KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Raising Cane's CEO Todd Graves
Todd Graves
1,534 Ratings

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The pay is good for a fast food restaurant as well and they recognize hard work.(in 187 reviews)
  • "The environment is amazing and the people you work with are great.(in 145 reviews)
  • "Some fellow crewmembers and managers are great(in 122 reviews)
  • "Great Culture and they make the transition easy(in 109 reviews)
  • "Flexible hours and I can work when I want(in 106 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Raising Cane's and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing place to work!

Jul 26, 2022 - Bird Specialist and Certified Trainer in Nederland, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing Crew members Amazing bosses

Cons

Stressful at times. Don't get off on time (unless it is super busy)

Raising Cane's Response

You're amazing too! Thank you for the review of your time as a Bird Specialist and CT! We're so glad to read your loving your career with us!

2. 5.0

Decent pay, Good Management

Aug 11, 2022 - Crew Member in Richmond, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

$16 an hour with several options for raises. Genuine, friendly management that never breaths down your neck. Least stressful fast food environment I've worked in. Flexible hours. Very well-made crew companion apps. Easily change your own availability or see your schedule, pick up open shifts, etc. Simple menu streamlines everything from the front counter to the kitchen. No job is too complicated.

Cons

It's still fast food. High volume of customers at peak hours, unannounced buses are fairly common. Large orders are also very common. Reliance on communication. As a crew member there are several callouts you'll need to know for any given position. You'll have to yell them out and make sure they're heard. Some kitchen positions require you to think like a manager and give instructions as their core function. This will be socially taxing for introverts, especially at first, but it gets easier as you get to know your coworkers.

Raising Cane's Response

We greatly apprecaite our Crew, just like you! Thanks you so much for the awesome review, both positive and constructive.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fun Company to Work at

Jul 28, 2022 - Bird Specialist, Cashier, Fry Cook, Certified Trainer
    Business Outlook

Pros

° Competitive Salary ° Flexible Schedule ° Great for high school and college students ° Plenty of opportunities to advance in this industry ° Crew Appreciation Picnics, Easter Egg Hunt, Christmas Celebration ° Restaurant closes early on Superbowl Sunday, Christmas Eve, New Years Eve, Thanksgiving. Have major holidays off (e.g; Christmas, New Years Day, Thanksgiving, Memorial Day, etc.) ° 50% meal discount, before, during, or after shift. ° Free soft-drinks while working on shift. ° Fun co-workers and managers to work with. ° Casual Uniforms, Cool and Fun culture.

Cons

° Some customers are very rude and demeaning towards workers. ° Fast-paced and stressful at times. ° Sometimes short staff, doing multiple positions at once. ° A lot of minors with limited work availability. ° Managers forget to give you your breaks. ° Repetitive, sometimes will get boring doing the same positions. ° When business is slow, management will cut hours.

Raising Cane's Response

Wow! Thank you so much for this thoughtful review. Both the positives and the room for improvement are greatly appreciated. Thank for your years with Cane's and we hope you continue to work hard and have fun with us!

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Don't stick around too long; This isn't the end goal.

Jul 3, 2022 - Toastmaster
    Business Outlook

Pros

(Keep in mind, this is for my location. It can be different from place to place) *Solid work environment *Usually work with people close to my age: people either out of college or heading into it *Managers are competent, easy to get along with *A better base pay then you can find at other jobs *Do good work, people will recognize you for it *Dental and Medical plan if you act within 30 days Its pretty relaxed and you can earn a better day's pay here then other fast food jobs.

Cons

*Can get a lot of people at once out of nowhere *Lots of heavy lifting at times *I've never left the place with clean or dry clothes *All you have to eat is fried food, and that adds up over time *Feels like too little pay for the amount of work that's done every day *Payment increases are based more on what you know how to do then what you do everyday. *If too many people leave at once, you'll be stuck working 9 hour shifts a day instead of 8. Trust me, that one hour makes all the difference.

Raising Cane's Response

Thank you for the fair review! We apprecaite the well-thought-out points you made.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Lots of good, but the few bad things make the biggest impact.

Jul 9, 2022 -  in Boerne, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible scheduling. Typically a nice environment. The work is really easy. Pay is nice. (for the industry) Decent benefits. (for the industry)

Cons

Different managers care about and emphasize different things. (Not all on the same page) Expectations for base level employees is higher than it should be. Management cares about numbers and not the employees. Growth and development within the company is hard. (Most decent positions require OM experience, which is already hard to get but also not a very desirable role.)

Raising Cane's Response

Thank you so much for the thoughtful and well-written review. We apprecaite your review of communication and management. If you'd like, please reach out to our Crew Relations department at CanesCrew.com and provide more details.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee

good work environment up tell recently

Aug 12, 2022 - Prep Cook
    Business Outlook

Pros

day gets done quick lot to do fun cool people sometimes teamwork is about a 6.5/10 cleanly you can get promoted quickly if u try u meet alot of cool people alot of opportunity's

Cons

the employees talk crap a lot mini arguments has happened a lot of people quitting and new people joining constantly a lot of the mangers aren't great mangers general work environment for the people they dont like arent the best alot of what seems like popularity contest lots of drama

Raising Cane's Response

Thank you for this thoughtful review. We apprecaite your time as a Crewmember. Please visit CanesCrew.com if you'd like to provide more details.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Lacks consistency but fun to work

Jun 9, 2022 - Crew Member
    Business Outlook

Pros

-fun to work -variety of positions daily- any crewmember works all positions -my management is both trans and disability friendly -very clear path through promotion - huge flexibility in shifts -active lively upbeat environment -lots of cute dogs in the drive thru

Cons

- shifts and scheduling is insane- despite talking to manager in charge of scheduling, she continued to under schedule me(20-25hrs in 3-5 hour shifts) leaving me to have to work 10-12+ hour shifts to even be able to pay rent -lack of communication between managers. It took three to four weeks of me consistently telling each individual manager that i have a doctor's note for two positions because im physically not able to do them, for them to stop putting me there -they also dont communicate call ins very well -some of my coworkers come to work impaired(high, if im guessing) -discipline is also selectively enforced regarding abscenses and phone usage on the clock -between the high school age employees, they bring a lot of drama in from school and outside work and it affects the work environment - very inconsistent messaging in terms of how things are supposed to be done, and some of the trainers are teaching people wrong -i have been waiting 4 months to hear back on my application to be a trainer, im pretty sure it got lost but the manager assures me theyll get to it

Raising Cane's Response

Thank you for taking the time to write this, and for pointing out these opportunities. We work hard to give all of our Crewmembers a great experience, and we want to keep improving. If you'd like to give more details on management, please call the Crewmember hotline at 844-416-4144. If you'd like to follow-up on an application, please email Recruiting@raisingcanes.com and we can look into it more thoroughly.

8. 5.0

Nice atmosphere, friendly team

Aug 11, 2022 - Crew Member
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management is consistent in their fields regarding scheduling, appearance, approachability and expectations

Cons

Midnight is a little late in my personal opinion to close on Friday/Saturday, but we get an extra dollar/hr for those late times

Raising Cane's Response

Thank you for the positive review and kind words. It means a great deal to us that our Crew feels supported!

9. 4.0

Easy job

Aug 13, 2022 - Fry Cook and Cashier in La Habra, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Typical fast food job. Nice working environment and was relatively simple due to smaller menu

Cons

Didn't get a lot of hours

Raising Cane's Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

10. 4.0

Excellent In A Difficult Industry

May 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you are working in restaurants, there is likely no better place to be. Holidays off and paid, extremely accommodating and flexible, and patient. Not being a publicly traded company is HUGE for the quality of life those working here. They are trying their best at all times, and believe you are doing the same as an employee.

Cons

Lack of reliability/talent/stability of subordinates is a significant issue. There just aren't enough young, able-bodied, stable, talented individuals in most regions to thrive across the board. We all know young people are struggling brutally right now, so dig in and do something about it systemically. A tough road no doubt.

Raising Cane's Response

We truly appreciate this thoughtful and detailed review of your time at Raising Cane's. We will review your recommendations.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,760 Reviews

Raising Cane's Reviews FAQs

Raising Cane's has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 2,801 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at Raising Cane's to a friend and 63% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Raising Cane's employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Raising Cane's. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

74% of Raising Cane's employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Raising Cane's 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Raising Cane's to be culture, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be work life balance, management.

Popular Careers with Raising Cane's Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Raising Cane's? Share Your Experiences

Raising Cane's Careers

Cover image for Raising Cane's

The Raising Cane's Story: WHEN I OPENED THE FIRST LOCATION OF RAISING CANE’S®, I HAD A VISION THAT THE RESTAURANT WOULD PROVIDE A PLACE...More

• Careers
  • Benefits
  • Community

Company Updates

310 days ago

Company News
We are all Fry Cooks and Cashiers and we are ALL IN on supporting our Restaurants when they need it the most.
Shared image - A fast food chain is bringing corporate employees to work in its restaurants
A fast food chain is bringing corporate employees to work in its restaurants
www.cnn.com

314 days ago

Company News
We just announced a unique approach to the labor shortage, leveraging the ‘Fry Cook & Cashier’ mentality that’s allowed every Crewmember in the Support Offices to jump in & assist Restaurants with staffing & become a member of the recruiting team. The immediate feedback from those in the support offices – a rush to help & share the messages of ‘Join the Cane’s Family.’ Here is a quote from a Crewmember’s LinkedIn post: "We've survived Covid with growth, & stuck true to our #NoCrewLeftBehind commitment. We jumped into action when hurricanes impacted our gulf coast Crew. We've celebrated all of our wins, & supported each other through our struggles. We are a team, but more importantly we are a family. We need to grow our family & we're hiring everywhere for all positions, but our most urgent need is in our Restaurants. Cane's is a great place to learn the value of work, & the way a company should treat its employees. It's also an amazing place to make new friends & forge new bonds. At Cane's we know we're #bettertogether, so come experience our #OneLove for yourself"
Shared image - Raising Cane's Corporate Staff to Work Inside Stores, Recruit Talent Amid Labor Shortage
www.qsrmagazine.com