Ramsey Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Ramsey Solutions CEO David L. Ramsey
David L. Ramsey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "When they say that Ramsey Solutions has "work/life balance" - they really mean it" (in 14 reviews)

• "The leadership invests a lot in their team members both professionally and personally" (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "Bad news - there have been some growing pains associated with that growth" (in 12 reviews)

• "The company is growing so much that finding a parking place can be tough some days" (in 5 reviews)

1. "Great company culture"

Current Employee - Developer
    Current Employee - Developer

I have been working at Ramsey Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The leadership truly cares about each individual. The people are really talented and genuinely nice. I’ve been in toxic work environments before, and this is a breath of fresh air.

Cons

I’ve been spoiled with amazing healthcare at other companies, and the healthcare is just ok. I think it’s going to improve.

Advice to Management

Keep caring! It makes people want to stay!

"It was good until it wasn’t."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

I worked at Ramsey Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great colleagues! Easily some of the best people I’ve had the privaledge to work with.

Cons

Pay is very low, expectations are very high, supervisors actively avoid telling you that you are not meeting those expectations, and the propaganda that comes from Dave and the other Board members is just designed to manipulate the masses. Avoid asking for help, they will see it as a reason to let you go.

Advice to Management

They know what they should be doing, they just choose not to.

"yep, it's a cult"

I worked at Ramsey Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-talented employees with big ideals

Cons

-dave's motto: because i said so (insert tantrum and threat of lawsuit)

Advice to Management

wake up. it's not a ministry. get out before your supreme leader goes even more mental.

"Amazing Culture, Talented Workforce, Unified Mission"

Current Employee - Front End Developer in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Front End Developer in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at Ramsey Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team is remarkably unified in purpose and vision. Everyone treats everyone else with respect, kindness, and trust. We don't hire slackers -- I trust all of my teammates to do the job right, and vice versa.

There is a stupid amount of talent at the company. I honestly believe we have the most talented engineering/development team in the region. Given our size, it's remarkable how much work we get done. Our development standards are uncommonly high. It's genuinely refreshing to see this level of developer excellence at a company that isn't Google/Microsoft/Facebook.

Leaders care deeply for their teammates at a personal level. They do everything in their power to serve and fight for their teams. There is little bureaucracy -- leadership is accessible all the way up.

We're given a ton of autonomy to innovate and pursue the right solutions. Experienced team members are eager to teach. We're given ample space to train and develop new skills. We have great tools/equipment/services. Leadership development is a core value regardless of your position.

Work life balance! It's a real thing, and you are better off for it. You work 40 solid hours and that's it.

Compensation is competitive. Team events are over the top and a ton of fun. It often feels like a family. The people are the best. I never dread going to work. Dave is a world class leader and speaks to the whole company almost every week. Leadership at the top is super transparent.

Cons

We're currently spread out amongst a bunch of different buildings, which makes it difficult to get familiar with certain teams. That'll change soon with our new campus this summer.

The org structure can be confusing. Some teams work pretty siloed, which is exacerbated by how spread out we are. Health insurance can be expensive.

Advice to Management

The management is the best I've ever worked under. Continue to foster a culture of autonomy and trust, it makes it easy to go off and innovate. Continue to avoid micromanagement. Continue to recognize the diligence of your team members. Continue to care genuinely for the well-being of those that you lead. Continue to be transparent about conflicts or disagreements.

Be intentional about setting vision for the career trajectory of your team members. The organization is growing and changing constantly, which can lead to uncertainty about how best to advance into new domains of responsibility. Know our strengths and push us to grow them.

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Designer in Spring Hill, TN
    Current Employee - Designer in Spring Hill, TN

I have been working at Ramsey Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Highly energetic place to work. We practice what we preach and we believe in our mission. It's great to be able to be apart of something that truly helps people.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is we are spread out over 5 buildings. But we will be in a brand new building soon! Yay!

"OK place for people new in their career looking for a mission"

I worked at Ramsey Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you are young in your career and haven't experienced much, this is a great place to get on a bandwagon. The mission is definitely worthwhile and there are a few in leadership that keep the core of the why close to their heart.

Cons

Most people leave after 3-6 years because there is little/no room for growth. Upward tracts for growth don't exist but most get caught up in the mission and forget about their own career trajectory. Board members make over 6 figures while much of the company is under $100K salary. Technology stack is light years behind while the business units operate in silos.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. You cannot force your will on everything - especially technology.

"Beware"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Ramsey Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people, process oriented, they care about your family.

Cons

Cult atmosphere. They will wait months, until you are physically onsite to tell you that its a fire-able offense to have a credit card or get a loan. The first two months they covered the important things like no facebook at work, don't be on your phone all day, they will kick you out at 40 hours, etc.... Somehow you can never have another credit card didn't make that list until you physically visit.

They force you to provide them a budget.

If your not a Dave Ramsey disciple, this is not for you.

Advice to Management

unity in diversity, not unity in uniformity

"Good, growing experience"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Nashville, TN

I worked at Ramsey Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at Lampo for over 5 years and learned quite a bit from this job. Some of my best friends were made at this company and this place truly does feel like a family (at least on the team I was on). I enjoyed the work I did as well and definitely miss the place.

Cons

The place has become much more corporate, though their events like monthly company lunches, Christmas parties, etc will try and cover it up to seem like a fun, church camp vibe. The last 2 years were quite frustrating due to growing pains on my team, only seeing sales people recognized (and celebrated) for the work they did, and leadership ignoring issues within the team. I saw a lot of people taking on WAY more than should have been required, because we were "in a season", yet that season started 3 years ago and continues to this day (and most of those people aren't adequately compensated). Because of this, turnover is higher than ever. And morale is down. Everything turned into being about numbers (because we have to pay for the new building) and about brand. It got exhausting..I ended up not being motivated to perform at 110% because there was no point- eventually someone on our team would leave and someone, who's already burnt out (myself included) would have to take on their duties until their backfill was found, and not be compensated (but if this were to happen with a sales person, they get compensated, just an FYI). So many people on my team were beyond overworked and then add on the countless weekly meetings (staff mtg, devo, one-on-ones, stand ups), it's like you couldn't get anything done because you had 30 minutes between meetings to actually work.

Advice to Management

Dave- go around and see who stays past 6pm...every day...for years on end. This is not healthy. And leaders, sit down with your team. Listen to your team, and not just what your other leaders say. Actually listen, because most of them have already brought up these issues to you. Really review non-sales comp structure because the administrative comp structure is a joke. And if you have someone who leaves the company after working there for a few years, sit down with them and ask them what could be improved. I was shocked when my leaders or HR never asked me anything. I left on great terms and had easy ideas on how to improve things.

"Amazing place to work, best culture, values employees and all about helping people"

Current Employee - Front End Developer in Spring Hill, TN
    Current Employee - Front End Developer in Spring Hill, TN

I have been working at Ramsey Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This place is simply amazing, the people, the culture, the mission. I have worked at other places and the pay is competitive, benefits are amazing, the special treats like events, lunches, and more make this place remarkable. Most companies are talk when it comes to culture, Ramsey is the real deal and values everyone!

Cons

There are no cons. It’s an amazing place!

"Doesn't Get Much Better Than This"

Current Employee - Tennessee in Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Tennessee in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Ramsey Solutions full-time

Pros

800 ppl on fire for helping ppl outside these walls. Leaders that care deeply about the teams they serve. A CEO that has tons of energy and tells us so much about why this company exists and where things are headed. Pay is super competitive and the place is growing so fast that it's easy to move up if you are a go getter. This place isn't for everyone...if you aren't into the mission of the place, keep your mall job because this place is way too fast paced and competitive.

Cons

Cramped space...800 ppl in 5 buildings (bldings are a bike ride from each other). New campus on 50 acres ready in 2019.

Advice to Management

Don't let up on this crazy awesome culture as we approach 1000 ppl soon. And as we all wrote in our yearbooks, "don't ever change!"