Ralph Lauren Reviews | Glassdoor

Patrice Louvet

1,477 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "My Life and Polo Ralph Lauren"

Current Employee - Shop Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Shop Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Ralph Lauren is full of tradition and legacy. I am a part of a team that change the way that designers and brand names merchandise their product within department stores. From the moment I joined the company, I was given the feeling that I belonged to something special. While the task can be challenging at times, I know that I will get support from Senior Management and somewhere in the immediate future I will be rewarded. Ralph Lauren Company also allows time for family and supplies its employees with lots of benefits and perks to make life fun and comfortable.

Cons

I haven't experienced many downsides to working for Polo Ralph Lauren. However, I will say that the current economy has had an effect on business. This does present a sense of uncertaincy, Ralph Lauren is a brand that can be costly. With people being more cost-conscience, it has become a little harder to sell people on the lifestyle and luxury of our product. I department stores full of items that are marked down to the lowest price point, its a challenge to compete. Everyday in the news you see companies laying off workers, and I sometime fear that I could be one of those peolpe.

Advice to Management

I have a great relationship with immediate managers, and Senior Management has proven to be open and geniunely interested in my input.

"Great Lifestyle, Great Company"

Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

Pros

PRL is not only a brand, but a lifestyle. The company truly stands by what they believe in. As a corporation, they truly focus on career growth and building great working relationships

Cons

Communication from Senior Managment must be improved. Review compensation strategy.

Advice to Management

Manage and delegate the workload fairly to your team. Credit isn't given to the right places

3. "An amazing job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverhead, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverhead, NY

Pros

The hands down best atmosphere and good pay, amazing coworkers and a professional environment.

Cons

Barely any hours; very overstaffed.

Advice to Management

Cut people, stop hiring so many employees, allow more than 20 hours for parttime.

"Amazing place with talented people"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

Pros

Depending on department, there can be a lot of perks and exposure to the glamour that the Ralph Lauren brand sells. Summer Fridays are given between Labor Day and Memorial Day, but the office usually shuts down by 3:30pm. It was never an issue to get time off and I the salary was higher than average. Great discounts!

Cons

I think if you really want to rise in the company, someone from senior management has to "choose" you and mentor you until you grow into the next level. I know several employees who make it the manager level, but wait 10+ years to hit Director and then even more time before they hit Senior Director. Its a tough company to get into, lots of resumes submitted and it has a private school ambience, which I loved, but I'm sure others could be turned off by it.

Advice to Management

As a company do a great job with recognition and timed service.
    Departmentally, the senior team could do more to appreciate the lower ranks, like monthly lunches for example.

Be honest with people trying to grow their careers, if you don't see them being promoted or fitting in, advise them to look outside the department/company.

5. "Excellent Sales Associate Job"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Marcos, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Marcos, TX

Pros

excellent working conditions, discount off of clothes, generally quite a classy place to work, employees are treated with much respect

Cons

monotonous tasks such as folding clothes for hours, and often times, as you fold customers come and mess up your organization and presentation as you are working

Advice to Management

I have no advice to the management of the San Marcos Polo Raulph Lauren. They were always very respectful, kind, and excellent leaders.

6. "I enjoy the company of whom i work with. I very much like the apparel that we sell as well."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flemington, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flemington, NJ

Pros

Good experience, very classy company, management is very nice and always willing to teach you new things. Employee discount!

Cons

Some days are slower then others, some days are great. The slow days effect our employee hours.

Advice to Management

My only advice to the management would be to send more merchandise to the Polo Ralph Lauren Childrens Factory stores!

"Polo Store Development"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Ralph Lauren full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Bosses vacation a lot, which means you have autonomy. Opportunity to travel with company for store openings. Very accomodating and they actually value a work/life balance. SUMMER FRIDAYS. Stressful work load, but everyone is great at what they do and good quality people.

Cons

Takes FOREVER to get promoted. They value employees who start with them, exit to other companies and expand skill set, and then come back.

Advice to Management

Share the perks of being an executive with your assistant, even the smallest gestures mean a lot. Also, be honest with career advice. If they ask for a timeline to grow, stand by your word to help them rise up internally, or tactfully advise you see them better utilized in a different department or career.

8. "You learn and you grow as an individual"

Current Employee - Sales Professional in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Professional in New York, NY

I have been working at Ralph Lauren full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Its is an inspiring company with a lot to offer. There is always room for growth and they like to hirer internally. The people who work for the company are probably the best aspect because of the shared values and ethos that we operate by.

Cons

Unfortunately, the pay in the start is not great, especially living in a large city like NY. However, if you do put in the effort and get through the first year or two, the compensation does increase and you will be satisfied.

9. "An undeniable incredible company to work for that catered to the growth of my professional career."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Ralph Lauren full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I created long lasting relationships that I currently tape into regularly.

Cons

I can't say anything bad about my experience working for Ralph Lauren

Advice to Management

The retail environment I walked into was a completely different feel when I left after 4 years. It changed from building camaraderie to very HR driven constant call outs. Hurt moral.

10. "Proud to be a team player."

Current Employee - Cash Lead in Cabazon, CA
    Current Employee - Cash Lead in Cabazon, CA

I have been working at Ralph Lauren part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Regardless of the position held, he company makes you feel like a part of a bigger picture every time you come to a sales rally. Great discounts on top of sales. Career opportunities. Friendly and welcoming management team. Easy access to the corporate in NY, NY. Constant training and easily penetrated innovative ideas and techniques.

Cons

High employee turnover, including managers/full-timers, makes it slightly impersonal and hard to keep the routinely warm atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Some managers have amazing leadership skills while lacking social skills. The leadership team could be more involved in the employees character and personality development considering it an investment into the company's prosperity and financial growth.

Showing 1,477 of 1,556 reviews