Ramsey Solutions 68 Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ramsey Solutions CEO David L. Ramsey
David L. Ramsey

Pros
  • Work Life balance is a key part of the culture (in 10 reviews)

• Many benefits such as weekly devo, Christmas party, events, lunches, seminars/continuing education, great PTO after your first year) (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Health insurance rates are very poor compared to what many employers offer (in 7 reviews)

• The organization has a strict "no gossip" policy (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great company and miss working here"

Former Employee - Stewardship Advisor in Brentwood, TN
    Former Employee - Stewardship Advisor in Brentwood, TN

I worked at Ramsey Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They care about you and will change things to improve. There are tons of team building activities like lunches, Christmas parties, and battle of the bands. Good times. I also enjoyed staff meetings every Monday to keep you in the loop and the opportunities to hang with Dave or other leaders outside of the office (pizza nights).

Cons

This is a large company now (500+) and was only 330 when I came on board. I'm sure, it is just as difficult to get to know people or feel connected. It can also be tough when you hear of people leaving and that happens at any job, but with 500+ it probably happens more often. I also liked how they will change things that are broken, it can just take some time. FOR YEARS the base pay in sales was $1,000 a month. They just changed that last year.....and it was in place for over 10 years. The other caution is that they are very innovative, so expect constant changes. Departments closing, shuffling, new ones opening, promotions of leaders, new products, etc. I was there for 2.5 years and we released 28 new products during that time (Everydollar, two new classes, three books, and three new speakers, just to name a handful).

Advice to Management

Really work to help new team members connect and succeed. Many of the people I met that were new would go at 100 miles per hour to show their true colors. Many times they got burned out and would leave. Help them to excel before they lose their fuel.

2. "Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at Ramsey Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ramsey Solutions is one of the rarest employers I've ever seen. The level of caring they have for their team members is unparalleled. I've never felt more valued and respected.

Cons

As with any growing company, change is constant. Sometimes it's good, other times it's not. But, they're constantly evaluating every change to make it a better place.

"Executive Director"

Pros

Everyone works hard and the culture is amazing!

Cons

Not able to work remote.

"Love it or Hate it"

I worked at Ramsey Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This organization has a very, very unique culture. My feeling is that people either love it or hate it. Some feel like they finally found "their people" who think and value the same things they do. Others don't feel the same for reasons like maybe their priorities or values don't align with most of their peers. Overall, it's a good organization. Their heart is in the right place and they truly believe what they are doing matters, No place is perfect, and Ramsey isn't immune from some poor leadership just like every other organization. It's loving the mission that makes the difference.

Cons

If you aren't sold out for the mission of the organization, you won't enjoy your time here. If you are sold out for what Ramsey teaches, then you will find your home.

Advice to Management

Make a diligent effort to follow what is taught in EntreLeadership.

6. "Designer"

I have been working at Ramsey Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best place I've ever worked

Cons

Nothing this place is great!!

"Once in a lifetime opportunity"

I have been working at Ramsey Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

Ramsey Solutions is a unique place to work where I've had so many "once in a lifetime" experiences I can't even keep track. It's truly phenomenal to work here and be a part of a team that cares deeply about everyone we serve, including each other!

Cons

Ramsey Solutions is run by humans, which means that not everything's perfect all the time.

Advice to Management

The one on one meetings are great, make sure to keep those as a priority. Seriously.

"Dave makes fun of "moron" job applicants"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at Ramsey Solutions full-time

Pros

Free lunch every month
    People are ok, nice but not overly ambitious. Won't rock the boat type folks.
    Lots of bonding activities to do, intramurals sports, spelling bees, battle of the bands, ect.

Cons

I always hated when Dave Ramsey himself would read what he calls "moron or stupid" applications aloud to us at our staff meetings of 500+. He would read aloud actual applications sent to him by HR and make fun of how they answered the application questions. The names were omitted. Some of them were indeed silly or downright dumb but I was still deeply, deeply alarmed that he would even do such a thing as entertainment in the face of a "NO-GOSSIP policy"! I would think those applications were private, meant for HR eyes only and here he was reading them aloud to the entire staff so we can all have a good laugh at these "pathetic people" trying to get in Ramsey Solutions "Best Place to Work in Nashville". It was downright rude and bully-like. It is a regular thing that happens here when HR gets some whoppers and sends them to Dave to read to us. You have been warned, HR will take your application and email it to Dave to read aloud if they feel you are a moron. I don't even know if this is even legal. You better think twice if you think a place like this deserves your time if they resort to things like this because of their pride and high-school-like bullying. The arrogance and bullying at Ramsey Solutions is Nashville's worst kept secret.

Advice to Management

Stop reading these applications aloud to make fun of job-seeking people and re-evaluate the arrogance you have built up in your leadership. Including Dave.

"Copy editor"

Current Employee - Copy Editor in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Copy Editor in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at Ramsey Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a very great team and pay really well. Anyone should wanna work there.

Cons

None... Sorry.. There are not any.

Advice to Management

Always stay on point... The best you can.

"Best In-House Design Agency on the Planet"

Current Employee - Senior Creative/Product Designer in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Creative/Product Designer in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at Ramsey Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The design team at Ramsey is nothing short of a family. We have been rated one of the best places to work in Nashville, TN and there is great reason for it. I am privileged to work with some of the smartest, humble, and hardworking folks in the industry and our culture here is outstanding!

Cons

There are always cons in a place that involved people but our pros overshadows anything that is really worth stating here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing guys!

"Great culture. Great people. That's what really matters."

I worked at Ramsey Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you want a company you can be passionate about, this is the place to be. This company has a mission and has long-term vision. It's not always easy achieving those big goals, but when you do, it's worth it. You MUST have the mentality that this is more than just a job. If you commit, it will be worth it.

They take great care in finding the right people, which means you know you're working with the best. These people are not only tenacious and hard-working, they are also fun to work with. You may just find a lifelong friend or two.

Dave and the leadership team are kind, caring, and generous. They expect a lot, but if you work hard and meet your goals, you can build a relationship of two-way loyalty.

I can't speak to everyone's experience, but I was given some great opportunities to learn and grow in my time at Ramsey Solutions, and my pay was more than fair. Couple that with awesome perks like monthly lunches, amenities, and the legendary Christmas party, and you have an awesome compensation package.

Cons

Health insurance rates are very poor compared to what many employers offer. It's often cheaper to get your own insurance than get on the company group plan. Dental and vision aren't offered at all. That's really my only main complaint.

Yes, there are day-to-day annoyances and mild frustrations. Every job has them. Don't read into them any more than you have to.

Advice to Management

Invest in the personal and professional development of your young people. Turn them into leaders and let that culture spread.