Cover image for Rapid Micro Biosystems

Rapid Micro Biosystems Reviews

Updated Dec 5, 2022

Found 36 of over 45 reviews

3.4
Rapid Micro Biosystems President and Chief Executive Officer, Director Robert Spignesi
Robert Spignesi

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "some are great people to work with.(in 7 reviews)
  • "Great Benefits(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year
    Featured Review

great company

Nov 3, 2022 - Validations Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love everyone I work with, we share a common vision and are motivated daily to show up and perform our best.

Cons

I don't have any cons

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Interview

Aug 25, 2022 - Senior Systems Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Was very specific and brief

Cons

It takes a while to get things done

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Poor work-life balance

Sep 20, 2022 - Automation Engineer II in Lowell, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very fast paced and challenging manufacturing environment that will give you the opportunity to rapidly develop your skillset. Working with the production operators was pleasant as they are all kind and talented individuals.

Cons

Work-life balance: As an automation engineer, I was expected to work 1st shift (M-F 9am-5pm) while also be on-call for production line support. I could be called to troubleshoot or come onsite to resolve line issues anytime from 5 am to 1 am the next day. Note that I was salaried and earned no overtime for off-hours work. Also, I was expected to be on-call using my personal cell phone. No work phone or cell phone bill credit were provided. Workload & Relevance of Roles/Responsibilities to Job Title: After the 20% workforce reduction (see the public 8/12/22 Q2 Press Release), we had to absorb additional responsibilities from those who were let go or those who transitioned out of their roles. The team was already stretched thin and was expected to be responsible for more (without additional benefits or compensation). During my time at RMB, I spent less than 10% of it performing actual automation engineering work. The rest of the time was spent doing functions unrelated to my title such as manufacturing and continuous improvement engineering. Training: Formal and adequate safety training on topics like electrical work or Lock-Out-Tag-Out were not provided despite the presence of electrical and pneumatic hazards on the manufacturing floor. We asked management several times for these trainings but received nothing. Underpaid: I was paid 32% less than the U.S average salary for an automation engineer II position.

8 people found this review helpful
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Technology/Poor Management/Poor Hiring

Sep 22, 2022 - Manager of Automation Engineering in Lowell, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Rapid Micro Biosystems' OEM technology and Consumables business are great technologies that help their customers realize haste in a heavily time consuming part of their medicinal manufacturing process.

Cons

Due to poor business investment and management, poor hiring decisions, poor planning and expectations, horrendous work/life balance, and a self detrimental mindset, Rapid Micro Biosystem fails to ensure the following: - keep top talent in the company - promote the right leaders for the right roles - ensure the right talent is performing the right tasks - foster the right decisions for current and future planning As a manager, I quickly learned how to manage upwards and during those moments I learned so much about the mindset some of the Directors and Leadership Team at Rapid. Most of the political nonsense is "Highschool-like". Some employees even call Rapid "Rapid High". Directors, instead of fighting for and ensuring the growth of their talent, put their team members through challenging/impossible situations and actually expect them to fail. Most of these challenges are never understood and passed to following team members because someone in the past made decisions without understanding how the machine works and what the business needs, and now the people who are left to take over are paying the price! It is truly a viscous cycle of poor planning and lack of leadership support. Rather than trying to understand what is actually happening and listening to the voice of their team, Directors rather turn to "knowing what's best" and only listen to those above their paychecks. Ineffective use of the A3 thinking causing massive disinterest in the process and hidden agendas riddle the leadership team.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Meh

Dec 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of latitude do get involved

Cons

Leadership opereate almost independently from the rest of the organization, leading to disconnects

6. 3.0
    Former Employee

Good Company

Dec 5, 2022 - Production Assembler
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits with flexible hours

Cons

Company has let go of alot of talented people

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good Company

Aug 31, 2022 - Technical Support Agent in Lowell, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company really cares about employee's work/life balance as they offer unlimited PTO, observes every federal holiday, and shuts down one Friday for the 3 months of summer (June, July, and August).

Cons

They hire a lot of unnecessary people (sales) and not enough of essential workers such as field service technicians.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Busy busy

Sep 14, 2022 - Microbiologist in Lowell, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Constant stream of work. Career growth

Cons

Lack of management support. Needs more

9. 3.0
    Current Employee

Ok Place to work

Jul 15, 2022 - Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

PTO, People, Building Amenities (Gym and Cafeteria)

Cons

Numbers focused, Alot of things to do not enough people to do it all

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Small company with a big heart and smart outlook

Nov 7, 2021 - R&D in Lowell, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Noble purpose, customer-centric mindset, talent development focus, aligned leadership team, high growth business, a place to learn and grow for every employee, competitive pay

Cons

A few manual processes to deal with and some growing pains as the company invests in improved processes (but this will quickly becomes an advantage/pro once fully integrated)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 36 Reviews

Rapid Micro Biosystems Reviews FAQs

Rapid Micro Biosystems has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 45 reviews left anonymously by employees. 48% of employees would recommend working at Rapid Micro Biosystems to a friend and 42% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Rapid Micro Biosystems employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Rapid Micro Biosystems. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

48% of Rapid Micro Biosystems employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Rapid Micro Biosystems 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Rapid Micro Biosystems to be culture, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be career development, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Rapid Micro Biosystems Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Rapid Micro Biosystems? Share Your Experiences

Rapid Micro Biosystems logo

Rapid Micro Biosystems Careers

Cover image for Rapid Micro Biosystems

The trusted standard in microbiology automation The vision of Rapid Micro Biosystems is to be the trusted standard in microbiology...More

• Careers
  • Benefits

Reviews by Job Title

• Microbiologist(3)

Company Updates

31 days ago

Community
Boston Children's Hospital Virtual Toy Drive There is still time to join us in #givingback to Boston Children's Hospital through their Virtual Toy Drive this holiday season. RMB is proud to announce that we will be matching all donations made to our Team, which means we have raised over $6,000 so far with the help of our amazing employees! Please join us in supporting Boston Children's Hospital today by visiting: https://lnkd.in/eMCz7s7t #OneRMB
Shared image - Rapid Micro Biosystems on LinkedIn: #givingback #onermb
Rapid Micro Biosystems on LinkedIn: #givingback #onermb
www.linkedin.com

47 days ago

Community
Rapid Micro Biosystems is thrilled to give back to our community this holiday season by supporting Boston Children's Hospital Virtual Toy Drive! For families who must spend the holidays at Boston Children's Hospital, the Virtual Toy Drive Program means light, joy, and fun during a difficult time. Funding ensures the holidays are celebrated to the fullest at the hospital, with gifts for each patient, virtual Santa visits and special moments throughout the season. Our fundraiser will benefit all patients and families staying at the hospital, with a special focus on the hematology and oncology floor. The Employee Engagement committee set up "RMB Giving Trees" in both office locations and a virtual tree for remote & global employees to participate! 🎄 ⭐ as each employee donates, we will fill up the trees with ornaments & bring joy to sick kids.

Rapid Micro Biosystems Photos

+ Add Photo
Rapid Micro Biosystems photo of: Rapid Micro Biosystems President and CEO - Robert Spignesi
Rapid Micro Biosystems photo of: Rapid Micro Biosystems 2019 - Donations To Food Pantries
Rapid Micro Biosystems photo of: 2019 - Ugly Sweater Party
Rapid Micro Biosystems photo of: RMB's Cinco De Mayo Celebration 0 291
Rapid Micro Biosystems photo of: RMB Microbiology Week - 2019
Rapid Micro Biosystems photo of: Employees Gather Together For The Summer Outing at Kimballs Farm - 2019
Rapid Micro Biosystems photo of: The 2019 RMB Softball Team