Rapid Response Monitoring Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 3, 2020

4.7
Rapid Response Monitoring Chairman and CEO Russell R. MacDonnell
Russell R. MacDonnell
  1. "1st job out of college"

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very happy and impressed with Rapid. My supervisors are very helpful in creating a career path for me here. I was made to feel welcome and part of the team right away. The work can be stressful at times but also very rewarding. Benefits are pretty great too. 401K, free gym memberships, health and dental etc..

Cons

Worst part for me is working some of the major holidays

Rapid Response Monitoring2020-03-03
  2. "New to Rapid Response"

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time for less than a year

Pros

I just recently started at Rapid Response. I was initially interested when I met one of their recruiters at my college career fair. I really had no knowledge of the security monitoring industry but was assured that there was a comprehensive training program and most new hires do not have a background in this specific field. I have not been disappointed! The training was awesome and co workers are always eager to help. The benefits are really great and the pay is decent.

Cons

You are sitting down for most of your shift. the desks do raise but I still wish I was able to move around a bit more throughout the day..

Rapid Response Monitoring2020-02-13
  3. "An ACTUALLY great place to work."

Current Employee - Operations Specialist

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great starting pay, Great Benefits, 401k and company contribution to your 401k, Employee Appreciation, Community Involvement, Overtime Available, paid time off so vacation leave is paid, Great environment, You are supported at every step and the work you do is fulfilling.

Cons

The work can be a bit repetative, you work on a rotating schedule that changes about every 5 weeks so your days will change but you do get atleast two schedule runs a year where you have weekends off... It's not really a negative for me since I prefer weekdays off anyway.

Continue reading
    Rapid Response Monitoring2020-02-07
  4. "10 years and counting"

Current Employee - Dealer Support in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have really enjoyed working for Rapid for over 10 years now. I started out in an entry level position and have earned 5 different promotions during my tenure. We are literally 10 times the size we were when I started which has been great to be a part of. The pay is way better than average for Syracuse and the benefits are great! 401k, free gym membership, health, dental etc.

Cons

The only "Con" would be that we do have to work some weekends. In my current position I do however get most weekends and all major holidays off.

Rapid Response Monitoring2020-01-23
  5. "Great"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to work and beautiful building

Cons

Working weekends is not great

Rapid Response Monitoring2019-12-19
  6. "Internal advancement"

Current Employee - Dealer Support Representative in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Granted, our office is amazing and it is important work being done. What has really kept me engaged is the opportunity for advancement. I have been promoted 3 times in my first 2 years in 2 different departments. I would recommend this job to anyone looking to build a solid career rather than just another pit stop among revolving job opportunities.

Cons

This may seem petty but I wish they provided free hot chocolate like they do with coffee :)

Rapid Response Monitoring2019-12-18
  7. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

+Room for advancement +Amazing health insurance +Gym membership +Modern facility; the fire place is my favorite spot to take a break +Guards onsite (who will even walk you to your car with an umbrella when it's raining) +Generous PTO time (I've been here almost 10 years and will have 180 hours in January) +Monday thru Friday schedule for my position (paid holidays off) +401K

Cons

When you first start out you have to work weekends and holidays but they only promote from within so if you are good at your job and personable that can be changed quickly in another position.

Rapid Response Monitoring2019-12-02
  8. "Really nice place to work"

Current Employee - Operations in Syracuse, NY

Pros

I have been here for a few years now and the growth we have seen is amazing. I appreciate the upward mobility and excellent training. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for more than just a job. In my experience this is a place to start a career.

Cons

I have not had any negative feelings about Rapid.

Rapid Response Monitoring2019-11-06
  9. "New to Rapid"

Current Employee - Control Center Specialist in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Rapid Response Monitoring full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Health Benefits -401K with Match -Free Gym memberships - Flexible Schedules Overall a pretty rewarding place to work.

Cons

You will have to work on some weekends and holidays...

Rapid Response Monitoring2019-10-15
  10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Operations in Syracuse, NY

Pros

Really nice office in a great part of syracuse! They brought in an ice cream truck for us last week which was pretty amazing. I have been here for just over 3 years and couldnt be more satisfied at this point. The training program is really good and I love my co workers!

Cons

I honestly dont have anything negative to say

Rapid Response Monitoring2019-10-15