Raytheon Reviews in Sunnyvale, CA | Glassdoor

Sunnyvale, CA

5.0

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No work life balance sometimes during quarter ends (in 74 reviews)

• The upper management is unpredictable and the engineers short sighted (in 69 reviews)

1. "Software Engineer Intern"

Former Intern - Software Engineer Intern in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Intern - Software Engineer Intern in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Raytheon as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Worked at the Sunnyvale office. Raytheon was a great first place to work. It gave me a feel for how larger companies operate and lots of experience with a group development environment. Managers were great about teaching the ropes and accommodating any needs I had. My task leads were very helpful and there were other interns and new hires that I was able to bond with throughout the summer.

Cons

Took some time to get set up (both summers I worked there this was true), spending approx. a week waiting for the access to programs I needed to work.

"Slow and steady"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

I would say the pay was reasonable and the work atmosphere is pretty casual. I have made a lot of friends here and at the least the non-management employees are really eager to help you out.

Cons

It is a big company where the top guys fly themselves on private corporate jets and rarely interact with the lowly engineers.

Advice to Management

Stop the patronizing company memos and useless company whatever-o-grams. Do more for employee advancement and training. Trying to give the impression that you care, doesn't really mean you care.

Showing 2 of 2,875 reviews