RapidAdvance Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 22, 2019

3.6
Will Tumulty

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Continue striving to be the best"

Former Employee - Business Advisor in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Business Advisor in Detroit, MI

I worked at RapidAdvance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're looking for a company where you can get the best sales training in the world, work with phenomenal leaders, and have a team that will support you from day 1, then look no further than RapidAdvance.

RapidAdvance will spend the time with anyone who's eager to learn and hungry to win. You'll have endless support from your director, other teams directors, the phenomenal coach guru they have on staff, and even the site leader himself...

If you work hard and develop a process, you'll do very well. If you stay and continue to grow your book, this could be a career where you can live very comfortable.

Saving the best for last, the culture is by far the best of this company. Going to work with people that you consider more than just a co-worker, but more like a co-family worker. The energy is high and for those willing to learn, will be taught everything they need to know.

Cons

Like every company going through growing pains, Rapid had a share of its cons, but it's not like this for everyone. I would notice individuals struggling with these items below:

- Working on goal time, not clock time. If you're not producing, your effort better be there. If it is and you're still not hitting goal, it me may not be the best place for you.
    - Weekend workdays where if you haven't hit goal, you will be expected to come in.
    - You do have to play the office politics game.
    - If you aren't "always selling" you may hear about it from across the room.
    - You may at times feel like you're not always putting the client in the best position. If you fail to "sell" on these points than it can be looked down on. This could be different now.
    - Their can be a lot of meetings in a given week.

Advice to Management

Keep on training and working towards putting the client in the best position possible. You have an amazing group of people. Starting with the leadership, all the way down to new hires.

I personally thank RapidAdvance for the many things they provided me. I would highly recommend for a sales job this be the first place to look.

2. "Sales"

I worked at RapidAdvance full-time

Pros

A very chill environment, free snacks in the kitchen, free breakfast one day a week, friendly employees

Cons

Can be very clique-ish. The sales department felt like working with a bunch of high school jocks.

"Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at RapidAdvance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very nice office, colorful like Google. Close to the metro and downtown Bethesda.

Cons

Run, run, run! This place is a total scam. It's a loan shark company. There are peaks and valleys with their money management. There is a breakfast once a week and snacks. They had to fire half the company one day recently. Luckily, I made the cut but sad to see my co-workers tossed into the street like that. Does not present job security. Payment is incredibly low as their funds are spend elsewhere. Terrible managerial skills. Run while you can. Now that I know the truth, I will be leaving soon.

Advice to Management

Invest more in employees. Maybe it will decrease turnover.

"Company changed once under new management"

I worked at RapidAdvance full-time

Pros

The company gives the outward appearance of being a great place to work by having events like monthly "birthday/anniversary" celebrations and offering free healthy food for the employees to snack on.

Cons

Some legacy employees, from prior to the buyout by Rock Ventures (Dan Gilbert), ended up in positions for which they are not qualified. At least that was the case when I left the company.

The management between departments is inconsistent.

Advice to Management

Evaluate your employees based on their overall competency, the effort they put forth, and their ability to get the job done; not by how their managers and HR feels about them personally. Eliminate the obvious “cliques” (to use a politically correct idiom because the accurate idiom is not) and make a more concerted effort to keep the truly valuable employees.

"Peaks and Valleys"

Current Employee - Five9 Administrator in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Five9 Administrator in Detroit, MI

I have been working at RapidAdvance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are definite pros to working at RapidAdvance. The culture is amazing - both the Bethesda and Detroit offices were named Top Workplaces from their respective local newspapers. Senior leadership is very accessible and most keep an open-door policy. I personally love the team I work on and get to be involved in meetings that are well-above my pay grade. I've gotten to work on projects that are outside of my job description and it has been very rewarding/fulfilling. I have definitely gained a wealth of knowledge from both my direct supervisor and even those above him in the hierarchy that both directly pertains to my job and also that

Cons

It is hard to see the direction of the company. It is a relatively older company in the space, as it was founded in 2005, but recently was bought by Dan Gilbert and now finds itself as part of the Quicken Loans family of companies. The different locations seem to be pulling in different directions and there isn't a great line of communication between management in the two offices. The other big con in my view is that the company is heavily geared towards the sales team. Much of the management has a sales-heavy background and has trouble finding the right compensation structure for team members that don't fall into the sales category. Another downer for me is that the HR department is relatively unorganized and seems more focused on finding new talent to grow the company than taking care of the employees that are already there.

Advice to Management

Keep your (relatively) open door policy. It's nice to know that you can have a direct line of communication to upper management. Continue to pull people into conversations where you think their skill set can be advantageous, regardless of their job title. But also, realize the talent you have inside your walls and make sure they are valued even if they don't explicitly add to the bottom line.

"Complete disaster"

Former Employee - Marketing Analyst in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Marketing Analyst in Bethesda, MD

I worked at RapidAdvance (Less than a year)

Pros

They provide healthy snacks and continental breakfast once a week. Nice office space. Monthly employee social events. The pay is competitive.

Cons

Management is unorganized. The benefits package isn't very good. They don't offer tuition reimbursement. They offer very little PTO. The software technology seems very out dated.

Advice to Management

Hire people who have management experience and that actually want to manage people.

7. "Sales"

Pros

Bagels served in Friday, drinks and snacks served for,free

Cons

Talk terrible to employees, treat them as lower than everyone else

8. "Great for Entry Level Job Seekers"

Pros

Great Company Events
    Pretty Cool Office
    Metro and parking reimbursement
    great benefits

Cons

The pay is not enough for the cost of living in the DC Area
    All employees aren't treated with the same level of respect or given the same privileges as others.

"Business Advisor"

Current Employee - Business Advisor in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Business Advisor in Detroit, MI

I have been working at RapidAdvance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working for RapidAdvance for over a year now. Words can't describe the impact that this career has made on my life. The culture is very family oriented. It really feels like everyone cares about each other and wants to see each other succeed. The leadership team is in the trenches with you every single day and leads by example instead of just barking orders. We set goal for ourselves and we smash through those goals. The most rewarding part of being a Business Advisor is seeing the impact that you are making on small business across America. The working capital that we provided business changes lives and impacts so many families.

Cons

Hours are long and the expectations are set. Your clients are business owners so you will need to make yourself available when they are. The commission doesn't really have a cap to it so you will want to work as much as you can

Advice to Management

Keep caring about your people. Keep leading by example and keep an open door policy.

10. "Not great"

I worked at RapidAdvance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Few things, they have a nice cafeteria/break room

Cons

Everything else leaves MUCH to be desired

Advice to Management

GOOD LUCK