Ralph Lauren Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1,442 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Retail hours no work life balance (in 63 reviews)

• Long hours and no time to take vacations (in 56 reviews)

1. "HR Manager at Retail Store"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, TN

I worked at Ralph Lauren full-time

Pros

I have created lifelong friendships with many people I worked with

Cons

The store I managed was broken into several times, to this day they are constantly on the news for shoplifting. Shoplifters keyed my car for following them around the store, cussed me out and threatened me. I was doing my job in providing assistance however they feel that acting violent towards the workers will get the workers away from them so they can steal. They need to be able to prosecute shoplifters. Better pay and employee discounts would be great as well!

"Director"

Former Employee - Owner in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Owner in New York, NY

I worked at Ralph Lauren full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In my time at RL, I saw this company completely transform leaving its glory days behind. I first moved to NY and worked in their intern program and it was pretty great that I was able to see so many different facets of the company. They have refined there program since then and it's much more established now. At that time they put me in a buying team for a brand and I worked my days as part of that team. The other girls were not nice and I often felt set up to fail. I kept on pushing and by the end of the internship started working in the flagship on Madison. After about a year of trying to figure out my path I found the perfect fit at corporate.

I began working with the most talented group of people in the creative side. Times were great! The hours were always long but the connection with my team was family. I moved quickly from a coordinator to a manager in a year from working hard and being self motivated. My Senior Director took me under their wing and really cultivated my growth. I worked hard for RL. Three years into my corporate role I became a Director. It was a lot of work but I loved it. All in all the pros for my time at RL are the people I worked with. They always took every opportunity to teach me and help me become better so that I could help the company grow. I still keep in touch with many of my RL family today.

Cons

So basically the con is that this company is no longer the company I spoke about in the pro section. They operate now with fear. I get that a company needs to make changes to grow. I totally get that. But the day RL handed over this company was the day it hit the fan. I literally saw the infrastructure crumble. Entire departments were let go without warning. People started fearing for their jobs. But the worst part was, they were letting go the people who were producing. I saw the stores start to deteriorate. People stopped caring because there was no direction. No leadership. No cultivating growth.

In my time, I never made what I should have. I worked so hard and was always at the bottom of the pay scale for my title. I still worked hard but I never was compensated what I actually know I deserved.

Now I work for myself so I do appreciate all the talent I learned from and don't see my time as a total waste! It helped me get were I am today, but that is not the same RL that exists today. I left because it wasn't that company I started with. And I never looked back.

Advice to Management

Get to know your people. Everyone at the very top is new. Yes it is absolutely about numbers. BUT Learn about the people making those numbers. By not caring about your employees and listening to their needs you are basically saying I don't care. So don't expect them to work hard.

I am an extremely hard worker but when the pay is not fair AND you are not supportive in addressing the needs of your stores and departments, then don't expect people to pour out their motivation.

I was from the days when interns weren't paid. I worked my tail of for 3 months in one of the most expensive cities without complaint. I did it because I believed in this company and my future with it. It did pay off and I grew, but not without hitting road blocks along the way. I was drowning in work and begged for even an intern in the end. After I left, I was never replaced and I watched my division crumble and wither away. This company now thinks they can do it on a skeleton crew and things will just run themselves. I'm sad for RL, I really am.

"Alright"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Ralph Lauren full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You'll be good at what you do and RL will turn you into a machine. You'll be efficient and know how to deal with all kinds of egos.

Cons

Inefficient. Design calls the shots even though they're the ones keeping everyone behind on schedule. Everyone has to adjust to their schedule and they're never held accountable.

Advice to Management

Design has no idea what they're doing. They're the ones keeping everyone behind.

4. "Amazingcompany"

I have been working at Ralph Lauren full-time

Pros

Coprorate culture, healthy environment, dedicated employees

Cons

The size of the company can sometimes create challenges

"Senior Analyst"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Ralph Lauren full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great managers over my tenure. Some really great opportunities to learn and grow.

Cons

Somewhat limited opportunities for promotions.

"Great associates , lazy Assistant Managers"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Augustine, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Augustine, FL

I have been working at Ralph Lauren part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Making great friends, decent hours.

Cons

Some Assistant Managers sit in the office way too much when they should be helping on the floor. No accountability for assistants.

Advice to Management

Help your people!

7. "Amazing"

I have been working at Ralph Lauren part-time

Pros

Best job out there, feels like a home environment it an amazing experience.

Cons

There's no downside in this

8. "Not bad"

I worked at Ralph Lauren part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good coworkers, the work was easy.

Cons

Pay could be better, but it is expected to make around nine dollars an hour in retail.

9. "Key carrier"

I have been working at Ralph Lauren full-time

Pros

Kool people, Kool stuff, awesome

Cons

Hours suck, too many people,

Advice to Management

Be nicer

10. "Great"

I worked at Ralph Lauren part-time

Pros

Fun. Meet new people. Good coworkers

Cons

You Have to work weekends

Showing 1,442 of 1,517 reviews