Ramar Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Intermediate Job"

Former Employee - News Control Assistant in Lubbock, TX
    Former Employee - News Control Assistant in Lubbock, TX

I worked at Ramar Communications part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ramar Communications has a great modern work environment. The staff were all helpful and friendly. Management was very reasonable and accommodated my schedule when able. Great learning experience for someone looking for a career in the technical aspects of live news.

Cons

There wasn't much room or incentive to move up in the company, if you worked in the technical side. It was obvious that the position I held was very rudimentary, and there's nothing particularly wrong with that, but I was looking for a job that was going to evolve.

Advice to Management

Really get to know your technical staff. It can be lonely in the back room, behind the scenes, etc. Give them much recognition and really make them feel appreciated. Try and create ways to intermingle various departments more often. Get everyone involved in each other's work, to a certain extent.

2. "Could improve a lot"

Current Employee - News Producer in Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - News Producer in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at Ramar Communications (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a medium family-owned business so they take care of their employees, company has decent benefits, people are friendly and you get to know most colleagues.

Cons

Managers don't seem to care about their departments and everything seems to take forever to get done. It's the least viewed station in town.

3. "Low Pay-Low Quality"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Lubbock, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Lubbock, TX

I worked at Ramar Communications (More than a year)

Pros

You get experience and there are some really good people working there. You get to learn about the real dingy world of tv production.

Cons

You are exploited. Went into an interview with having 5 years experience for a videographer job. They offered me 9/hr. LMAO and acted like it was the best that they could do. Tried out for a creative producer job in their advertising department. Shot and cut 4 commercials in 5 days they paid me 11/hr and told me to move on. I wrote the script, shot the commercial and did the editing while they charged the client $150/hr and all they did was stomp on my nuts the whole time. Freelance was better than this. Better for the client and better for me.

The Waterburger down the street is paying people 10/hr. What a joke!

Advice to Management

Tell Brad to get rid of the jet and start running his Dad's business like he actually gives a damn. He should be ashamed. The equipment is out of sorts. The desks in the offices are falling apart. And his shows are crap.

4. "Producer"

Pros

Flexibility in work and creative environment.

Cons

Lack of communication between different shifts. Management did not back up employees well when there were issues.

5. "I am in local radio sales"

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at Ramar Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy meeting people in community and helping businesses find ways to grow.

Cons

Sales can be a tough field.