Raley's Reviews

Updated Jun 14, 2021

3.7
Raley's President and CEO Keith Knopf (no image)
Keith Knopf
Pros
  • "Good benefits and schedule is flexible(in 27 reviews)

• "Good accommodation on schedules, good pay, amazing co workers(in 27 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Overworked and underpaid with little help from upper management(in 18 reviews)

• "Hour cuts down to 28 hours for clerks and 16 hours for courtesy clerks(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years
      Featured Review

Love this job-pay and benefits

May 20, 2021 - Supervisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’m happy with the pay and my family enjoys the benefits. Leadership is great. Our CEO is fantastic and upper leadership is inclusive and you always feel like you’re working on a team. I’m looking forward to many years to come.

Cons

With COVID it has been very busy

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are proud to serve with such wonderful leaders and team members who care! We appreciate all you do!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good

May 28, 2021 - Grocery Clerk in Vacaville, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Consistent, supportive, quiet, team based

Cons

None, it’s a very reasonable place to work

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Good Pay

Jun 9, 2021 - Journeyman Meat Cutter in Rocklin, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The pay is good for just working in a grocery store and as a meat cutter you are guaranteed full time.

Cons

The company is not as family oriented as it used to be and they do not provide enough labor.

4. 4.0

Job

Jun 14, 2021 - Warehouse Member
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love the people and job

Cons

Insane Fluctuating hours when busy

5. 1.0

Horrible Place to Work

Jun 8, 2021 - Clerk
      Business Outlook

Pros

10% off groceries, benefits are decent.

Cons

Wages aren’t enough to live on. Schedule changes every week. The schedule comes out on Thursday for the next week starting Sunday so it is hard to plan anything outside of work. Depending on your weekend placement, there is a possibility to work up to 10 days in a row with no extra compensation. Management refers to their employees as “bodies.” There are tons of bad attitudes, gossip and negativity. Promotions are a popularity contest. They tend to already have someone picked out before interviewing. Management doesn’t handle sexual harassment situations properly.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee

Excellent work ethic and skill

Jun 9, 2021 - Sales Associate/Cashier in Napa, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Looking for a job that makes me happy

Cons

Searching for a job I can enjoy

7. 5.0

Great

Jun 12, 2021 - DC Clerk II
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible and nice job with great people

Cons

Not much room for moving up

8. 2.0

Managers don’t care

Jun 9, 2021 - Night Crew Stocker in Carson City, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is decent most coworkers are super Duper sweet and nice

Cons

A lot of drama particularly for night crew. And not enough people No team ethic in the not flexible with days off they had me working overnight by myself for two days straight while the other two night crew members get 2 Days Off straight while I have split days most of the time you have to stay over because can’t get everything done your normal hours is 10 PM to 6:30 AM. But sometimes you stay until 9:00 AM

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

A great place for a college job

Jun 1, 2021 - Front-end Clerk in Sacramento, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Many opportunities to grow and improve verbal communication skills. Management did not shy away from tasking responsibilities to younger employees

Cons

As working in many departments I had many hours a week while being in school. Understandable, just hard.

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. We appreciate you for allowing us to be a part of your learning journey while in school. Thank you for your dedication to creating the best experiences for our customers!

10. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Leadership Will Drive This Company Into The Ground

May 24, 2021 - Manager in West Sacramento, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some really good teammates. A few long-lasting friendships. Some hard workers. A few people who are still very passionate about the future of the company. OK benefits. Depending on your leader you could have a flexible schedule that supports work-life balance but this really varies from leader to leader. Some are very old school and want you at your desk from 8 to 5 or they think you're not working, with no regard to family or personal lives. Free fruit and coffee. Free sample products occasionally. Raley's does great things for local communities through Food For Families and community giving program.

Cons

Current CEO is making companywide decisions based on his own personal beliefs. This became very clear with his refusal to take a public stand regarding BLM, now staying silent about AAPI hate crimes, seems to think COVID protocols are a farce, anti-mask, says no one should be the "mask police," anti-vax, wouldn't offer COVID vaccine in our pharmacies even though it's our employees who are on the front lines putting themselves at risk every day. Now forcing a back to office in-person work plan for corporate offices based on his personal preferences with no consideration that employees might still be scared or nervous to return to in-person work full time. I'm sure he will also not want employees wearing masks if he can get away with it. Converting stores to ONE Markets with apparently no consideration of customer preference, since customer response has been absolutely terrible and we are losing customers left and right. Company now seems to be purpose driven instead of culture driven. Purpose is all well and good but now morale is so low. There is no trust in the executives anymore. Long term employees are disappointed by current company leadership. I won't be surprised if a lot of employees leave in the coming months, especially if they decide not to give bonuses again because of some made up fear about the future of the company while sales soar because of the pandemic. Padding their wallets at our expense.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 588 Reviews