Raytheon Reviews in Forest, MS | Glassdoor

Updated June 13, 2017

Forest, MS

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No work life balance sometimes during quarter ends (in 74 reviews)

• The upper management is unpredictable and the engineers short sighted (in 69 reviews)

"Great benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Forest, MS

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

TheFlexibility is a big plus. The Personal time off is a great have. Many paid holidays are given each year

Cons

Some management is very biased. Hard to grow within job. Have to be in the circle to be promotedor treated fairly in pay.

Advice to Management

Check the integrity of upper management.

2. "na"

Current Employee - Security Officer in Forest, MS
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Forest, MS

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

very nice place to work

Cons

kinda hard to get on in the inside

Advice to Management

create more advancement

"Grain of Salt..."

Former Employee - Test Support Technician in Forest, MS
    Former Employee - Test Support Technician in Forest, MS

I worked at Raytheon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Enjoyed the work until they stopped the overtime.

Cons

Continued hiring but, really didn't plan for the future.Eventually, there were more people and not enough work. I guess that would work for someone who didn't mind getting paid for nothing. But, the double edge sword is no OT, low moral and dealing with some cut-throat individuals.

Advice to Management

You need to listen to the heart of your company (your workers). Once you lose them, and they no longer have your vision, you're going to have to work hard to regain their trust or either clean house.

"Dont do it!"

Former Employee - Electronic Assembler/Supervisor in Forest, MS
    Former Employee - Electronic Assembler/Supervisor in Forest, MS

I worked at Raytheon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, laid back atmosphere, Loved what I did. I'm sure that all the other Raytheons are not ran this way.

Cons

Upper management doesn't interact with the people on the floor. To many clicks. To many bosses that are not bosses. Sexual harassment. Knowing you cant turn an upper management person in for fear of retaliation. No raises or room for advancement. Management makes a job for someone in there click . I worked there for 13 years and one man made me give it all up. They would have taken his side because he was in the click. Be careful working there.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like they matter. If it weren't for them you wouldn't have a job or a place to golf at! These employees have spent most of there lives here and make nothing.

"Recommend"

Current Employee - Test Tech in Forest, MS
    Current Employee - Test Tech in Forest, MS

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stable work, good benefits, comparable pay

Cons

Location is a bit out of the way

"It started out great, but ended up like I was working for a completely different company."

Current Employee - Assembler I in Forest, MS
    Current Employee - Assembler I in Forest, MS

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits are good and the work schedule is flexible.

Cons

The equipment is very old and breaks down a lot causing some product failures. Also the management is only worried about the bottom line not making sure the workers have the best equipment because of cost.

Advice to Management

Buy better equipment instead of upgrading for upper management such as new office equipment and office space and hiring more management.

"Signing your life away for little pay"

Current Employee - Technician in Forest, MS
    Current Employee - Technician in Forest, MS

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are someone who cant find a job any where else and you have a passive aggressive mentality that keeps you from standing up for yourself. IF YOU STILL WISH TO WORK HERE AFTER READING THIS I AM SORRY FOR YOU.

Cons

where to start......how about everything low pay almost minimum wage, bad leadership, not focused on personal well fare of employees, supervisors pick sides, people legitimitely hate working here and will remind you constantly, low morale, people fall asleep at the job, management is quick to fire you, and did I mention the low pay. All you will ever hear is get your 40 hours but if you add travel back and forth its really close to 50 hours.

Advice to Management

Hire people who actually now how to lead and supervise, stop picking sides, stick to the company equal oppertunity policies, give employees the chance to be promoted, stop lying about getting days off, work harder at the beginning of the month rather than rush at the end and raise the amount that you pay your employees.

"Manager"

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is decent, and the company manufactures units and systems that support our military fighters.

Cons

The following review is based on my experience at the Raytheon site in Forest, MS - I have heard, that other sites within the company are better. Benefits (personal time, flex-time) and work-life balance for salaried employees are much better at other companies. Site leadership in Forest MS is poor. Diversity is verbalized, but not practiced - employees must conform to think and act the way the leadership has determined they should; out of the box thinking, and diverse opinions and backgrounds are ignored and even suppressed. Some managers are hostile toward subordinates. Leadership driven process discipline and process improvement is poor. Personal growth is good to learn to deal with adverse work environments and poor leadership. Professional growth is reserved for "insiders." Turnover at the site is high.

Advice to Management

Overhaul leadership at the site in Forest, MS.

"For The Young Only"

Current Employee - Senior Manf Engineer in Forest, MS
    Current Employee - Senior Manf Engineer in Forest, MS

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

9/80 Work Schedule (Every other Friday off)

Cons

The "Forced Rating System" is used not allowing actual deserved performance ratings by supervisors (i.e. most great performers told they are doing fair only or unacceptable).
    there is forced employment reductions of employees over 50 years of age (their form of the movie "Logan;s Run"). Most managers are managers only with no experience about what their staff does (non-technical).

Advice to Management

A new CEO with "christian faith" must make major changes to culture.

10. "Excellent Job!!!"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Forest, MS
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Forest, MS

I have been working at Raytheon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, steady income, regular raises, work is challenging and changes almost everyday.

Cons

No CONS to speak of.

Showing 18 of 2,912 reviews