Rapid Response Monitoring Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.6
Russell R. MacDonnell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The company is growing fast and they have been opening up several new positions (in 10 reviews)

• Hoping the promote from within policy is real (in 8 reviews)

Cons

1. "Monitoring and Customer Service"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Corona, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Corona, CA

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the things that really impressed me about Rapid was the structure, I work afternoon hours which are quite busy, especially on certain days of the week. I am assigned to a group of Supervisors, they are very good about assisting and providing feedback. The job could be challenging, but it makes the day go by very fast. I've only been with Rapid just over 7 months and so far everything has been great.

Cons

I would be nice to work overtime, especially now that the holidays are approaching, I have worked some overtime but it is not available that often.

Advice to Management

Some overtime from time to time would be good.

2. "Training and a Winning Culture"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been in the security industry for over a decade and have never seen a company who dedicates so many resources to training and continuous employee performance improvement. As a part of my role I went through 3 months of training with other employees in all the various departments including Operations, Data Entry and Technical.

Prior to working at Rapid Response I had seen several different central stations and the Syracuse facility is by far the most advanced "call center" facility of have ever seen.

I have never been surrounded by so many other professionals who work together towards a common goal.

Cons

Being in sales means a lot of hours and it is not a very fast sales cycle. It takes some time to build up your pipeline.

3. "Positive Evolution in Sales Department"

Current Employee - Regional Account Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Account Manager

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have sold in the alarm and commercial fire space in some way, shape, or form for the past decade. I decided to make a move to the manufacturer's rep portion of the business, and the qualities that drew me to Rapid have proven to be the core pieces that make me want to stay with Rapid.

First of all, this is a Central Station that you can stand behind. The technology and operators are both top-notch, and the services are priced appropriately. If you can't explain value and have sold via low price, only, Rapid is not the place for you. Rapid is light years ahead of what a lot of other places are offering their customers.

We have a sales manager who has high expectations but also has our back. As long as you're hard working and professional, I suspect it will stay that way. He identifies areas for improvement in the business and people and takes action to execute those improvements.

The new building is incredible. Again, there is no other central station like it, and that level of investment ultimately makes your customers' businesses better too.

The benefits are excellent, especially health. I pay the same for a family plan as I did at my last company, but the coverage is excellent. I am saving around 300 dollars a month minimum just on medication and general wellness because it is not high deductible coverage like most current company-sponsored plans.

There are long-tenured employees, and new employees with the tenacity to succeed rise to the top.

Finally, as a sales guy, I can't know everything. There is a large bullpen of really smart people who are ready to help me or my customers.

Cons

It's an outside gig with a very large territory. You are going to be on the road most weeks, and that's hard, but it's nothing that wasn't communicated up front.

You are going to drive more miles than you think you are, and your car is going to cost you more than you may think (there is a car and gas allowance).

You will have some days where you are very frustrated with technology, both because so much of it is new to you, and because some of it has outlived its usefulness.

Advice to Management

Continue to push to evolve into a world class sales organization. Be willing to abandon old practices, if necessary, to complete that evolution. Examine how you can financially compel your people to take the business to the next level. Don't stop investing in technology because we are the central every other one is trying to catch.

"Customer Service"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Corona, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Corona, CA

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is growing fast and they have been opening up several new positions. I like the fact that they truly promote from within, which really makes a big difference, especially for me, since I have always wanted to be part of a stable company where I can put my degree to use and move up as well.
    The training was tough, therefore you absolutely have to give it your 100% in order to do well. Supervisors and Trainers are great, very professional and welcoming which made all the difference for me.
    Some of the policies are strict, especially attendance and the numerous metrics measured. There is also some good competition which is one think I really like, being involved in sports, I always see it as a great thing.

Cons

More activities would be nice, they usually have them every few months

"Not what I expected!"

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I came across their job posting about 8 months ago. I had been previously laid off from my previous job and was looking for something different. I did not expect much coming in here but I have to say everything changed when I started training. Honestly, this is the best training that I have had at an entry level position. Eventually I met the managers and other peers and I fell in love with this place. I look forward to what the future brings. This place continues to grow.

Cons

I cannot think of anything. I've worked at really bad places. It seems like they've got it together here.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you are doing. I like the fact that you interact with everyone and do not sit behind a closed door.

6. "Good Place to Work"

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everything is fast paced. We monitor life and property, so every second counts. I like that you can't take work home, it creates a good balance. The two things that really surprised me was training and the level of support from everyone.

Cons

I haven't encountered anything yet.

Advice to Management

Since we are in a fast paced environment, I would recommend having team building activities so that people can interact with each other.

7. "Motivated"

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everything has been good so far. In the short amount of time that I have been here I have seen the company grow a lot. I am motivated to make this my career. You can see the drive and motivation of those in upper positions. I look forward to learning more.

Cons

My commute is about 40 minutes.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote from within.

8. "Wow at 2am!"

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work overnights and have since I started at Rapid Response about three years ago. Last night I was blown away when I saw the President of the company in the monitoring center at 2am! Everyone is still talking about how he came in and spent time talking to almost everyone working. I was shocked that the person running company would take the time to come in so late at night just to see us.

Cons

I wish I had more time to talk with him. It was great!

Advice to Management

Thank you for caring about us!

9. "He knew my name"

Current Employee - Control Center Specialist in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The entire shift was abuzz last night when the President of the company walked into the monitoring center in the middle of the night!!!! He went around talking to everyone. He asked how we liked the new space and whether the temperature and the chairs were comfortable. What really surprised me most was that he knew my name from when I attended the President’s luncheon a few months ago! That’s a special lunch held monthly where the President takes an employee from each shift and department in the company out for a group lunch in recognition for their outstanding performance. I am glad to be working here. If you’re not, you should be.

Cons

Sometimes working the evening hours can be a little challenging, but when the people running the company make time to come in I feel that it shows us how important we actually are

Advice to Management

Follow the president's lead

10. "What leadership means"

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A bunch of people I work with are planning to post about this too. I have been working for Rapid Response for about a year and last night me and my fellow teammates were shocked to have a visit by the president of the company. He made rounds to every desk and talked to us like he really cared about us as people. He asked questions about how we liked our job, what we thought about the temperature in the new building, if the chairs were comfortably and he told us about the plans for phase two of the construction work. I never even met the president of my last company and here at Rapid he comes to me and in the middle of the night no less. When I was looking for a career change I read reviews on these sites about Rapid so I wanted to be sure I shared this with the readers. This company cares and they understand what true leadership is.

Cons

The job can be stressful at times. I have helped save people many times though and that is truly rewarding!

Advice to Management

Have the President hold more meetings with staff