KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill Reviews

Updated Aug 6, 2022

Found 803 of over 817 reviews

3.6
Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill President and CEO The Raley’s Companies Keith Knopf (no image)
Keith Knopf

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "+Medical Benefits are good for 1st timers(in 73 reviews)
  • "People are great and the atmosphere feels like family(in 51 reviews)
  • "The pay is good for just working in a grocery store and as a meat cutter you are guaranteed full time.(in 45 reviews)
  • "Flexible hours if you work days and are trying to go to school.(in 28 reviews)
  • "Friendly coworkers made it a really fun place to work at for almost ten years!(in 26 reviews)
Cons
  • "Piss poor management if you can call it that at all(in 55 reviews)
  • "Poor upper management who have no idea how the inner store works, expects way too much and doesn’t give any perks for good service.(in 15 reviews)
  • "There was no training for the position, it's simply learn on your feet and from there you sink or swim.(in 14 reviews)
  • "Don’t give good raises.(in 7 reviews)
  • "Sometimes short staffed, favoritism, not great pay.(in 6 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year
    Featured Review

Great Company

Apr 6, 2022 - Senior Staff Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great management to work for.

Cons

There are little cons, good overall environment.

1 person found this review helpful

Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill Response

Thank you for your commitment to your local community. We appreciate you taking the time to provide meaningful feedback.

2. 5.0

Great place to work

Jul 27, 2022 - Assistant Team Lead
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture is really good

Cons

Lots of overtime, high expectations

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Nob Hill Review

Aug 6, 2022 - All Purpose Clerk in Morgan Hill, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love the customers and employees

Cons

Pay is hard to get by on

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

This place is good for school

Jul 19, 2022 - Clerk With Steps
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company does care about you getting an education so they will make sure you get your school time adjusted accordingly

Cons

The upper management changes fairly frequently so if you get a good store director better not get too attached

5. 5.0

Good company

Jul 22, 2022 - Tech Support Specialist II in West Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work. Lots of free goodies, lunches and events. I left as I accepted job offer somewhere else.

Cons

No life balance, no advancement, and I feel like I was a lifer with no future.

Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill Response

Thank you for your commitment to Raley's. We appreciate you taking the time to provide meaningful feedback. There are most definitely opportunities to grow from our TAC team to other areas of IT, we're sorry you didn't learn about that before you chose to leave... but you're always welcome back!

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Toxic

Jul 28, 2022 - Support Center Manager in West Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Literally can’t think of a positive thing to say. These positive reviews have to be fake because nobody likes working there. People all over are dropping like flies in recent months. Career opportunities are great because everyone keeps leaving. If you have no experience and are the favorites of certain executives you get promoted or given a raise!

Cons

Toxic work environment. Executives expect you to work while legitimately sick or on vacation. Politics are off the charts. Diversity and inclusion all for show. The culture took a nose dive to hierarchy and politics. Team member promises are literally a joke!

7. 4.0

Temporary work

Jul 31, 2022 - Courtesy Clerk in Elk Grove, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very flexible around my schedule

Cons

A better pay would have been nice

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Clerk with steps

Jul 26, 2022 - Clerk in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

easy to adjust hours and schedule

Cons

customer service job can be difficult

9. 3.0

Had High Hopes But

Jul 18, 2022 - Food Service Clerk
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lovely store and a lot of the employees are great people.

Cons

Pushed religious beliefs on employees. Didn’t allow employees to explain before criticizing. Practiced preferential treatment, giving ideal shifts to certain people and leaving the new people with the worst shifts instead of splitting them up amongst employees. Failed to provide ANY information regarding union dues so employees get surprised by hundreds of dollars in fees after being there for months.

Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill Response

Thank you for your service to Raley's and your local community, but we're sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience. We have a large HR department, but a dedicated Team Member Relations team who is committed to reviewing complaints that are escalated. You can call our HR Hotline anonymously at 916-373-6038 to give us the opportunity to address your concerns.

10. 5.0

Employment at Raley's One-Market is Awesome

Jul 17, 2022 - Cafe Clerk
    Business Outlook

Pros

They set you up for success, flexible hours, positive work environment, employee discount

Cons

Rude customers, can't think of anything else

Viewing 1 - 10 of 803 Reviews

Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill Reviews FAQs

Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 817 reviews left anonymously by employees. 57% of employees would recommend working at Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill to a friend and 53% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

57% of Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be workplace, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill? Share Your Experiences

Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill Careers

Cover image for Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill

Purpose-Driven Work At Raley’s, we don’t just sell groceries–we’re changing the way the world eats, one plate at a time. We care for our...More

• Growth
  • Wellness Focus
  • Beyond Benefits
  • $$$

Company Updates

56 days ago

Company News
At Raley's, we are committed to our purpose of changing the way the world eats, one plate at a time. We use this purpose to guide our actions and objectives, including investing in our employees, giving back to our communities and acting as responsible stewards of our planet's natural resources. The Raley's 2021 Impact Report shows how we measured up to our goals and where we're focusing our energies for the future. Here are some of our top accomplishments in 2021: NOURISHING OUR PURPOSE • 50 new Raley's Purely Made products brought to the shelf • 6,500+ new "clean label" products brought to Raley's O-N-E Market shelves NOURISHING OUR PEOPLE • 100% of Store Team Leader positions filled with internal candidates • $43,000 awarded to Team Members through Joyce Raley Teel Scholarships NOURISHING OUR PLANET • 2.0% reduction in electricity usage • 3.2% reduction in gas usage • 4.7% reduction in water usage NOURISHING OUR COMMUNITIES • $9.1 million raised by Food For Families, equal to 6,550,074 million meals • $1,526,595 in funds donated to 180+ nonprofits • $700,000 in Extra
Shared image - https://bddy.me/3xdDIk8
bddy.me

88 days ago

Company News
New Roseville Raley's O-N-E Market on its way! Our newest addition to our lineup of stores is underway, starting with the amazing team members we've hired to bring the store to life! If you are interested in joining the team, you can apply today at www.raleys.com/careers.
Shared image

Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill Photos

+ Add Photo
Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill photo of: Family Night at our new store
Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill photo of: We love our vendor partners!
Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill photo of: Grand opening!
Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill photo of: Sandwich Kiosks for the win!
Raley's / Bel Air / Nob Hill photo of: Servant Leader Award Winners 2018