Randstad US Reviews | Glassdoor

1,587 reviews

Full-timePart-time

1,587 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work life balance - work from home a couple of days a week (in 53 reviews)

• Good pay Good benefits great support (in 44 reviews)

Cons
  • Challenging workload can create difficult work-life balance (in 76 reviews)

• There is absolutely no work/life balance as the job requirements necessitate being available at all hours (in 24 reviews)

"Basically Headhunting"

Former Employee - Clerk in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Clerk in Louisville, KY

I worked at Randstad US full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have a variety of jobs being presented as "open" at most times.

Cons

There is more of a fixation on getting someone working at the place with the most pressing need rather than at a location where their skills would actually match. I applied and was called in to interview for a data entry position and was sold on a job with "data entry" and "some other duties". It turned out it was a job as a mail clerk in like a ten story office building....with virtually no data entry.

Advice to Management

Be upfront with potential employees about the jobs you are staffing for.

Sep 25, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience and bringing this to our attention. We will be sure our managers see your review and will use these Glassdoor reviews as fuel to improve. Thanks for sharing... More

"Work Hard Play Hard!"

Current Employee - Vice President of Market Sales
    Current Employee - Vice President of Market Sales

I have been working at Randstad US full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pushed to meet and exceed expectations in a motivational way, as well as compensated for it. If you are invested in your business, and your people/team, you will succeed. Great compensation plan, work/planning flexibility, local & regional management are invested and involved in day to day business of branches. Lots of support, best practices shared and recognition of small and large accomplishments.

Cons

Some of the measurements of weekly expectations are not necessarily what drives business. Leadership sometimes focuses on details that will not drive our business forward, and just creates noise & distraction, or is often never discussed again, which is a waste of time (& money!)

Advice to Management

Reports will not fix results. We need to figure out a way to diagnose our business with not only reports, but truly understanding whats going on at a local level.

3. "Great Place to Work!!"

I have been working at Randstad US full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Competitive Environment, Great Management....VERY forward thinking and care about their employees.

Cons

Staffing and Solution business is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!

Sep 8, 2017

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and feedback! <3

"Great company"

Former Employee - Industrial Painter in Gainesville, GA
    Former Employee - Industrial Painter in Gainesville, GA

I worked at Randstad US full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They do the work of looking for the position to fill and being Pre-qualified it makes work easy to start into to.

Cons

temp work can be a little unsecured

5. "Consultant"

I have been working at Randstad US full-time

Pros

Its good, no micro management

Cons

no cons as of now

"Nice people, structure needs work"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I worked at Randstad US (More than a year)

Pros

Management of the Dallas and Frisco offices is phenomenal. The Regional, Area, and Managing Directors are all adequately trained and you can really tell they care about their role and how they can help the little guy. The client base are mostly major names that are dependable, in the sense that they will be releasing jobs constantly. Opportunities to make money if you get in good with certain account managers.

Cons

Training was terrible. There was a short, vague intro to company values and the organization of the C-suite, however they don’t actually train you on necessary (and valuable) recruiting tools and techniques. They kind of drop you in the water and expect you to swim without ever sinking. This would make sense for a mid-level Recruiter but for an entry level employee that you are paying $35,000 BEFORE taxes?

The cons to the large clients is that lots of firms get the same jobs of you so there is a lot of competition both on the local and national level.

Though the office-level management is great, there is always constant reorganization going on at the higher level which causes commotion to those on the bottom of the barrel (recruiters).

You can almost never work with C2C candidates. Anyone who knows IT recruiting knows how ridiculous this sounds - the technologies evolve so quickly and the reality is that US-based candidates can seldom keep up. It makes your job a lot harder as a recruiter to find Green Card/US citizens for these hard to fill roles.

EVERYTHING is metrics based. No matter how hard they see you working, if your numbers are not up to par you will be harshly penalized. This leads to filler calls - i.e. dialing C2C candidates that we know we are unable to work with just to get numbers up. They value quantity over quality by a long shot.

Advice to Management

Completely revamp the training program from the bottom up. It needs to be comprehensive and a lot longer than it is now. Maybe consider a mentor or buddy program with recruiters/AMs who are experienced. Loosen restrictions on C2C candidates, and reevaluate the required metrics.

Sep 13, 2017

You provide some excellent insight and we are grateful you took the time to share your feedback. We will pass this review on to management in hopes that no one experiences a similar situation. Thanks... More

7. "It Recruiter"

I worked at Randstad US full-time

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

No work life balance

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

Sep 25, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to share your review of us. We regret that you had a less than perfect work-life balance and would like to learn more about this. If you would like to share insight and... More

8. "Site Manager"

I have been working at Randstad US full-time

Pros

Contests, met a lot of great people.

Cons

Not the best progression plan

Advice to Management

Reward leaders

9. "Software Developer"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Randstad US full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Never had any problem with payroll or other matter. Very reasonable.

Cons

Not a great 401(k) match

10. "Why I enjoy working at Randstad."

Current Employee - Support Services Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Support Services Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Randstad US full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You have the freedom to take initiative and do your job in a way that suits your skill set and personality, rather than one dictated to you. Also, you have a opportunities to move up or onto to different positions if you so desired.

There is also a great support from your managers and other co-workers, frequent team conference calls to keep in touch with each other and getting to know any additional skills one may have to offer and the latest news on the industry.

You are allowed to think out of the box, your ideas are welcome and you are encouraged to have a voice.

Cons

Not enough of the same positions in many states should one consider relocating and wants to stay in the same field/roll

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, we are right there with you.

Showing 1,587 of 1,988 reviews