Rauxa Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

Rauxa Reviews

Updated February 10, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • The people who work here are driven as heck, make each day fun, often quirky (in 7 reviews)

• I met some really great people there (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Any semblance of work/life balance is non-existent (in 8 reviews)

• No challenge and no support from upper management (in 8 reviews)

"Used to be great, losing its way"

I worked at Rauxa full-time

Pros

Lots of hungry young people working hard so there's plenty of energy in the office.

Cons

Talent drain at Rauxa is becoming an ongoing story. The leadership needs a major upgrade and more opportunities for those doing the work to contribute.

Advice to Management

Create a place where smart leadership wants to stick around. Invest in digital leaders who understand the current market.

Jul 21, 2016 – President

I appreciate your candor. Indeed, one of the things I love most about Rauxa is the contagious energy in our offices. Thanks also for your advice. In addition to exciting updates to our leadership ... More

"Great things happen to those who want to grow at Rauxa!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Rauxa full-time

Pros

This is a great place for people who want to really grow with a company, in the 5+ years I've been here, I've seen tremendous change and momentum as we solidify our place in this super competitive space. The people are fantastic - not only are they smart, passionate about doing great work and REALLY good at what they do, at the end of the day everyone is nice, and truly cares about one another. We celebrate our wins and support each other through the losses. The monthly All Company Meetings are great - our leadership makes it a point to put together thoughtful and productive agendas, a way for everyone to feel connected to what's going on across the agency. The office spaces are really nice - coast to coast Rauxa does office spaces right! The opportunity to learn and be exposed to different disciplines is unparalleled compared to other agencies - because we're lean, you have to wear different hats. That exposure has lead people down different paths. I started in one department and moved into a brand new one (that I helped create!) with the complete support of leadership and my colleagues.

Cons

Would love to see a bit more diversification on the client roster, and while we've made great progress with some new biz wins, would love to see different types (more social, digital, etc.) of work coming through the agency. We hustle, there is no doubt about it - it's what makes us stand out but I also think it holds us back sometimes. If you're someone who enjoys and thrives in a very fast paced and dynamic environment, than this is the place for you. If not - I'd say the pace could be too much to handle.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and honest in the All Company Meetings. Consider a rotation program where Account people have more opportunities to move on to different clients. Invest money and spend more time in the Advertising community at large (4As, NY Ad Club, etc) - in order for us to be a player, we need to be exposed to what's going on in the industry.

"The worst place I've ever worked with some of the worst leadership I've ever encountered"

Former Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY

I worked at Rauxa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The biggest pro of having had worked at Rauxa is being able to appreciate some of the worst jobs I've had. Rauxa and its leadership really put things in perspective for me as it relates to the questions to ask before accepting the offer.

Cons

Burn and turn. Awful management. Very high school cliquey culture. You're either with the cool crowd or you're out. The worst company culture imaginable. 90% of the revenue stream comes from one client who appears to resonate the bad leadership style of the management of the company. Rauxa management allowed the client to be verbally and physically abusive to its employees... What can they do? Fire their ONE SINGLE client?! Of course, not! It's easier to eliminate the employees who raised the issues about the client.

Advice to Management

You are some of the worst people I've ever met, never mind managers. You have to start with being a good human being before you can be a good leader. How about take some courses on empathy and communication and how to actually lead instead of threaten.

Jul 21, 2016 – President

I'm sorry that you felt you had such a poor experience in the short time you were with us. We will be the first to say that Rauxa is not for everyone. Having worked my way up the ranks at Rauxa from ... More

"The Numbers Speak For Themselves (2.5)"

Pros

All of the positive reviews are by "current" workers. How interesting.

Cons

Everything about this place is a con. This many people complaining about one company can't be, and are not wrong. Ask HR about their glassdoor reviews, and they will have plenty of excuses. Ask senior management, and they play the victim. Everything you read is on point. You are replaceable, only the "inner circle" is safe. Most are miserable, and scared of top management.

Advice to Management

It really doesn't matter, only the appearance of change matters. Culture will not change, high turnover will not change. It is what it is.

Jul 21, 2016 – President

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. If you want to offer more specifics, I welcome you to reach out to me directly at galshuler@rauxa.com. ​While turnover is a natural course of ... More

"Fast Past, Challenging, Innovative Place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Rauxa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Rauxa is a fun, energetic environment with a lot of smart people who are trying to do great work for their clients (and think about ways to constantly win new business, which is great). It feels very start-up, which in my opinion makes it fun since there is the opportunity and expectation that you think outside of the box and find new ways to help your clients and help the company grow. The management team is caring, making a point to reach out to new hires to ask about how their experience at Rauxa is going. I've never worked at a place where you can call/text/email/or walk in to chat with the CEO and she'll genuinely listen to you, no matter your role, level, or title. Their offices are in great locations, they have nice equipment, and the benefits are decent (reasonably good medical, pre-tax commuter options, lacking health/gym discounts).

Cons

You must speak up and help to create your path to success. Because Rauxa isn't beholden to a large holding company, they do things differently, and definitely act in an agile/start-up way -- which is to say, your success is tied to the company's success. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but if you're junior, you need to make sure you're not just being eager and excited to be at work, but really trying to be strategic, ask the right questions, challenge clients and the status quo, and think big about opportunities. That will help you get yourself noticed and on the right path for growth here.

Advice to Management

Help to clearly articulate your vision to the team and by department. How will all departments play a role in the goals for the company going forward.

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Costa Mesa, CA

Pros

i love the opportunity for growth, not only with new accounts and services/capes but also personally in my career. my manager outlined a career track and we meet regularly to discuss my progress. and everyone is responsive and willing to help. and Gina the CEO has an open door and is open to feedback and suggestions.

Cons

in our enthusiasm to please, we sometimes take on projects with insane deadlines which creates stress and we never want to sacrifice quality.

Advice to Management

Continue our growth into the digital/social space. support our new Cats on the Roof content agency. brands our looking for engaging content!

"Used to be good, now just greedy"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Rauxa (More than 5 years)

Pros

Silver lining: helped me understand what hard work really was.

Cons

CEO and all upper management. Greedy company. Good agency practice for the fresh out of college folks, anybody with any experience would know to stay away. They work you like a dog and don't know how to show their appreciation to hard work. The CEO very intelligent but there is no warmth at all. Cold cold place to work.

Advice to Management

Get new management.

"Manager"

Pros

I met some really great people there.

Cons

No challenge and no support from upper management

Feb 22, 2016 – President

Hello - thank you for giving us your candid feedback. First, I'm very happy to see you say that you met some great people. I couldn't agree more that Rauxans are exceptional people. If you'd be ... More

"Waste of time for talented employees"

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

Pros

Good clients and some fun technical challenges for an "agency". If this is your first agency gig, a decent introduction to "Agency life".

Cons

They acquired an extremely talented technical firm and then dismantled ALL of it because, "they knew better". Zero respect for employees and employee retention. Terrible corporate culture. Horrible project management. A culture of saying, "Yes" to everything even if it is not in the clients best interest. Embarrassing when respectable peers ask where you work.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves and re-hire all Rauxa management and Executives.

"Not great"

I worked at Rauxa (More than a year)

Pros

They hired me so there's that.

Cons

Micro-management. Unsure why some people had their jobs. Awful CEO and offensive company meetings.