Cover image for Ramsey Solutions

Ramsey Solutions

Engaged Employer

Ramsey Solutions

Add a Review

Ramsey Solutions Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Sep 16, 2021

4.1
Ramsey Solutions CEO David L. Ramsey
David L. Ramsey

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The people are amazing and always looking to help you grow.(in 42 reviews)
  • "Everyone works hard and the culture is amazing!(in 34 reviews)
  • "Lampo leadership is great at highlighting those who more or less carried the torch to victory during weekly staff meetings.(in 23 reviews)
  • "Good work/life balance.(in 14 reviews)
  • "We have flexible working schedule, we have great team members, lots of company perks, and a mission I personally believe in.(in 14 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Ramsey Solutions and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee

Exceeded My Expectations!

Oct 7, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are 3 major pros to this company. 1. This is a company that truly cares for people. I see this in the organizational structure, decision making, and investment in employees. There is value placed on the individual. 2. I have also been blown away with culture. I've never worked for an organization that is so naturally positive (not manufactured) and unified in its mission. This doesn't mean there aren't heated discussions and disagreements from time to time, but. It's refreshing to be a part of this kind of environment. 3. The caliber of employee is impressive. The building is full of sharp people who know their stuff. They challenge me to my fullest potential.

Cons

There has been a lot of growth, so sometime systems there is evidence of growing pains, i.e. systems can be clunky, turnaround time can be slow. That being said, the company is very self aware and willing to work through issues to improve anything that holds us back.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

If you're looking for perfection, don't look here...

May 29, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people here really believe what they are doing will change the world. Maybe you agree, maybe you don't, but they work every day to make a difference. They care about people and they care about families. They are genuinely thrilled to cheer on every single debt free scream.

Cons

The truth is if you are looking for a group of perfect people, go look somewhere else. There are lots of growing pains, a few dysfunctional managers, and mistakes made. If you want to put your head down, do your best, while cheering your heart out for debt free screams- you'll probably be just fine.

3 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Ramsey Solutions team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Place to Work for a reason!

Jul 7, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked for other organizations for many years and I can say without reservation that this is *the best place* I've ever worked. The whole team truly cares about each other, the mission of the company and the customer. I feel valued for my unique abilities and am never made to feel like just another employee ID number.

Cons

The team is growing quickly and, as would be expected, is experiencing some minor growing pains. However, leadership is actively looking to adjust and pivot where need be as the business continues to grow. Other places I've worked that experienced rapid growth refused to work differently until everything was broken, so it's a breath of fresh air to be in a place that is willing to solve problems as they arise.

4 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic Place to Work

Sep 8, 2012 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

From top to bottom, the company is filled with folks trying to do the right thing in every situation. The company and its leaders are generous - both with compensation and with perks. A team atmosphere is nurtured. The work is meaningful and people's lives are changed every day from the radio show and the products that are produced and sold.

Cons

This is a small company that at times experiences growing pains from the fast growth its experienced over the last 10-12 years. Fast growth will sometimes cause a company to 'stub its toe' in certain situations. My experience has been that when genuine issues are surfaced, that they're dealt with. The company also has an owner that's a public figure. If you don't agree with his take on things, then it's probably not the right place for you.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic work environment (where you're treated like an actual human being)

Oct 20, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Lampo Group is truly an amazing place. I've done stints in corporate america, and honesty it's hard to imagine going back to that garbage. Now, let's get something straight, this place isn't utopia. There are still humans involved after all, so it's not perfect. BUT, it's the closet thing to it that I've ever seen in a workplace. 1. Good People: Yeah, the hiring process is laborious and takes longer than it should sometimes. But the results are worth it. They hire people that care about their job, their co-workers, and the outcome. That's hard to find in many workplaces, but this place is filled with people that actually care. It's refreshing and fun to be around. 2. It's Always Changing: This place is constantly evolving with new products, departments, and much more. There's never a dull moment. Each season brings a different focus for different products, and it's cool to be involved in something so big that keeps growing and growing. 3. Personal Development: Since I have joined the company I have had three job titles (two promotions). I have worked hard, Leaders have recognized, and rewarded that with creating new opportunities for me to tackle. It's incredible to work at a place that really values me as a human being and not just a worker-bee. I see that from my direct leaders, even up to the way Dave interacts with us. They are investing in me 100% and that's rare to find. You're not just a number here. 4. Generosity: I could rattle off many examples, but I think this one sums it up the best. The company has a profit-sharing pool for certain positions that pays out throughout the year. At the end of the year, this particular profit pool had a surplus of funds. Rather than simply roll those funds over to the next year (the "logical" business decision), the leadership team cut very generous (and unexpected) bonus checks to a few of us team members that had really significant years. Who does that?! Not to mention, as seen all over this page, the Christmas part is awesome. And tons of free food, gym reimbursement, free Costco membership, etc. 5. No Drama: The No-gossip policy is for real, and what a difference it makes. In prior jobs I've been around people that are big gossips, withhold information to "get ahead," backstab, and all that mess. That just doesn't happen here. People are transparent, and if there's issues they work it out like adults. There is never fear of "backstabbing" or "whispers" around. If there's a big personnel change, or structure change, the leadership team tells the whole company in full detail and addresses it head on. It's really refreshing, and easy to take for granted that most places don't operate like this.

Cons

1. Growing Pains: The Company is growing, and quickly. The difference between a 300 person company (Lampo just a couple of years ago) and a 500 person company (Lampo in a year or two probably) is very different. It's harder to keep the same culture and vibe. From time to time we see a little glimpse of those growing pains, but the good news is that leadership team knows this, is transparent about it, and truly striving to make this transition intentionally. 2. Spotlight: If you've never worked for a company with such a public facing representative (Dave), it can be a little bit of an adjustment. Dave has a bunch of people who love him and who have been changed forever by the principles he teaches. He also has haters, and from time to time those haters flare up in the media. So, it's not a big 'con', but definitely takes a little bit of adjustment if you've never worked for a company connected to the media so closely. 3. The health insurance coverage/pricing is not competitive with most employers. It's decent for a single person, but if you're hoping to cover your spouse and/or children, you're better off buying it in the open market most of the time which is a shame.

1 person found this review helpful