Rapid Response Monitoring Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Russell R. MacDonnell

Pros
  • The Corona, Ca office is the newest addition to their Syracuse, NY location and an indication that the company is growing (in 6 reviews)

• On top of this they promote from within alowing you more opportunities than many other companies (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Break time is 10 minutes which is barely enough time to use the restroom and grab a small snack (in 4 reviews)

• Breaks and Lunches are strictly enforced (in 3 reviews)

1. "Operations"

Current Employee - Control Center Specialist
    Current Employee - Control Center Specialist

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was really worried about training because I'd never done anything like this before but the trainers were awesome!!! Everyone is so helpful when I have a question. It’s not perfect, to be accurate it would probably be 4.5 stars but no company is 100% perfect. I plan to apply for promotions after I've been here longer and hopefully move up.

Cons

Nothing really big, I think the minor concerns will be fixed with the expansion.

Advice to Management

Keep giving feedback to employees and listening to ours

"Frustrating and anxiety inducing"

Current Employee - Control Center Specialist in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Control Center Specialist in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is ok. There is frequently overtime available. The health insurance is good. Co workers are good people. Its a growing company in what seems like a growing industry.

Cons

The company just makes it very clear they do not care about you. They write you up (discipline) for everything. For example: 1. Using your allotted personal days, even if you have a doctors note. 2. Make a mistake on an account.

They are expanding right now. At times there are construction workers carrying materials over desks that employees are sitting at, without any warning or visible protective measures taken.

-The breaks and lunches are very micromanaged. Lunches are scheduled for you and can be 3 hours into your shift one day then 5 hours in your shift the next day.

-You get about 1 weekend off every 5 weeks.

-If you want to get promoted you are mostly required to work 2nd or 3rd shift.

-The job itself can be very stressful. In addition to the anxiety of fearing making a mistake could get you terminated.

-You have zero ability to improve the company processes or have your voice heard by management.

Advice to Management

Relax on the strict top-down management structure, operators and supervisors have no input on decision making. Do something to remove the perceived segregation of "downstairs" employees vs "upstairs" employees. Senior management should interact more with their employees.Thank us after you give us 3 months of mandatory overtime.

3. "Operations Specialist"

Former Employee - Operations Specialist in Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - Operations Specialist in Syracuse, NY

I worked at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time (More than a year)

Pros

people are friendly, plenty of overtime available, benefits are alright.

Cons

Management, although friendly, is bound by strict guidelines such as if you call out and do not have any personal time left you will be written up unless you have a note from a doctor. I took my son to the emergency room and had to call out. I was written up. This was a life or death situation and I had the documents from the hospital. It did not matter.

Advice to Management

Loosen up. Give more benefits and really show your employees that they actually matter.

"You get what you put in"

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Rapid is a great company to work for. Free gym membership, 401k plan, paid vacation days, overtime availability, and an expanded facility in the works. There's lots of room to grow, but only if you work hard and have a positive attitude.

Cons

People with time management difficulties might have a hard time with the company as every break and lunch is calculated and monitored closely. This is not an attempt to make employees lives difficult, but to keep track of activity as it can be very busy.

"Awful"

Former Employee - Operator in Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - Operator in Syracuse, NY

I worked at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None except maybe the pay.

Cons

Ask to use bathroom. Can't speak unless spoken to. Micromanaged. Treated very poorly by upper staff. I cried every morning when I got up for work.

Advice to Management

Pointless.

"Great Company to Work For"

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time

Pros

Great pay, good benefits, great management, free pizza Fridays and casual Fridays.

Cons

Construction is always going on.

"Wake up not wanting to go to work each morning kind of job..."

I worked at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time

Pros

Some select employees, and management are courteous and respectful to each other.

Cons

Management is terrible, to the point where they have people leaving on a daily basis.
    HR is so bad that you worry risking your job if you think of reporting something to them ( seems like they're in the managements pockets ).

Advice to Management

Lost cause honestly. Nothing much you can say if they already don't see their policies, attitude, and respect toward their employees is incoherent with a healthy company atmosphere.

"Blah"

Current Employee - Data Entry in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Data Entry in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring (More than a year)

Pros

Pay check benefits break room

Cons

Heaven forbid you get sick and need time off even with a doctors note they write you up

Advice to Management

Stop expecting people to work so much and hunt them down when they get sick

"An OK place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Pros

Health care, 401k, Dental, Friendly co-workers

Cons

It would be a nice place to work if the micromanaging was kept to a minimum. There are so many grey areas and if you ask the same question to any different supervisor on a different day you will get a different answer back. They will start you out saying QA is most important then they will start riding you on productivity which they can not give you a definitive answer as to how it is figured. They took away California paid lunch. They also have no incentive in California, as they do in Syracuse. They will work you seven days straight (not in same work week)., Therefore cheating the employee of any overtime. Then you may get one day off and then have to work another 7day stretch.

"Steady but tedious"

Former Employee - Control Center Specialist in Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - Control Center Specialist in Syracuse, NY

Pros

Caring supervisors, available overtime, good training, great coworkers

Cons

Long stretches of time between days off, extremely strict policies that make you worry for your job security

Advice to Management

Be more understanding and don't stick people on long stretches without days off.