel to San Francisco HQ for a week each quarter to be with the team onsite. -Strong core values that are memorable (No BS, Weirdly Passionate, and Always be Caring) & actively practiced in the workplace. I've experienced firsthand my coworkers... showing such care and compassion during tough personal situations. -Passionate, intelligent coworkers who enjoy working together

Cons

-As with most startups, changes are inevitable, but as long as you're adaptable and like a challenge, it's a great place to be!

Advice to Management

Thanks for making this the best place I've worked!

Rainforest QA2018-09-21

"Great culture - cares deeply about employee happiness, success and growth"

I worked at Rainforest QA full-time

Pros

Rainforest encourages you to be your true self at work every day; they encourage individual creativity, diversity in thinking and promote inclusivity in all discussions. The three values - be weirdly passionate, always be caring, and no BS - are sentiments that are very much alive and embraced by every member of the team.

Cons

Although there are bi-annual performance reviews, there isn't always a clear expectation of what is required of you. You have to be proactive in understanding the overarching team goal (which isn't difficult - execs are open/CEO has bi-weekly AMAs), then map your deliverables to those hit those metrics. I find that for those that are used to/thrive in startup environments, this isn't a con, it's a norm. Take... this con as a disclaimer that one must be able to be flexible, self-motivated and determined even in periods of ambiguity.

Advice to Management

Be more aggressive with goal setting across all teams. What people love just as much as a fantastic culture, is direction, being challenged, and being held accountable to those challenges.

Rainforest QA2018-08-19

"Who has it better than us?"

Current Employee - International Business Development in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Rainforest QA full-time for less than a year

Pros

We work hard and contribute to the companies bottom line. Rainforest has a business model that most others do not (out average deal size is very high) so this allows employees to be paid very well and work on projects they are proud of vs. have to do. We have a no BS culture and people here take pride in being themselves while always looking out for each other and the company. My personal favorite part of... Rainforest if my access to other in the company, whether it's Fred or Russ (our founders) or any member of any team, we are open collaborators with the shared mission of solving real problems in the QA space. It's pretty awesome to show up with ideas and then have the support and relationships to execute them across your team and across the company. Rainforest is a home away from home and our managers work day and night to keep us happy, which in most startups is not the case

Cons

You have to handle change and be a great communicator to work at any fluid high growth company, that is not a con but it is the reality. If you lack work ethic, Rainforest will be a tough place for you to succeed and grow.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on! We love you guys and are thankful to be on this journey to fix QA.

Rainforest QA2017-05-25

"Amazing Culture and a wonderful learning opportunity!"

I have been working at Rainforest QA full-time

Pros

Rainforest QA has been one of the best companies I've ever worked at. I wouldn't trade the No BS and super caring culture for anything. I've had the opportunity to work on many projects and I love that I was trusted with the full ownership of all of these projects. I've also had the opportunity to create a lot of processes for the company as we scale. I genuinely feel like the work that I do is continuously valued.

Cons

We are scaling so things can be very hectic and crazy given that we lack a lot of senior leadership.

Rainforest QA2016-12-21
  5. "Still Loving it"

Current Contractor - Engineer

I have been working at Rainforest QA for more than a year

Pros

Work with Smart People No BS mentality You are heard here Startup with maturity and potentials

Cons

Appealing, but not yet polished product (which is expected)

Advice to Management

Get it profitable

Rainforest QA2019-10-05

"Great company to work for"

I have been working at Rainforest QA full-time

Pros

Excellent people, excellent ethics. Cultural values of no BS, being weirdly passionate and Always Be Caring are evident every day.

Cons

Not much to say for me

Rainforest QA2016-12-07