Raseri Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "CAREER not a Job"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Worthington, OH
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Worthington, OH

I have been working at Raseri full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was a little hesitant to interview with this company because they randomly called me one day and invited me in the next day but I am so glad that I did. The opportunity Raseri Columbus provides is unlike any other. I don't have much experience so I didn't think I could find a position this fast that has such an outstanding training program for quick advancement in the business field. I've only been here for a little over a month but the amount of growth not only within the business but also within myself has really surprised me. I surprise myself everyday with the amount of leadership experience I've gain in so little time.

Cons

Everything is a little overwhelming at first. There is a lot of dedication for this career path. This position isn't for everyone. This position takes a strong, motivated, individual that's ready to put the work in to be successful.

Advice to Management

It would be cool if we could take a new group picture so I could be on the website! Also, I see hear a lot of my coworkers talking about business trips out of state. I would love to do some traveling here soon!!

"WARNING! Scam scam scam."

Former Employee - Leader in Perrysburg, OH
    Former Employee - Leader in Perrysburg, OH

I worked at Raseri full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unparalleled lifetime learning experience. If you could survive a few months here, you will thrive at any other job.

Cons

Hours. Say goodbye to your personal life. They force you to socialize with your collegue AFTER the work and you will have to pay for any expenses out of your pocket. Always. Compensation. Flat out a lie. In reality, 100~250/week is what you should expect. I have seen someone get paid under 50 bucks for a several weeks in a row after he has dedicated his life to this BS. Just sad. They will make you practice a decepting, meaningless, repetitive, fake interviews and send you out there with dreamful young applicants so that you can allure them into the living hell. I could go on and on all day long but it will be a huge waste of time.. Just pay attention to the honest reviews and start thinking why there is such a extreme bipolarity. It's pretty obvious..

Advice to Management

Please stop lying and start paying what they deserve. Btw, I wish there was a 0 star because 1 star is just too much for them.

"Too Good to be True - No Pay all Scam"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Perrysburg, OH

Pros

Everyone gets hired. No joke. I have an average resume and so does my brother. The HR found us both and called us. We never even applied for the job.

They use so many buzzwords that it makes you feel like you are part of something encouraging and exciting. Everyone starts out as an account manager and wears a suit. Sounds pretty important doesn't it?

Cons

Everything is deceptive right from the first interview. Direct questions about compensation and the exact work are bounced around with no answer. They use buzzwords about entrepreneurship but don't actually tell you that the whole job is commission (a poor commission at that) door2door sales job.

With that they want you to believe all of this scam because you work with pretty ladies, go out to the bars after work, and are demanded to give up all of your personal life for hanging out with the company people. Look at the work hours: 11AM-6PM, which they don't tell you until after you're hired. They do this to ensure you have no personal life.

BTW, you are expected to do all of the door2door sales work with your own vehicle in the roughest neighborhoods of East Toledo and South East Michigan. I guess now, that they have moved to Worthington you will be asked to do the same in Columbus. At the interveiw they tell you you are working directly with clients, no cold calling required. You're not working with anyone. You are begging them to buy crap they have already refused to buy before; many times.

Look at all of the other reviews. They talk about the value of hard work, discipline, earning a commission that could make them rich. The reality is all of this work could be done without the Raseri scam. You could go door2door and sell any product or service without their help because they give you nothing except cheesy motivational talks. If you use half the time you would with them investing in yourself you could become a half decent salesperson and keep 100% of everything you earned!

Advice to Management

Quit writing fake reviews on these websites from your HR or more likely stop threatening your current employees (who last for a few days on average) to write perfect reviews.

Googling the Raseri name and all of the other MLM schemes that sprung out of the previous rendition of the company is quite obvious. You cannot hide it and it's only going to get worse. Start with Cydcor and work your way down.

A wonder how long it will be before law enforcement or FBI are raiding these places. That must be why they change their name and location so often.

"Account Representative"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Perrysburg, OH
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Perrysburg, OH

I worked at Raseri (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly Environment to work in, everyone is very helpful

Cons

Door-to-door sales, low compensation, and very long hours

Advice to Management

...........

"Perfect if you like door to door"

Pros

face to face contact with customers

Cons

door to door no matter what the weather is doing, long hours unpaid, solely commission, if one does not attend office nights, it is a HUGE deal, many guilt trips about it.

Advice to Management

explain pay better at second interview, and actually let people know before day 1 of training that it is door to door.

"Fun place to work"

Current Employee - Lead Account Manager
    Current Employee - Lead Account Manager

I have been working at Raseri full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really like the fun work environment and the people I work with. Everyone is really helpful and I like that the president of the company is always readily available and has an "open door policy". They do lots of fun office events and charity events which I think is cool because none of the other companies I have worked for have done anything like that. The training is really good as well. I came straight out of college so I haven't had any sales/marketing experience but I think I have learned more in the short time I've been here than at any other position in any other company. So far I'm really enjoying what I do here and I can see a long term career opportunity.

Cons

The interview process is pretty extensive. They do three rounds of interviews and I have some friends that also applied that didn't get invited back for the second interview.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

"If you like going door to door"

I worked at Raseri full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with customers face to face. I like sales, so the sales side was cool. Other than that not much else is a pro here.

Cons

door-to-door and commission only, didn't receive my last pay check for over a month after fighting with them for that long. I took the position in having an open mind with what we were doing. After a few doors slammed and dinners interrupted I had to quit. I thought appointments were already set up and they were not.

Advice to Management

Pay the employees on time in addition to being up front on the phone about what you guys do. I had no clue what this position even was when I called in. I thought I would be working inside an office - not going door to door.

"A very good learning experience with ample opportunity to grow!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Toledo, OH

I worked at Raseri full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are lots of great reasons to work at Raseri. For one, there is a very positive work environment. People are constantly willing to help out in any way they can. It is also very competitive. For me, that was definitely a pro for working here. I liked the team atmosphere, and the competition always drove performance both in sales and in leadership. Strong performance was always rewarded. Our client always had a good bonus structure that rewarded top performers while remaining fair to the average performers. This position is commission based, so people who are money driven can really excel without being capped off by a salary. Another pro is the fact that they are business professional. Suits and ties every day. This company develops a professional mindset from the way you dress to the way you conduct business. Their system teaches training, development, interviewing, and management strategies to help open your own company. The merit based approach is a very nurturing system which will challenge people, but at the same time ensures that the new business that comes out of Raseri is a strong, long lasting business. Statistics do say most businesses fail within the first 1-2 years, and Raseri is a company that works hard to make sure those new businesses are a success. Finally, the last pro would be the relationships created while working here. The work environment is very fun. Work hard, play hard is their mantra. In the time I worked there, I attended several office functions, from cookouts to holiday parties, as well as their numerous office nights where we would do several fun activities such as karaoke, bowling, dodgeball, volleyball, cornhole, scavenger hunts, flag football, etc. I made tons of great friends at Raseri, as well as many professional contacts through the networking opportunities we had.

Cons

While all of the pros are great reasons to work at Raseri, there are a few things that may deter people from working here. This box says to describe some of the challenges of working here, and there are several. Challenges aren't necessarily a bad thing, but they are necessary to develop strong entrepreneurs. Nobody ever said this career path would be easy, but the development program is absolutely real, and there is nothing deceptive about it. One of the challenges of working here is the work/life balance at the beginning. The normal hours are 11-8:30 Monday-Friday, and Saturdays 9-4. This includes a couple hours in the office, and several hours being brand managers for the client. However, those are just the set hours. There is a lot going on behind the scenes that the managers do to further enhance the development of the people in the office. There are meetings that happen before the day starts, and there are several office functions throughout the week that are not mandatory, but strongly recommended. As I stated in the pros, these functions are all very enjoyable, and they even welcome family and friends, but at the same time, there is not a whole lot of time allotted for people to have a balanced home life. As I said before, being a successful entrepreneur isn't easy. If it were easy, everyone would be doing it. However, if someone who works at Raseri is willing to live with a couple years of an unbalanced life, they will be rewarded with a care free life after the work is put in. Another challenge is the work itself. In the office, there is a lot of information given during the meetings. That information must be applied to the work they do every day in order to be successful. Everything must be written down. Once the meetings are over, the sales and marketing begins. One of the things that is abundantly clear on the interview is that people start from the bottom. It is merit based, therefore everyone starts at the same position and works their way up. At the beginning, people are trained in the field about the current client. They do business to residential normally, so yes, for the layman, that does mean going to people's doors. I am constantly baffled at people who thought they were deceived on the interview. I worked there for over 2 years, and while it wasn't the most enjoyable work, I never felt mislead by the interview process. I knew what I was getting myself into, and I knew what the opportunity was. Yes, it is a challenge to do a B2R campaign. That is why there are so many young, motivated individuals. Lots of people aren't willing to do this type of work. That's why certain people achieve wealth. They work their tails off to be their own boss. It's the process that is the challenge. Everyone uses their own cars to get to their territories. Mileage and maintenance is a tax write off, not a reimbursement. That is a challenge, but so many people let that become a roadblock for them. Very rarely did I see someone truly see the big picture. Once someone did, they succeeded.

Advice to Management

Continue rewarding those who excel, and continue the public praise. That will cause the rest of the office to rise to their level.

"Door to do sales position"

I worked at Raseri full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employees were very kind, but too invested in the company culture. The woman who hired me (evidently I was on her "team," something that was never explained to me) was wonderful-- and has since left Raseri.

Cons

This is a direct door to door, 100% commission based job. You'll be told at your second interview that training will be paid-- it isn't. You just take some of your trainer's commission. The hours you're expected to put it (unpaid) are long and not worth it, especially when you're expected to wander your T (territory) from 1 pm to 8:30-9pm all week and a "half day" on Saturdays. The schedule and expectations are stressful and exhausting. As a "future leader" you have to attend two mandatory meetings where the CEO/manager explains how he made it into the company. Office nights are mandatory and those who don't attend for whatever reason (exhaustion, too broke, no gas, want time with your family) are looked down on and often shamed. Those who leave the company are disrespected by employees and are called lazy, unmotivated, etc. Also, if someone leaves you're never told why.

The entire time I was at Raseri I was fed lies about how easy it was to move up the company. In reality I went sent into unsafe areas alone-- I was verbally harassed by men, had the cops called on me, was verbally abused by people who had no desire to deal with a soliciter, and I was strongly discouraged from carrying a bag with me (to hold water bottles) and bathroom breaks were never an option.

We were told lies by account managers and management that was passed on to customers. The level of dishonesty and exploitation there is absolutely appalling. Raseri preys on recent college graduates struggling to find employment. The number of people who came and went during my time at Raseri was unbelievable. Some would show up for their first day and never return.

Advice to Management

Transparency- this company is ethically and morally bankrupt. Stop lying to prospective new hires.

"If you want to be in control of your life, this is a great opportunity!"

Pros

Constantly surrounded by motivated people, a group that always wants to help you reach your goals. So many opportunities to travel, one of my personal favorite things. I love that everything is merit-based and that hard work is rewarded. I wake up every morning excited to go to the office and take on the day!

Cons

The manager, Rick, is better than me at ping pong; he is very competitive and gets upset whenever I beat him.

Advice to Management

Keep running a killer office!