Raymour & Flanigan Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Raymour & Flanigan President and CEO Neil Goldberg
Neil Goldberg

Pros
  • They promote a work life balance, and I appreciate that they understand how important time with family is to their associates (in 9 reviews)

• Committed, caring, compassionate family owned business that believes in values and team work to accomplish goals (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Most lack of work life balance is self inflicted because the individuals here enjoy their work (in 16 reviews)

• Long hours on your feet,upper management inflexible (in 21 reviews)

1. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Collegeville, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Collegeville, PA

I worked at Raymour & Flanigan full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You really have unlimited earning potential.

Cons

Work nights and weekends. (Every weekend)

2. "Associate"

I have been working at Raymour & Flanigan full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company promotes and lives by the Guiding Principles including "Be One Team" and "Raise the Bar". Many associates have worked at the company for many years and built careers here.

Cons

Expectations are very high and can be difficult to achieve.

3. "Solid Company Values"

I worked at Raymour & Flanigan full-time

Pros

Solid foundation of leadership with a genuine interest in seeing their associates thrive. Family owned business with a true understanding of success-process light and innovative culture.

Cons

Associate benefits could be a bit better.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

5. "Great family owned company"

Current Employee - Sales in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Sales in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Raymour & Flanigan full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility to run your business.

Cons

Some of the systems are dated but compared to the industry market it is still way ahead of the rest. Changes are on the horizon and the IT department is evolving.

Advice to Management

Continue to Focus on the people and ways to show recognition.

6. "Rewarding to an extent"

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative

Pros

Rewarding learning experiences evolve if you have a great team. They are very leadership oriented, and want promotion internal growth opportunities.

Cons

Some employees were very unprofessional. Based on your position title, they tend to belittle you, and deam you as incompetent.

Advice to Management

Train your management team to respect one another in the workplace. No one is better or less due to their position.

7. "Good Company Lots to Learn"

I have been working at Raymour & Flanigan full-time

Pros

Fun company learning a lot

Cons

Not the best health care

"Amazing, stable company with hard working leaders and associates"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Raymour & Flanigan full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A stable, privately owned and operated company, where leaders at the highest level, including owners, aren't afraid to roll up their sleeves and get things done. People are humble and real, and the list of associates who have been here 20+ years is long. Salaries are competitive and mostly performance based. Opportunities to grow and develop are everywhere if you express curiosity and a humble hard-working attitude. The Leadership Development Institute is second to none with 8 programs to go through. There are recognition programs and a yearly celebration where leaders and top performers are brought together at a resort, with entertainment and motivational speakers. The Goldberg family spends the holiday season traveling to cook omelets, pancakes, waffles and all the fixings for each of the 5300 associates who are invited to share feedback which is then utilized to impact change throughout the company. Benefits are cutting edge and prices have stayed the same or gone down on things like dental/vision, long term disability, and life insurance. Health insurance is low cost and the company gives us money in our health savings accounts. 401k and profit sharing are also very generous! What I love most about working here is that I am challenged daily to be a better person both personally and professionally. The work is not easy but the most rewarding things in life never are. As I look back on the 10 years that I have been here, I feel unbelievably grateful for the security and opportunities this position has provided me. I am lucky to work alongside many great people!

Cons

The company is fast paced and 24/7 which is good for company stability, but can be a difficult pace for the individual to sustain long term. Most people here thrive in this type of environment but everyone needs to take a break to recharge. Most lack of work life balance is self inflicted because the individuals here enjoy their work.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to associates and customers and utilize the feedback to make the company better each day. Continue to walk the talk with your own work ethic and humble spirits. Never stop reflecting on what you can do better.

Feb 1, 2017 – VP HR Field

Thanks so much for your feedback!

9. "Great Company"

I have been working at Raymour & Flanigan full-time

Pros

opportunities, promote form within, income

Cons

Have to work every weekend and holiday

Thank you for your feedback!

10. "Home furnishing consultant"

I worked at Raymour & Flanigan full-time

Pros

Uncapped earning potential, consistent schedule

Cons

You can only be paid if the product is delivered not when purchased. If a certain amount isn't delivered for the week you then we'll have money taken from your paycheck.

11. "HR Specialist"

I worked at Raymour & Flanigan full-time

Pros

The culture is infectious, in the best way. Anyone looking to grow with experience, enhance your current skills, and be trained with new have an incredible opportunity with this company. You can begin entry level and work your way up as high as you can with hardwork, commitment to excellence, a self-driven work ethic, and an exceptional customer service attitude. The key is to make your role your own, bring your position to new heights, prove what you are capable of, be collaborative, innovative, and always give 100% to your boss and your co-workers. Bright futures are there for R&F employees.

Cons

I don't have much on this end to provide. I will say that "walking the talk" is a simple core value that has really great impact on this organization. When you fail to walk the talk, it can be damaging for some.

Advice to Management

Some of the best people I've come to know in the company were of management level or higher. Truly, truly, a talented group of inspiring leaders who have an infectious motivation that entices others to be their best every day. Without the fantastic LDI programs available, I'm not sure if talents would be used to maximum capacity. The executive level provides incredible support to managers and directors, who in turn treat their staff with respect, a high standard, and great trust.