KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Rawle Murdy Reviews

Updated Feb 9, 2021

Found 20 of over 23 reviews

4.0
Rawle Murdy President  Bruce Murdy (no image)
Bruce Murdy

Former Employee

great experience

Feb 9, 2021 - Art Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

got to work on interesting brands

Cons

really none, it was a great experience that set my career on the right path

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Efficient, Innovative & Creative Company Filled with Lots of Passionate People

Dec 4, 2019 - Copywriter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Rawle Murdy is a true creative agency where every single person is expected to contribute, collaborate, and problem-solve to produce work that the company and clients can be proud of. Outside of working with people who truly care about what they're doing, RM provides flexibility, great work-life balance, and a fun culture.

Cons

You can encounter unreasonable or difficult clients from time to time, but that is the nature of the business. Management has always been very sympathetic/aware of these situations when they arise (in my experience), so you always have the support you need.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Liked It So Much, I Came Back for More

Jun 13, 2019 - Creative Team Member in Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great culture and laid-back vibe - Work-life balance - Perfect size - Challenging clients - Supportive, caring team - SNACKS

Cons

- Just the usual small agency challenges

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Are you kidding me?

Sep 17, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Youmay get a paycheck until they decide they don’t like your shoe choice

Cons

Every single one of the senior employees, including the management and owners only care about maintaining their elitist lifestyle. They surround themselves with good people whom they pay a penitence so they can line their pockets and feel like they’re in the top 1%. They don’t care about their clients - only the money their clients pay them. If you are a prospective employee, move onto to a company with a history of treating all of their workers with integrity.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

RM is a passionate, innovative agency deeply rooted in Charleston's development

Feb 27, 2019 - Senior Account Executive in Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Fun, laid-back work environment - Good atmosphere to hone creative and strategic thinking - Experienced, supportive leadership - Integrated services (PR, social, advertising, SEO) allow staff to execute a variety of marketing techniques - Option to work remotely with flexible hours

Cons

- Like many agencies, the coming and going of difficult / unreasonable clients

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Talented people doing really good work and having a fun time doing it.

Sep 19, 2013 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Relatively new here but have watched their creative product and appreciated their strategic focus for some time. Have found the culture to be open, transparent and focused on all the right things - doing great work for clients and always leaning forward to listen to others on the team to hear how it can be better. Nothing is better than a culture that encourages smart work and rewards that with a fun environment. Love taking a break for some social inspiration and King Street and Charleston supplies that every day. Like positive energy giving people - no negative juices flowing here (thankfully). People who know how to laugh and laugh frequently. Music, energy, and a fun vibe. Mixed with hard work. And with business wins and recent quality talent hires, good things happening.

Cons

Well if you don't like dogs, Golden Retrievers in this case, don't come here. I happen to love dogs and Chandler is part of the family here - every day. The better news is he sniffs out the negative energy. Some of us like beer pong too much.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Where great culture meets great work

Sep 29, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

My favorite part about working at Rawle Murdy is collaborating with my talented coworkers. Not only are people passionate about what they're doing, but everyone seems genuinely happy to come to work everyday, which makes it pleasant for everyone. I also really enjoy the flexibility. No one is "clock watching" and I have a great balance between my personal and professional life. I think there's truly something special about a company that can be in existence for over 30 years and be constantly evolving for the better.

Cons

When areas of improvement get brought to light, all employees are encouraged to find solutions. Everyone is responsible for bringing about positive change, not just a handful of people, and I like that.

8. 1.0
    Current Employee

Frustrating to the point of providing comic relief

Mar 20, 2013 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is pretty good because there isn't much work to get in the way of life, and Charleston is a great place to live. Working here gives you great stories to share with friends; most of them almost too unbelievable to be true.

Cons

Within the past 12 months, the company has lost its three largest clients, one of them severing a relationship of approximately three decades. The "culture" encourages secrecy, favoritism, backstabbing, gossip and countless other unethical behaviors. The only business plan is how they are going to keep the doors open a few more months. It is commonplace for RM to hire talented staff with leadership experience from some of the most well-known shops in the industry, only to drive them away by continuing to operate based on whatever whim is the flavor of the day of the agency president or other management team members. Staff turnover is insane. The agency president and his surrounding cast of yes men and women are Mad Men wannabes, but they have much more in common with ineffective used car salesmen than with Don Draper.

4 people found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

I would not recommend this place to anyone on earth

May 21, 2013 - Support Staff in Charleston, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Charleston is a fun place. But I seemed to spend 20 hours a day at the office, so I only experienced the city chained to my desk.

Cons

Very disorganized to the point of being abusive. The lack of integrity by senior management is shocking. One senior person plays solitaire or shops online all day in full view of everyone, but is the first to complain about how lazy everyone is. The company has lost the majority of its clients and employees in the past 18 months. They have seen the exodus of 6 senior account management and PR people, 4 creative directors, three digital leads and one longtime account person was allegedly fired a few hours before she was to return from maternity leave without warning. The stories go on and on.

4 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Account Coordinator- PR and Social Media

Jun 27, 2018 - Account Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at Rawle Murdy for over a year and can say that it is a truly fulfilling place to work. The culture fosters creativity, collaboration and continued professional growth. The team loves what they do and are proud of the work they produce. Senior level management is always looking to improve the agency and takes employee feedback to heart. The staff of Rawle Murdy become more than just co-workers, they become family.

Cons

I haven't experienced any cons during my time at Rawle Murdy.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 Reviews