Raseri Reviews | Glassdoor

Rick Knutsen

1. "CAREER not a Job"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Worthington, OH
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Worthington, OH

I have been working at Raseri full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was a little hesitant to interview with this company because they randomly called me one day and invited me in the next day but I am so glad that I did. The opportunity Raseri Columbus provides is unlike any other. I don't have much experience so I didn't think I could find a position this fast that has such an outstanding training program for quick advancement in the business field. I've only been here for a little over a month but the amount of growth not only within the business but also within myself has really surprised me. I surprise myself everyday with the amount of leadership experience I've gain in so little time.

Cons

Everything is a little overwhelming at first. There is a lot of dedication for this career path. This position isn't for everyone. This position takes a strong, motivated, individual that's ready to put the work in to be successful.

Advice to Management

It would be cool if we could take a new group picture so I could be on the website! Also, I see hear a lot of my coworkers talking about business trips out of state. I would love to do some traveling here soon!!

"WARNING! Scam scam scam."

Former Employee - Leader in Perrysburg, OH
    Former Employee - Leader in Perrysburg, OH

I worked at Raseri full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unparalleled lifetime learning experience. If you could survive a few months here, you will thrive at any other job.

Cons

Hours. Say goodbye to your personal life. They force you to socialize with your collegue AFTER the work and you will have to pay for any expenses out of your pocket. Always. Compensation. Flat out a lie. In reality, 100~250/week is what you should expect. I have seen someone get paid under 50 bucks for a several weeks in a row after he has dedicated his life to this BS. Just sad. They will make you practice a decepting, meaningless, repetitive, fake interviews and send you out there with dreamful young applicants so that you can allure them into the living hell. I could go on and on all day long but it will be a huge waste of time.. Just pay attention to the honest reviews and start thinking why there is such a extreme bipolarity. It's pretty obvious..

Advice to Management

Please stop lying and start paying what they deserve. Btw, I wish there was a 0 star because 1 star is just too much for them.

"Too Good to be True - No Pay all Scam"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Perrysburg, OH

Pros

Everyone gets hired. No joke. I have an average resume and so does my brother. The HR found us both and called us. We never even applied for the job.

They use so many buzzwords that it makes you feel like you are part of something encouraging and exciting. Everyone starts out as an account manager and wears a suit. Sounds pretty important doesn't it?

Cons

Everything is deceptive right from the first interview. Direct questions about compensation and the exact work are bounced around with no answer. They use buzzwords about entrepreneurship but don't actually tell you that the whole job is commission (a poor commission at that) door2door sales job.

With that they want you to believe all of this scam because you work with pretty ladies, go out to the bars after work, and are demanded to give up all of your personal life for hanging out with the company people. Look at the work hours: 11AM-6PM, which they don't tell you until after you're hired. They do this to ensure you have no personal life.

BTW, you are expected to do all of the door2door sales work with your own vehicle in the roughest neighborhoods of East Toledo and South East Michigan. I guess now, that they have moved to Worthington you will be asked to do the same in Columbus. At the interveiw they tell you you are working directly with clients, no cold calling required. You're not working with anyone. You are begging them to buy crap they have already refused to buy before; many times.

Look at all of the other reviews. They talk about the value of hard work, discipline, earning a commission that could make them rich. The reality is all of this work could be done without the Raseri scam. You could go door2door and sell any product or service without their help because they give you nothing except cheesy motivational talks. If you use half the time you would with them investing in yourself you could become a half decent salesperson and keep 100% of everything you earned!

Advice to Management

Quit writing fake reviews on these websites from your HR or more likely stop threatening your current employees (who last for a few days on average) to write perfect reviews.

Googling the Raseri name and all of the other MLM schemes that sprung out of the previous rendition of the company is quite obvious. You cannot hide it and it's only going to get worse. Start with Cydcor and work your way down.

A wonder how long it will be before law enforcement or FBI are raiding these places. That must be why they change their name and location so often.

"Account Representative"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Perrysburg, OH

I worked at Raseri (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly Environment to work in, everyone is very helpful

Cons

Door-to-door sales, low compensation, and very long hours

Advice to Management

...........

"A very good learning experience with ample opportunity to grow!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Toledo, OH

I worked at Raseri full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are lots of great reasons to work at Raseri. For one, there is a very positive work environment. People are constantly willing to help out in any way they can. It is also very competitive. For me, that was definitely a pro for working here. I liked the team atmosphere, and the competition always drove performance both in sales and in leadership. Strong performance was always rewarded. Our client always had a good bonus structure that rewarded top performers while remaining fair to the average performers. This position is commission based, so people who are money driven can really excel without being capped off by a salary. Another pro is the fact that they are business professional. Suits and ties every day. This company develops a professional mindset from the way you dress to the way you conduct business. Their system teaches training, development, interviewing, and management strategies to help open your own company. The merit based approach is a very nurturing system which will challenge people, but at the same time ensures that the new business that comes out of Raseri is a strong, long lasting business. Statistics do say most businesses fail within the first 1-2 years, and Raseri is a company that works hard to make sure those new businesses are a success. Finally, the last pro would be the relationships created while working here. The work environment is very fun. Work hard, play hard is their mantra. In the time I worked there, I attended several office functions, from cookouts to holiday parties, as well as their numerous office nights where we would do several fun activities such as karaoke, bowling, dodgeball, volleyball, cornhole, scavenger hunts, flag football, etc. I made tons of great friends at Raseri, as well as many professional contacts through the networking opportunities we had.

Cons

While all of the pros are great reasons to work at Raseri, there are a few things that may deter people from working here. This box says to describe some of the challenges of working here, and there are several. Challenges aren't necessarily a bad thing, but they are necessary to develop strong entrepreneurs. Nobody ever said this career path would be easy, but the development program is absolutely real, and there is nothing deceptive about it. One of the challenges of working here is the work/life balance at the beginning. The normal hours are 11-8:30 Monday-Friday, and Saturdays 9-4. This includes a couple hours in the office, and several hours being brand managers for the client. However, those are just the set hours. There is a lot going on behind the scenes that the managers do to further enhance the development of the people in the office. There are meetings that happen before the day starts, and there are several office functions throughout the week that are not mandatory, but strongly recommended. As I stated in the pros, these functions are all very enjoyable, and they even welcome family and friends, but at the same time, there is not a whole lot of time allotted for people to have a balanced home life. As I said before, being a successful entrepreneur isn't easy. If it were easy, everyone would be doing it. However, if someone who works at Raseri is willing to live with a couple years of an unbalanced life, they will be rewarded with a care free life after the work is put in. Another challenge is the work itself. In the office, there is a lot of information given during the meetings. That information must be applied to the work they do every day in order to be successful. Everything must be written down. Once the meetings are over, the sales and marketing begins. One of the things that is abundantly clear on the interview is that people start from the bottom. It is merit based, therefore everyone starts at the same position and works their way up. At the beginning, people are trained in the field about the current client. They do business to residential normally, so yes, for the layman, that does mean going to people's doors. I am constantly baffled at people who thought they were deceived on the interview. I worked there for over 2 years, and while it wasn't the most enjoyable work, I never felt mislead by the interview process. I knew what I was getting myself into, and I knew what the opportunity was. Yes, it is a challenge to do a B2R campaign. That is why there are so many young, motivated individuals. Lots of people aren't willing to do this type of work. That's why certain people achieve wealth. They work their tails off to be their own boss. It's the process that is the challenge. Everyone uses their own cars to get to their territories. Mileage and maintenance is a tax write off, not a reimbursement. That is a challenge, but so many people let that become a roadblock for them. Very rarely did I see someone truly see the big picture. Once someone did, they succeeded.

Advice to Management

Continue rewarding those who excel, and continue the public praise. That will cause the rest of the office to rise to their level.

"Door to do sales position"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Perrysburg, OH

I worked at Raseri full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employees were very kind, but too invested in the company culture. The woman who hired me (evidently I was on her "team," something that was never explained to me) was wonderful-- and has since left Raseri.

Cons

This is a direct door to door, 100% commission based job. You'll be told at your second interview that training will be paid-- it isn't. You just take some of your trainer's commission. The hours you're expected to put it (unpaid) are long and not worth it, especially when you're expected to wander your T (territory) from 1 pm to 8:30-9pm all week and a "half day" on Saturdays. The schedule and expectations are stressful and exhausting. As a "future leader" you have to attend two mandatory meetings where the CEO/manager explains how he made it into the company. Office nights are mandatory and those who don't attend for whatever reason (exhaustion, too broke, no gas, want time with your family) are looked down on and often shamed. Those who leave the company are disrespected by employees and are called lazy, unmotivated, etc. Also, if someone leaves you're never told why.

The entire time I was at Raseri I was fed lies about how easy it was to move up the company. In reality I went sent into unsafe areas alone-- I was verbally harassed by men, had the cops called on me, was verbally abused by people who had no desire to deal with a soliciter, and I was strongly discouraged from carrying a bag with me (to hold water bottles) and bathroom breaks were never an option.

We were told lies by account managers and management that was passed on to customers. The level of dishonesty and exploitation there is absolutely appalling. Raseri preys on recent college graduates struggling to find employment. The number of people who came and went during my time at Raseri was unbelievable. Some would show up for their first day and never return.

Advice to Management

Transparency- this company is ethically and morally bankrupt. Stop lying to prospective new hires.

"fun and challenging place to work"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Perrysburg, OH

I have been working at Raseri full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This place allows young professionals to develop their communication skills as well as their entrepreneurial skils.
    Family environment makes for a motivating to place to work

Cons

The program is very black and white and sometimes it is very competitive to get rewarded.

Advice to Management

Sometimes we are held to a very high standard and we are held accountable every time

"More or Less a Scam"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Perrysburg, OH

Pros

-Fun working environment
    -Friendly coworkers, eager to help
    -Pay can be pretty good if you make a lot of sales

Cons

-Virtually everything else about the company
    -They claim to give you paid training and do not
    -The online job descriptions say things like "Develops, implements and maintains processes, procedures and programs to improve customer service", but in reality it is a door to door sales job selling cable and internet.
    -They teach you ways to trick customers into buying the product, telling you to not leave them alone until you receive three "no's". (this really tends to anger disinterested people)
    -If you like irritating people while they are at their home and trying to manipulate them into buying something they do not need, this is the job for you.
    -If you cannot land a sale (meaning, if everyone in the neighborhood you are assigned to is not a complete sucker) then you will not have an income.
    -The employee turnover is an absolute disaster. I saw 7 people get hired and/or quit during the very short time I was there (not including myself).
    -Did not get home from work until around 8:30 every evening, which would have been fine if we didn't start at 10 am.
    -Bottom line: avoid this company unless you have nowhere else to turn, especially if you have a college degree. They try to lure you in by saying it is a job worthy of a college graduate, it is not. It is not a job worthy of a middle school graduate.

Advice to Management

-Quit being so deceitful, and for goodness sake quit padding your reviews on glassdoor.com. Seriously, nobody is stupid enough to believe that all 4 of the reviews that were place on Sept 1 were coincidence, especially since they are all extremely positive and full of moronic clichés. If you are going to pad the reviews at least spread them out and make them look legit.

"This is NOT my destination, it's my journey"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Perrysburg, OH
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Perrysburg, OH

I have been working at Raseri full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

First the people are friendly and positive. They aren't selfish and they are eager to lend a helping hand. They teach you everything what you need to know and later you have to teach them what you have learned such as theories.

Secondly, this job taught me on communication with others, being courageous, goal setting and time management. Time is precious but it is easily wasted such as working at this job takes 100% hark work and you have to be welling, to step outside your comfort zone. Thank you for the experience and it time for me SPEND my quality time on my true purpose.

Cons

Hard Work is a 100% if you want nice paycheck. Unfortunately, this job isn't for me because I'm not good at making six apps a week so I don't want to waste anymore time or gas, any longer. So I will take my talented/ competitive self somewhere else.

"raseri incorporated had helped be become a young professional."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Perrysburg, OH

I have been working at Raseri full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Every day is a new challenge. I came from a background in engineering and I wasn't sure if I would be the most qualified for the position but my hard work pulled through.

It's nice to be appreciated for hard work. The manager really cares about everybody who works at raseri, and if someone takes the time to look, they will see that.

I've worked a lot of jobs where a promotion was unheard of, but the manager gives a promotion to people who work for it.

Cons

The biggest challenge I've had working here has been learning to get comfortable with the uncomfortable. I learn new skills every day and to me it's like building a muscle, it's uncomfortable to do at first, but eventually it gets easier.

I didn't know what to expect my first day at raseri, but I knew if I went in with an open mind I would learn a lot more than if I went in searching for negatives. Every day is a new step in my career no matter what challenge stands in my way.

Advice to Management

Coming from someone who received multiple promotions from the company, I wouldn't worry too much about people who aren't willing to put in the time to understand the business model, there are always other positions that need filled at other companies.

This is a work hard, play hard company and it's not for people who want to sit the bench.