Rauxa Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Gina Alshuler

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I met some really great people there (in 9 reviews)

• Great work environment and talented people across all departments (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Any semblance of work/life balance is non-existent (in 7 reviews)

• Executives and upper management are out of touch with the demands of the day to day, especially if you work on Fios (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Rauxa full-time

Pros

Great environment, great people, beer cart Fridays, Amazing CEO, and room to grow. The CEO Gina and founder Jill are really nice and stop to say hi to every employee, regardless of their job title.

Cons

I have no complaints so far about this company.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

"Best career move I could make coming to Rauxa"

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at Rauxa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Going to work is an enjoyable experience, there has not been a day since I started in February that I have not wanted to go to work. Everyday is different at Rauxa, you can learn something new everyday.

What really hooked me into Rauxa was seeing how much growth is possible inside of the company, they provide many opportunities to expand your horizons and your skill set by investing in their employees.

The people at Rauxa are very friendly and helpful. At Rauxa they believe in making their employees as well around and versatile as possible, I find one of the most rewarding things about my job is the ability to learn from all the different departments on a daily basis.

Cons

When it came to goal setting I felt as if other people in my same position didn't have as challenging as goals as they could have.

Advice to Management

Since I joined Rauxa they have been doing a good job of teaching the upper management all of the things that entry level and mid level employees have to do. I think that gives upper management an even better sense of what is going on with their team and can help them understand what is workloads.

"Head, Heart, Hustle is pretty accurate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Rauxa full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Constantly upgrading our talent. The agency just keeps getting better. Still small enough where it's possible to make a difference. The energy level is high and there's plenty of positive energy.

Cons

Communication between New York and Costa Mesa could be better.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Nobody works as hard as you do. It's inspiring to see you all caring and working so hard.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Rauxa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment, smart and friendly staff.

Cons

None to speak of, no complaints.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"The Growth Opportunity is Endless"

Current Employee - Creative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Creative in New York, NY

I have been working at Rauxa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Rauxa is still a growing company so there is a lot of opportunity to take on big projects and learn quickly. For someone who likes to take on a lot of work and likes to own their own projects, this is the place for you.

There is close interaction with the C level management, which is nice because you have a chance to learn here that you probably wouldn't get at other, bigger agencies.

Cons

The work hours can be long, but it varies.

You have to create your own opportunity. If you want to work on bigger projects you have to be the type of person who asks for it and goes after what you want, which isn't for everyone.

Advice to Management

The employees are eager to learn and I think that management could spend more time teaching and shaping the employees.

"Fair place to work short-term, or for people in early career"

I have been working at Rauxa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great camaraderie with junior/mid staff; good amount of responsibility and autonomy for entry level roles; excellent humor all around; fair hours for some (other have almost unmanageable schedules); solid compensation and decent benefits for individuals; execs seem to care about improving the work environment even if they are disconnected.

Cons

Super high burnout rate; single client in NY is a moody corporate giant that doesn’t respect their agencies; job insecurity (regular layoffs without explanation/transparency, playing favorites, office politics); absolutely no training on account side, lots of green people just trying to do their best and learn as they go; frequent scolding and pattern of “blame game” in creative dept; no creative freedom, churn of templated and prescriptive work.

Agency recently let go one of their most undervalued employees, excellent guy who was knowledgeable, beloved supervisor and colleague, really dedicated. Replacing him with a woman who’s frankly rude, doesn’t know what’s going on in meetings, doesn’t contribute to ideas, doesn’t support the team, has been described as “a snake in the grass” to watch out for.

Definitely some racist, sexist and misogynistic b.s. at this company. Took too long for #1 culprit to be let go, but at least he went.

Advice to Management

More variety in NY, more clients, new opportunities for the creative team to flex their muscle. Give people a few sick days, religious observance days. Can’t believe how long it took Rauxa to offer maternity leave, particularly shocking given how proudly they tout their status as the largest US woman-owned agency.

"Account Supervisor"

Current Employee - Account Services in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Services in New York, NY

I have been working at Rauxa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rauxa is a fantastic organization for hard-working, positive individuals that have the ability to take their training and execute on it. We strive to hire GREAT employees. I see sour grapes reviews on Glassdoor and I suppose that is to be expected as not all of the employees we hire are GREAT. Rauxa absolutely trains employees. Junior level employees are nurtured. Mid to senior level employees are expected to learn our unique agency procedures/client requirements and apply their experience. The company works hard to streamline processes and multiple trainings are held whenever procedures are updated. Rauxa has the hardest working leadership team I've encountered. Leadership is positive, transparently communicates agency goals, wins (and loses), financials and employee recognition during monthly meetings, has a fitness program, excellent benefits and is committed to making Rauxa a fun place to work.

Cons

Rauxa is always growing (certainly not a con in and of itself...); however, that sometimes causes the need for existing employees to jump in and help on a new account as we staff up. High expectations for employees to be "great" can cause turnover which puts pressure on other team members to pick up the slack while new talent is on-boarded and trained.

Advice to Management

Interns often turn into our strongest employees. Keep the intern program robust!

"Has Potential, But Still Some Growing to do"

I have been working at Rauxa full-time

Pros

Some amazing people, but those people are dwindling
    Decent work-life balance if you're on the right account
    Great experience/exposure to a well-known client

Cons

Executives and upper management are out of touch with the demands of the day to day, especially if you work on Fios. Rauxa used to be a small shop and since winning the Fios business has been trying to make the transition to playing with the big boys while still maintaining that "family-like" atmosphere. It's clearly not working. There is a huge difference between people who work on smaller accounts, like Allergen and Hum, and those who work on Fios and it's often felt to be disregarded by those who fit in the latter category. There are many people in every department who are burnt out, openly miserable, and actively looking for something else.
    This place has the potential to be great but it needs to get better at saying no to unrealistic client demands and appreciating those who work incredibly hard for it. Until it get can get its act together though, I'd stay away.

Advice to Management

Start listening to your people and reassess old process. What works in California does not work in NY.

"Senior Account Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Rauxa full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly work environment. I have been here for about 2 years now. Good perks. Good benefits for single people.

Cons

People do a little too much socializing instead of working and reaching their full potential. This company needs a lot of improvement and to be honest, I wouldn't mind leaving this company in a couple months. Pay is really not that good and opportunity for growth is imaginary.

Advice to Management

I guess you guys are doing a great job. Efficiency is very important and that is something this company lacks. I don't think that Rauxa is a place where you can strive for success, less knowledge and opportunities for advancement.

"Don't be fooled by the positive Glassdoor reviews management writes and requests- STAY AWAY!"

I have been working at Rauxa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have snacks sometimes. Always cheap.

Cons

If you're reading this, you're probably considering taking a job at Rauxa. One piece of advice- don't.

At least 10 people have quit in the last month, and no end in sight. The people you met in your interview won't be there by the time you start. If this company even exists in a year I will be surprised.

The only reason to take a job at Rauxa is if you're unemployed, running out of benefits, and your house is about to be repossessed, and even so, keep looking for work after you start.

Don't make the mistake I made.

Advice to Management

Consider bringing in people with real experience and then actually empowering them. Maybe that'll end your run of new executives making it an average of 3 months before quitting.