KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Randstad US

Engaged Employer

Randstad US

Add a Review

Randstad US Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 29, 2021

3.8
Randstad US CEO, Randstad North America Karen Fichuk
Karen Fichuk

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good pay and they I got my foot in the door at a large company.(in 230 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with always go the extra mile to ensure the well being of there employees.(in 149 reviews)
  • "Great training and onboarding(in 100 reviews)
  • "He get me pretty good salary and help me get the offer quick.(in 66 reviews)
  • "This Company has a great culture and Drive to Win.(in 52 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Randstad US and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best company of them all!

May 27, 2021 - Site Manager in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growth opportunities Work-life balance Educational support Competitive pay Family-oriented team

Cons

Constant change that isn’t favorable at times

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Like the Overall Company but Actual Branch a Disaster

Nov 29, 2021 - Senior Technical Recruiter in El Segundo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

My peers were awesome. I also liked the corporate wide initiatives, unfortunately they didn’t always roll down to the branch level. Good place to start your career and then cash in your experience elsewhere.

Cons

Biggest con is middle and senior management. While I was there, the branch I worked for imploded after the Managing Director was terminated unexpectedly. Was replaced by someone who didn’t have any training or guidance for management, no prior management experience; basically set up to fail. The micromanaging and constant checking in for no reason. Why hire people if you can’t trust them to work remote? The toxic work culture with no work/ life balance. Stop joking we have no excuse to not work on a day we specifically requested to have off because a senior account manager worked up until she gave birth.

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

There's more to work than money

Nov 5, 2021 - Staffing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Base pay was decent, bonus potential seemed good.

Cons

The culture of the branch I worked for was horrible. The other co workers were nice. Management was very micomanging to the point if you didn't answer an email or text with in a couple minutes you would hear about it. I also would get remarks like "what have you been doing for the last hour, this should have been done already" (within the first hour and a half of the day) which was out of line and not professional. No work life balance, you were expected to work during non business hours to do administrative work. Management didn't recognize the extra hours and if for any reason I needed to take off for an hour or two during business hours I would be docked PTO hours. When I interviewed for the position I asked about flexibility and they told me the job was flexible with the hours and there was a good balance. Very misleading.

Randstad US Response

We truly regret hearing this. Thank you for sharing. We will be sure to address this with our leadership team.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company for temporary placement

Oct 7, 2021 - PMO Project Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team to work with.

Cons

Management, pay, work-life balance, vacay time does not roll over.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good Opportunity

Oct 7, 2021 - Site Manager in Allentown, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-You are only really managed as much as you want or need to be. Being on site you not in constant contact with any direct contacts but will begin to feel more like you work for the client instead! -If you set up expectations well (depends on client expectations/hours) you can have a good work/life balance. - Flexible with being onsite and working from home when needed (if you have others onsite with you and depending on mgmt) -Can be reward if you do well and the clients happy and you get to hire a lot people -401k match

Cons

-Can get lonely and boring as you don't physically really have coworkers and its hard to get that sense of belonging from the client. -Firing people and dealing with nonsense from talent (what can you do, i guess there's always bad parts to a job) -Bit of a ceiling on how much money you can make based on the bonus structure -All IT/general support is done through chat and its 50/50 if you get someone that can help you. can be very frustrating -Pay should be about 15-20k hire at least but depends on the profitability of the site I suppose. -health benefits are expensive

6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Ever-changing Environment

Oct 5, 2021 - AR Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work Life balance, amazing corporate incentive plan, office collaborative space, co-worker comradery , upward mobility

Cons

ever-changing environment, have to be ready for change at short notice

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Staffing Manager Manufacturing and Logistics

Sep 15, 2021 - Staffing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent bonus opportunity if you are willing to work nights and weekends. Good benefits. Good PTO.

Cons

You have to work nights and weekends in order to make any money here. Almost your entire 8-5 is spent dealing with temps. The base salary is below average for the industry. Overall it is a great introduction into both the world of recruiting and sales. I consider this company a stepping stone, but wouldn’t want to make a long term career out of it, because I value work/life balance too much.

Randstad US Response

Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback. As we continuously strive to be #humanforward we value your insight in helping us improve.

8. 3.0

Meh

Aug 24, 2021 - Staffing Manager in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of opportunity to make money

Cons

Very low work life balance

9. 2.0

Avoid!!!!

Aug 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Decent Pay -Remote Environment -Encouraging team -Career Opportunities -Big Accounts

Cons

-Poor training -Over the top expectations -Little ongoing support -Minimal work/life balance -Mediocre Benefits This is just another staffing agency that will bring you on, give you little to no training, push you in the deep end and expect you to figure out how to swim. There is no ongoing training, just constant micromanaging and reminders that you aren't hitting your goals. They definitely value quantity over quality and wonder why it's hard to fill certain positions. Management will not listen to new suggestions as they say themselves "we're not trying to reinvent the wheel".... well maybe you should to make things more efficient? Their programs are extremely clunky and outdated and admin work can fill up a huge chunk of your day. Staffing managers are expected to do the work of 4 people yet get paid for 1. The cherry on top for me was the fact that my coworkers literally LIE to clients and talent. Telling talent we have a certain job when we don't, or lying about the conditions of the job only for them to come back and say they hate it. And treating these people like they're second class citizens I mean come on. They are people looking for work. It's embarrassing. And on the client side lying about reference checks, background checks etc. Calling a client to market a candidate that doesn't exist... lol what? It all feels very slimy and unethical. Randstad needs to realize that in order to differentiate themselves from other staffing agencies they actually need to switch things up. They are no different than the staffing agency down the street, just bigger.

1 person found this review helpful

10. 1.0
    Former Employee

Horrendous

Aug 27, 2021 - Staffing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very competitive pay and benefits.

Cons

Terrible experience, with a terrible work life balance.

1 person found this review helpful

Randstad US Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We value you and appreciate your insight. Please don't hesitate to share specific details of your experience with us at wehearyou@randstadusa.com. Thank you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 210 Reviews