Rauxa Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Gina Alshuler

Pros
  • The people who work here are driven as heck, make each day fun, often quirky (in 7 reviews)

• I met some really great people there (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Any semblance of work/life balance is non-existent (in 8 reviews)

• No challenge and no support from upper management (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Rauxa full-time

Pros

Great environment, great people, beer cart Fridays, Amazing CEO, and room to grow. The CEO Gina and founder Jill are really nice and stop to say hi to every employee, regardless of their job title.

Cons

I have no complaints so far about this company.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

2. "Account Supervisor"

Current Employee - Great Company, Great People! in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Great Company, Great People! in New York, NY

I have been working at Rauxa full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Positive, strong and supportive company culture
    - Collaborative environment
    - Friendly coworkers
    - Support from upper management
    - Room for professional growth (promotions)
    - New employee training
    - Hardworking and dedicated teams

Cons

I have no complaints.

3. "Account Supervisor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Rauxa full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great on-boarding process for new hires.
    Positive company culture & morale.
    Room for career growth & development.
    On-going support from Managers.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons.

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Rauxa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rauxa is an ever evolving company that is constantly striving for ways to better their clientele, employee standards and overall organization. They are very keen on agency trends, national marketing initiatives and expanding agency capabilities. My job demands dedication but also comes with flexibility, cool clients and interesting work.

Cons

In the past, work-life balance has been just a "term" used but the organization has put forth an amazing effort in ensuring that employees work-life balance is met. Because Rauxa is growing so quickly, they have the tendency of hiring people that aren't fit for a particular role.

"Great company culture, people, and overall place to work"

Current Employee - Account Supervisor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Supervisor in New York, NY

I have been working at Rauxa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people and culture are great. The people I've met and had the opportunity to work with are amazing. I love being able to learn from my peers. The company culture is something that Rauxa takes seriously and the importance of what makes a good “Rauxan”. The company core values aren’t just words, but things the CEO and senior leadership work to demonstrate and encourage in others.

Though not all teams are created equal, I truly value my manager. He has helped me to learn and grown in my career and take on new projects and opportunities. If you take it seriously, Rauxa is a place where you can advance in your career and be rewarded for your hard work.

Cons

Grew too quickly and are experiencing some growing pains. However, over time I feel these will get ironed out.

It is an agency so there are times you need to go with the flow and work late. But there’s a sense of team unity when this occurs. Where most agencies these long nights are the norm, at Rauxa this is usually the exception.

Advice to Management

Continue the transparency and honest conversations. Work to ensure consistency across all office locations. Continue to listen to the employees and take action; it’s rare to have a company take what the employees say so seriously and work to make the necessary improvements. Keep it up!

"Steer clear of this company"

I worked at Rauxa full-time

Pros

There is a weekly ration of free snacks

Cons

Management at the executive level is a farce with little to no experience outside this company. This is not a collaborative agency where ideas are welcome. Every project struggles and the quality of work is usually mediocre at best. The blatant favoritism is laughable.

"Senior Web Analyst"

Former Employee - Senior Web Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Web Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Rauxa full-time

Pros

Nice office, occasionally you meet cool people there.

Cons

People got promoted because they patted on the right backs, and you know once these people got promoted, they are not going to hire people who are capable as the highly competent underlings will see them through... and this, created a never ending, highly toxic environment at Rauxa.

You will not get the support you need to get job done as mid and senior management is highly incompetent and have NO idea what they or you are doing. Their incompetence borders on the absurd and laughable.

Advice to Management

Please hire and promote the right people, those whose heart is at the right place and are competent, not those who patted your back and played politics right.

"Had high hopes... But ultimately, hugely disappointed..."

Pros

Great looking office space - a former architects office, I believe.

Cons

Horrible attitudes. VERY superficial. Lots and LOTS of inefficient, time-wasting, processes - all billable to the client, of course. Long hours. And an account team that runs unchecked - forcing huge creative burnout, and bitterness. High turnover, as a result. I would avoid them. Unless you're a total newbie that doesn't know better. Then these things probably don't matter, as you haven't gained enough professional experience under your belt, and their "turn & burn" mentality, and related attitudes, won't be such a disappointment.

Advice to Management

Get your act together. Collectively - at ALL levels - you over complicate things to the point of continual chaos. All of which is SO unnecessary, is there was some truly clear thinking going on.

"Not for everyone, but I love Rauxa."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Rauxa full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a very hardworking environment, where people thrive on positivity and the ultimate "can do" approach to everything. Success at Rauxa is really all about living the values and doing the right thing for clients, and as agencies go it's for the most part a meritocracy. Do what's truly right for the client and for the agency and you get recognized and rewarded. As an independent shop there aren't a lot of layers, so your successes really get noticed. And lots of smart, talented people at all levels.

Cons

All this positivity and "can do" culture is just not for everyone. And sometimes it frustrates employees when the Agency's spirit is to work so hard for the success of our clients. You won't find a place that refuses to say "no" as consistently as Rauxa, and that can make it an especially challenging place that's not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep at it. Live and reinforce the values, and do what it takes to fix what's not working. You've finally got some great momentum going.

"They're building something great."

Current Employee - Executive Producer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Executive Producer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Rauxa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Rauxa's interested in growth and expansion and is making moves to do it. I was brought on to open their Seattle office, and it's all moving in the right direction. There's an excellent Account VP and a fantastic creative staff. Things are definitely moving in the right direction.

Cons

Mostly just our impatience. As we grow our Seattle office, we want it all now. But it will take some time. Fortunately, the right moves are being made.

Advice to Management

There's a lot of growth potential in Seattle. Looking at that market was a great idea. Keep the focus on it and let the team do what they're doing.