Ramsey Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Ramsey Solutions CEO David L. Ramsey
David L. Ramsey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • When they say that Ramsey Solutions has "work/life balance" - they really mean it (in 13 reviews)

• Couple that with awesome perks like monthly lunches, amenities, and the legendary Christmas party, and you have an awesome compensation package (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Bad news - there have been some growing pains associated with that growth (in 10 reviews)

• As some have mentioned, it's not a great place for people who don't like change (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best Place to Work!"

I have been working at Ramsey Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The culture, the mission, the leadership, the growth, flex time, benefits, paid maternity leave, lots of fun perks! We are spoiled here seriously!!! :) Been here several years and it just keeps getting better and better! This place has changed me and my family's life in the best ways possible and they have taken such great care of us when times have been tough. It is like a family here for sure. Dave is the REAL DEAL and so are the other leaders on board. I can't believe that each day I wake up looking forward to going to work... I never dread it. I get to come in to work each day and see some of my best friends. :) So blessed!

Cons

Everything is pretty AMAZING. The only thing I could think of is for more flexibility/part-time options for working moms. We are very well taken care of but I wish there were options for a mom who didn't want to leave this place but wanted to be more present in their child's life during the early years before grade school.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! You guys are the best and I am so grateful and always will be.

"Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at Ramsey Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing place that cares and grows your career and personally.

Cons

Look deep in your team for talent not only the vocal ones.

Advice to Management

Work on an evaluation and leadership growth track

"Good Christian based organization"

I worked at Ramsey Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, work life balance and a joint venture of making a difference.

Cons

Has grown so much that there is a disconnect from the board to the employees.

Advice to Management

They appreciate their employees very well but grace is selectively given.

"Puting the "Cult" in "Culture""

Pros

Free monthly lunches, battle of the bands, and a huge annual Christmas Party. Oftentimes, extra vacation days are added around the holiday season.

Cons

Very much a cult-like culture with bullying, amateurish leadership. Raises and promotions aren't merit-based but are based instead on how "bought-in" you are to the mission. They watch your social media and dictate what you can and can't post. You have to travel in groups of three—groups of two of the opposite sex are "illegal" on campus. When people leave this company, it's common that they are shunned. This place is great for some people, but if you're anything but a "yes-man" look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Take a looks at processes and procedures as they relate to the business. Offer exit interviews to employees in good standing—there are borderline-harassment situations going on inside your walls.

"Marketing"

I have been working at Ramsey Solutions full-time

Pros

Great place to work. Fantastic corporate culture and tons of opportunity for growth. Great work life balance -- when you are at work, be at work and when you are at home, be at home.

Cons

Nothing. Read the book "EntreLeadership" and it will give you an idea what it is like to work at Ramsey Solutions.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing!

"Marketing"

Current Employee - Marketing in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Marketing in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at Ramsey Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This place is truly one of a kind. You will not find a better group of people to work with on a daily basis who challenge you to grow, be a better team member and a better person. I could not recommend Ramsey Solutions enough. You're not just pulling numbers or selling products - you are changing peoples' lives every single day. I've been here for 3 years and wake up excited for work every single day.

Cons

As some have mentioned, it's not a great place for people who don't like change. We're growing like crazy and things are moving quickly, so buckle up!

7. "Sales Director"

I have been working at Ramsey Solutions full-time

Pros

The culture and environment is one where I am able to grow and receive constructive feedback in a healthy way. I have been given more opportunities for growth and been given tools to improve my success throughout my time here. I also very much enjoy the people I work with.

Cons

We have a lot of work to do, and with growth there are a lot of changes, which makes for very busy days and weeks.

Advice to Management

Look out ahead at future hires, and recognize when people are operating in multiple roles and another hire is needed.

"Best Place to Work for a reason!"

I have been working at Ramsey Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked for other organizations for many years and I can say without reservation that this is *the best place* I've ever worked. The whole team truly cares about each other, the mission of the company and the customer. I feel valued for my unique abilities and am never made to feel like just another employee ID number.

Cons

The team is growing quickly and, as would be expected, is experiencing some minor growing pains. However, leadership is actively looking to adjust and pivot where need be as the business continues to grow. Other places I've worked that experienced rapid growth refused to work differently until everything was broken, so it's a breath of fresh air to be in a place that is willing to solve problems as they arise.

9. "BEST Job Ever"

I have been working at Ramsey Solutions full-time

Pros

A company that actually cares about its employees.

Cons

Only sad I didn't start working here sooner.

Advice to Management

N/A

10. "I am NEVER leaving!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at Ramsey Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ramsey Solutions is the best place I have ever worked. Period. I am not surprised that we have been named one of the best places to work in Nashville for ten years. The people who work here are world-class and care deeply about the products that we push into the marketplace. Very rarely do I work more than 40 hours a week. When they say that Ramsey Solutions has "work/life balance" - they really mean it.

Cons

-There has been substantial growth over the past few years and that comes with some growing pains, but we will get there.
    -No remote work

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and keep hiring talented, amazing people.