Raymond Jungles Reviews | Glassdoor

Raymond Jungles Reviews

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Raymond Jungles

1. "Inspiring Place to Work! Great Projects and It Keeps Getting Better!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at Raymond Jungles full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture, exciting work, good retirement benefits, fun, creative, thoughtful people, collaborative work style, fun location in the Coconut Grove neighborhood of Miami, passionate Principal-in-Charge, reasonable work hours and approvals of PTO (for a design firm). There are opportunities to learn and opportunities to mentor. In my 6+ years at Raymond Jungles, Inc., I was able to see young designers who started out in support roles advance into management roles. PMs often get to travel with Raymond Jungles to project sites in different and exciting countries (Mexico, the Bahamas, etc.), and meet directly with very high-profile clients. There is a level of respect and trust that goes a long way for office morale and advancement.

Cons

Opportunities are sometimes endless but they may not fall into your lap. RJI is an exceptional firm that has projects with the top architects in the world (BIG, Gehry Partners, Herzog & de Meuron, OMA, Foster + Partners to name a few), so you have to work hard, put yourself out there, and prove to upper management that you have what it takes.

Advice to Management

Balance for current staff could be one of the biggest challenges in years to come as the firm right sizes project demand with capable headcount. Be sure to have Leadership, Talent Development and HR tuned into this and openly discussing it. Hire smart.

Dec 30, 2016 – Owner- Principal in Charge

I thank any RJI employee who takes the time to give constructive criticism. We have weekly team meetings so all can express their frustrations or interests. We have a confidential suggestion box ... More

2. "Modern & Professional! Great Atmosphere!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Miami, FL

I have been working at Raymond Jungles full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun Environment where you connect with every co-worker. The company helps & pushes you to be the best and creative person you can be. It is a joy for them to watch you grow. This is a place of opportunities where you have room to grow and be yourself. The Jungles are some of the nicest, respectful, understanding and caring people I have ever met and they show it on a daily basis.

Cons

Every company has their "Cons", but Raymond Jungles, Inc. has none worth mentioning.

Advice to Management

Continue on your path and give value to each employee as you have.

Dec 30, 2016 – Owner- Principal in Charge

I am proud of the way RJI team members work and play together. We want the craft of practicing Landscaper Architecture to be enjoyable for all! We actively seek to improve any frustration or ... More

"Boss does not get it"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Raymond Jungles (More than a year)

Pros

Variety of great projects. Staff from all over the world. The pay is decent.

Cons

A super talented designer is leading an office with low morale and high turnover. Has had clients fire him. His ego is too big and does not absorb what people say about him to make his office better.

Advice to Management

The boss should have more TRUST in staff at all levels from project managers to the young designers. There are many ways to do the same thing and not be robotic in the process. The physical environment in the office might be nice but the work environment is not a happy one. Maybe if the boss were to not switch his personality from one day to the next and have less office rules will the office survive so that staff will want to stay. Many of us planning our exit.

Dec 30, 2016 – Owner- Principal in Charge

RJI does have great international projects. We have talented staff from all around the world. We do not discriminate. We strive to have the best compensation package we can, and have profit ... More

"Jungles Landscape Architect"

I worked at Raymond Jungles full-time

Pros

It was a small office but the projects were big. That made it exciting and fast paced. Raymond's talent as a designer was like no one I've worked for before or since. The atmosphere was always positive and upbeat.

Cons

There really wasn't much I didn't like about that place. I had to move away otherwise I would have stayed there for as long as they'd have me.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing. I would be a fool to think that I could improve that place with my advice. If anything, they could advise me.

Dec 30, 2016 – Owner- Principal in Charge

RJI is fast paced. There is never a dull moment. You hit the ground running! No one is ever pigeon holed into one role. We want well rounded team members. We miss those talented team members ... More

"Great opportunity to learn from a great designer."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Pros

Opportunity to be involved in high profile projects and learn from a great designer. Projects are very interesting. Owner is very accessible and involved with employees.

Cons

Employment may not be stable. This can be a great place to work, a lot of people seem to come an go.

Advice to Management

Better feedback for employees would help them better adjust to the needs and goals of the office. Tapping employees for ideas on growing the company and making it stronger would be helpful to its long term success also.

Dec 30, 2016 – Owner- Principal in Charge

RJI strives to be a great place to work. Every team member has direct access to me. On most Mondays, I take a different team member to lunch for some one on one conversations about any topic. The ... More

"Raymond Jungles"

Pros

Great projects. Raymond is extremely talented.

Cons

Very high turnover. Low morale.

Dec 30, 2016 – Owner- Principal in Charge

RJI has many talented team members. Many of them began as interns. We have improved our management procedures and the results are positive. Employees worked less hours in 2016, and, it is our ... More

8. "Landscape Architect at RJI"

Pros

beautiful workplace, good experience, CAD monkeys

Cons

this is the worst, most negative place to work. Family run business that overwork and undercompensate employees. They are paranoid and critical of employees.

Advice to Management

retire

Dec 30, 2016 – Owner- Principal in Charge

It is true, RJI provides a beautiful place to work, as well as multiple opportunities to improve one's skills. Those with proven design capabilities design as one of their many tasks. We have an ... More

"An opportunity to work on high profile projects"

I worked at Raymond Jungles full-time

Pros

Opportunity to work on world class projects and to learn from an award winning talented designer. Dedicated staff, eager to excel. Great office location.

Cons

Large employee turnover, there are few long term employees to provide continuity. Principle could be in the studio more. Too much focus on perceived shortcomings of the staff often creates a demoralized office. Continually shifting expectations by owner.

Advice to Management

Demand excellence from employees but understand that in a collaborative effort there will be bumps along the way; this is typically not the end of the world. Open contempt as a management tool is ineffective, leads to low morale and poor employee retention. Employees have a stake in the firm’s success, their feedback is invaluable.

Dec 30, 2016 – Owner- Principal in Charge

At RJI employee feedback is welcome and encouraged. In 2014 I moved back to Miami to be closer to the studio, and, since then I have regular studio days and an in the studio much more often. This ... More