Raley's Cashier Reviews | Glassdoor

1.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Raley's President & CEO Michael Teel
Michael Teel

Pros
  • You get good benefits for health care (in 19 reviews)

• Customer service comes naturally if your staff is like a family and generally support one another (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Courtesy clerks are frequently handed the tasks no one else wants to do (ie (in 11 reviews)

• As with all customer service jobs, there are times where customers are hyper demanding or interpret your words wrongly (which lands you in hot water) (in 9 reviews)

1. "Great first job"

Former Employee - Cashier/Clerk in Fairfield, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier/Clerk in Fairfield, CA

I worked at Raley's part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good for first job. Family-oriented.

Cons

Management plays favorites. Cut a lot of hours. If you want a specific shift, good luck.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites. Let people have specific shifts based on priority

2. "A long term hard working employee watching this store sink because of co-workers"

Current Employee - Cashier in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Raley's full-time

Pros

The pros of working for this company entail that it is a stable job. During the holidays it generally is busy and the time can go fast. I am a senior employee (long term) and I do not mind working hard although sometimes I am the only one working hard.

Cons

The problems that arise with this company are numerous and it comes down to the employees not working as a team. This translates to the store making less money and everyone is unhappy. Certain employees do not have to work as hard and play favorites among the management. I have even seen these employees hug each other in the front of the store and just stand and talk while customers and employees watch this. Recently the management changed to prevent this problem but of course the old ways fall right back into place. Employees in the registers need to be rotated among the other registers facing opposite directions to prevent injury but this is not being implemented. Other employees play the games of looking like they are doing so much work but really aren’t working that hard at all. So now we cannot keep the new young baggers even and all they talk about is leaving. In fact; we are hiring new courtesy clerks all the time because the morale is so bad they quit at a rapid pace.

Advice to Management

The advice I would give the management is to hold all employees accountable and for them to work as a team. As of now there is a lot of resentment among employees and everyone is unhappy and it’s the holidays so this is a big problem. Since this problem is not getting resolved it results in the store making less money, since our customers witness this. The other solution is to make the front end a better place to manage, what tends to happen is everyone gathers in the self-check out area and talks without helping the customers. Along with this leaving the check stand lights on and walking off away from the front like the register is still open but it is not. Anyhow, what I am trying to say is that it’s not a fun place to work but it could be if the management made it better by working as a team.

3. "cashier"

Current Employee - Cashier in Santa Rosa, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Santa Rosa, CA

I have been working at Raley's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is good and so are the people

Cons

Not enough hours, benefits not so great

5. "Warehouse job"

Former Employee - Cashier in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Raley's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They have good benefits. The people you work for is normally nice. Management can be a bit to strict on rules.

Cons

The long hours can be tiring. Some of the employees do not do any work and can be lazy. This a company that has been around for a while.

Advice to Management

You have to really know what you are doing to be a manager at the main warehouse, but some of the management is not very good at other places.

6. "Its been hit or miss"

Current Employee - Cashier in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Raley's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are great. Thats about it.

Cons

Wages suck at lower levels, upper management doesnt seem to care about anyone below them in "rank". There is no wage increase for training for example I started as a checker at 10 dollars an hour and am now trained in dairy, deli, and produce and still make 10 dollars flat.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and stop being greedy and increase wages.

7. "Going downhill fast"

Former Employee - Deli Clerk/Bakery Clerk/Cashier in Vacaville, CA
    Former Employee - Deli Clerk/Bakery Clerk/Cashier in Vacaville, CA

I worked at Raley's part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great benefits, some stores are union, decent pay,10% discount on certain products

Cons

not enough workers, not as focused on family & employees, took away Sunday pay, pay increases are low< little room to move up in company

8. "cashier"

Former Employee - Cashier in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Cashier in Reno, NV

I worked at Raley's (More than a year)

Pros

pleasant place to work. co workers were great, the atmosphere was positive.

Cons

not much room for advancement. You could be working there for years and pretty much be suck in the same position.

9. "Cashier"

Former Employee - Cashier, Floral Clerk
    Former Employee - Cashier, Floral Clerk

Pros

Get to chat with customers, great hours, benefits, good pay.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

10. "great customer service experience"

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

Pros

good salary, friendly staff, good management

Cons

hard work, varied schedule, holidays work

Advice to Management

salary increase, better working hours