Randolph Hospital Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "RN"

Current Employee - RN Staff Nurse in Asheboro, NC
    Current Employee - RN Staff Nurse in Asheboro, NC

I have been working at Randolph Hospital part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very good place to work, grew up with this hospital, have seen it transition throughout the years, Have been able to work with a fine, knowledgeable group of doctors, and nurses. Would recommend this hospital to others

Cons

Is not a trauma hospital, still have to send some patients out to other hospitals locally. Not a lot of room for advacement.

Advice to Management

na

2. "Surgical Technician"

Former Employee - Materials Manager/Surgical Technician in Pleasant Garden, NC
    Former Employee - Materials Manager/Surgical Technician in Pleasant Garden, NC

I worked at Randolph Hospital (More than a year)

Pros

The parking is convenient for employees.

Cons

Management has a lot of turnover

Advice to Management

IF your going to hire an outside consultant to "fix" something that is not broke, do your due diligence and investigate all angles of all situations.

3. "Poor place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Randolph Hospital (More than 10 years)

Pros

Everyone knows each other and many have been there for years.

Cons

Poor leadership, lack of vision and not able spend money to become a key player in the triad.

Advice to Management

Increase communication to all staff and be more willing to change with the times. Actons speak louder than words.

5. "Needs some leaders"

Former Employee - RN, Bsn in Asheboro, NC
    Former Employee - RN, Bsn in Asheboro, NC

I worked at Randolph Hospital (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is really nice working in a small community hospital. You know just about everyone and it is comforting when you are sending a patient to another unit.

Cons

Poor leadership, no true shared governance, racial discrimination noted.

Advice to Management

Please listen to input and suggestions from staff so you won't lose hard workers who genuinely love their job and enjoy caring for others.

6. "overworked,undervalued, poor nursing managers,"

Former Employee - Nurse in Asheboro, NC
    Former Employee - Nurse in Asheboro, NC

I worked at Randolph Hospital full-time

Pros

Some great Dr's and nurses that do the best they can in spite of management

Cons

No support from management.... lots of playing favorites, nurse managers always off at a conference somewhere.

Advice to Management

Fire the current nursing directors. They run off good nurses and abuse the ones that stay

"Safety"

I have been working at Randolph Hospital full-time

Pros

community hospital, despite problems, staff very nice.

Cons

unsafe staffing to patient care, long hours, no breaks, sometimes no lunch. Forced OT

Advice to Management

Please hire staff, Please care about the ones that you are burning out

8. "Some wonderful people work here!"

Pros

Close to home. Pay is within good range. Benefits are good. Some of the most wonderful people I have ever met work here!

Cons

Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians.

Advice to Management

Upper Management-Share the wealth. There are SO many hard working employees in this company that deserve more credit. Most of the credit goes to upper management....when the ones who are really doing the work get nothing at all. This is pretty typical of a lot of businesses though....just wish someone would make a change.

9. "Small community hospital that tries hard but future is sure to require merger with larger system."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Asheboro, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Asheboro, NC

Pros

Small community hospital; great atmosphere of family and friends; nice facility for size and age

Cons

Management is stagnant - same group of thinkers always at the table for projects and decisions - lack of new thoughts and innovative approach to business; some departments are ridiculously overworked and undercompensated; some sr management lacks genuine leadership skills yet are tolerated and kept on staff

Advice to Management

There is a facility full of smart and talented people - consider having different people at the table for decision making and committees - too often it's the same people over and over leading to stagnant solutions. Get rid of dead weight.

10. "Excellent Work Environment"

Current Employee - Information Technology in Asheboro, NC
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Asheboro, NC

I have been working at Randolph Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay for the geographical area. The liberal, political activist CEO, Bob Morrison, is FINALLY gone after a couple of decades of pathetic leadership. Even though the new CEO, Steve Eblin, worked closely with Morrison, he has a much better vision and really seems to care about the employees there. He seems to even know the names of employees really far down the professional 'totem pole' so to speak.

The current leadership at the hospital is very good and they are venturing out and offering new, innovative healthcare services for Randolph County.

Not every department is perfect, but the majority are. I'd say there are only a few departments where employees seem to be stressed, but those seem to be in the finance-related areas.

The benefits here are also AMAZING compared to the benefits I've had at other healthcare agencies.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Continue to explore new medical service offerings for Randolph Hospital. Maybe even look into more acute surgical procedures to offer. Cardiac surgery too ambitious? Who knows, it could work!

11. "It's a pay check."

Current Employee - Switchboard Operator
    Current Employee - Switchboard Operator

Pros

I love the people I immediately work with. There are those who recognize what we deal with, just not our upper supervisor.

Cons

The pay sucks for the responsibilities we have and the stress. We get blamed when another department's policy doesn't work well. We get the immediate, pissed off cussing of too many people.

Advice to Management

Come in and LEARN our job. Sit in for more than 5 minutes and see what really happens on EVERY SHIFT.