Rawlings Group 95 Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 14, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
George Rawlings

Pros
  • on site cafe, gym and coffee shop (in 9 reviews)

• Come to work, do your job, make decent money (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no flex time when it comes to this job (in 16 reviews)

• No flex time or capability to work from home (in 12 reviews)

1. "Medicare Compliance Analyst"

Former Employee - Medicare Compliance Analyst in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Medicare Compliance Analyst in Louisville, KY

I worked at Rawlings Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

large company with good benefits

Cons

location if you live in louisville

2. "Subrogation Recovery Analyst"

I worked at Rawlings Group full-time

Pros

Decent salary and benefits. The first two months of training are great!

Cons

Training needs work. If you have questions you have to wait a long time before getting an answer. Not enough trainers to be successful.

Advice to Management

Add more trainers.

3. "Auditor"

I have been working at Rawlings Group full-time

Pros

Large bonuses are common once you have been there a while and there is a good team atmosphere.

Cons

Serious disconnect between upper management and the average worker. No flex time and you cannot listen to music while working.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees and let them have a more relaxed atmosphere

5. "Current Employee"

I have been working at Rawlings Group full-time

Pros

In my past jobs, I've had the displeasure of working and then taking it home. I was constantly checking emails, taking calls, worrying about projects I either had upcoming or I had not completed. I have never...EVER...seen a job that actually rewards you for doing what they need you to do. That is, until I came to Rawlings Group. I see (and hear) people complain about not wearing jeans, or following protocols, but the bottom line is, we are there to do two things: 1. Your job, 2. Go home. "Feel entitled" is not an option in that equation.
    Every company has positives and negatives. I would encourage everyone who thinks about a career (or job...there is a difference) at Rawlings Group to know that coming in. I also wish you all the best of luck. Learn, listen and make money for your family.

Cons

I do wish we had staggered times to start and leave. With that said, if one has a family need, they really just have to speak to their lead and let them know they need to go 10-15 minutes early. The rest of your time is earned.

Advice to Management

Some policies should be written and more easily accessible so that newer employees know what they need to do. I don't have the benefit of working at Rawlings Group for a decade. It may benefit me to know where we came from and why we are where we are. For example, knowing which files to work or leave alone. A seasoned veteran will know easily. However, a new person simply won't.

6. "auditor"

I worked at Rawlings Group full-time

Pros

location, café, dress code, clean

Cons

Goals, stress, higher management, hours

"Loved job, Poor management"

I worked at Rawlings Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunity to make great salary, nice buildings, wonderful co workers

Cons

Poor management- micromanaging , my manager (not all) often flaunted his authority in a rude disrespectful manner to fuel his power trip. Sweated the small stuff instead of focusing on the bigger picture.

Advice to Management

Treat your team (the whole team) with respect. Morale is terrible on one team and not on another. All collectors should have the same opportunity as the next to make their goal and Platinum however distribution is so unfair. Monitor collectors inventory dollar amount on a monthly basis and make changes if necessary by reassigning files . Collectors have the same goal so give them the same dollar amount

"Beware!"

Former Employee - Supervisor
    Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Rawlings Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay and good hours.

Cons

Leadership in Human Resources berates and belittles employees. I have never worked for ANYONE that so freely insults people. The culture in the company is repulsive and I believe it starts at the top. If you are hired in to "management", please don't do as I did and try to manage anything. Sit quietly and stare at your computer and you may have better luck. I was actually told by one of my reports in my first couple weeks with the company that I should expect to be walked out on my six month anniversary. Six months to the very day I was escorted out. Please think long and hard before joining this company in any capacity as I wish I had listened to reviews before I joined... it will likely not magically be different for you.

Advice to Management

Re-read all of the negative reviews and see if something doesn't click.

9. "Laughing"

I have been working at Rawlings Group full-time

Pros

Great work environment
    Beautiful facility
    Great pay
    Friendly people

I have to laugh at the reviews that are posted on this site. Obviously, some of these opinions are from a group of people that have never worked in the real world or are new to the Corporate environment. This company is run like most companies....you come to work you do your job you get paid good money. This is not a babysitting service and the people giving their opinions on this site are obviously in need of a babysitter. Grow up and welcome to the real world where you actually have to work to get paid. This is not mom and dad handing you money because you took out the garbage once this week.

Cons

None that I can think of at this moment.

Advice to Management

I think Management is fine the way it is......I haven't meet a Manager that is extremely competent in their ability.

10. "A nice change from private practice"

Current Employee - Associate General Counsel in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Associate General Counsel in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Rawlings Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been an attorney with Rawlings for the past six years. I was concerned that I would miss attending hearings and having my own clients but I haven't at all. I love the fast paced atmosphere and the friendly, dedicated people with whom I work. If you have a desire to innovate, the management is willing to listen to ideas. Definitely less stressful than my prior experience working at a large firm.

Cons

The commute but actually the drive time is less than when I drove from the Highlands to Blankenbaker.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from within. We have some very bright workers with great ideas and attitudes.

11. "Work-life balance do not exist here."

Former Employee - Subrogation Analyst in Lagrange, KY
    Former Employee - Subrogation Analyst in Lagrange, KY

I worked at Rawlings Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice cafe, nice workout facilities, but do I want to work there because of those items?

Cons

The atmosphere here is not professional. To get to the top you have to back stab your fellow employees. It's an every man for himself situation. The horrible experience started with the training, which was very scattered and not cohesive. You are assigned a mentor. Many times, as in mine, the mentors do not want to be bothered with you because it is time away from their job, which affects their paycheck. Once you get on the floor, you are treated as dispensable. Be prepared to work weekends and lots of unpaid overtime if you wish to make a livable wage.

Advice to Management

Treat treating employees as dispensable and quit shoving your religion at us.