Raytheon BBN Technologies "parent company" Reviews | Glassdoor

Raytheon BBN Technologies Employee Reviews about "parent company"

Updated Sep 30, 2019

3.5
Raytheon BBN Technologies CEO Ed Campbell (no image)
Ed Campbell
Cons

Reviews about "parent company"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Interesting Work and Good People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Raytheon BBN Technologies full-time

Pros

* Challenging work on interesting problems. Almost all the work is on government-funded research grants, feels very much like academia but with a salary. * Amazing people. I learn something new every day I come to work and everyone is nice. * Great work/life balance. I can be as flexible with my schedule as I want and no one is expecting me to work more than 40 hours a week. * I used to think I wouldn't... like having the government as a customer, but honestly in this day and age I would rather help the government stop Russian election meddling than help some internet behemoth make more money through better targeted ads.

Cons

* Parent company bureaucracy is Kafkaesque, but thankfully everyone except upper management is largely shielded from it.

Raytheon BBN Technologies2018-12-13
  2. "Good research environment"

I have been working at Raytheon BBN Technologies

Pros

Focus on quality over speed. Interesting projects. Smart people. Private offices! BBN has a great reputation and it is largely deserved. The resources and tools are usually good.

Cons

Government funding goes up and down. Some projects are driven top-down by visions that are not productive. The fit with parent company Raytheon can be awkward as Raytheon is more of a large manufacturer while BBN is more of a research company.

Raytheon BBN Technologies2016-06-16
  3. "Great company"

I have been working at Raytheon BBN Technologies

Pros

Flexible schedule/Good pay/Great co-workers/Good time off and sick time policy/Will pay for education

Cons

Parent company hinders work/Health Benefits OK

Raytheon BBN Technologies2015-09-16
  4. "Very smart people"

I worked at Raytheon BBN Technologies

Pros

They attract and hire very good people. They understand the value of work-life balance.

Cons

Some rough times integrating with parent company, but they will get through it.

Advice to Management

Parent company does not fully understand BBN's competitive environment, prefering a one size fits all approach to benefits.

Raytheon BBN Technologies2015-04-02

"Smart employees with a clash of culture"

I worked at Raytheon BBN Technologies for more than 3 years

Pros

Employees given lots of latitude to run with their ideas. Most employees have offices. Flexible schedules are accommodated. The culture is very much like grad school for good and bad.

Cons

Not a lot of opportunity for upward mobility. It can get a little cliquish. Since Raytheon acquired BBN, there has been resentment as the parent company has introduced more bureaucracy.

Raytheon BBN Technologies2014-02-27

"Corporate Welfare at its worst"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Raytheon BBN Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great maternity benefits All Christian staff Good pay for not a lot of work Good Benefits

Cons

Most of what is classified is the fact that the work is a waste of taxpayer money Arrogant and Dishonest leadership If you don't have a PHD you might as well be dead Treat the parent company as if they are the enemy

Advice to Management

Assimilate with the Borg, resistance is futile

Raytheon BBN Technologies2013-04-21